The 2010s, a decade full of immense progress.

Page 7 of 9« First<456789>
February 25th, 2021 at 1:44:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/you-have-permanently-changed-them-rand-paul-grills-hhs-nominee-rachel-divine-over-parental

"On Thursday, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) grilled President Biden's nominee for assistant health secretary, Rachel Levine, over whether minor children should be allowed to make irreversible, life-changing decisions over their gender."

"Dr. Levine you have supported both allowing minors to be given hormone blockers to prevent them from going through puberty, as well as surgical destruction of a minor's genitalia" RP

"Added:
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 25th, 2021 at 1:59:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
What do you attribute the change in sexuality to, the food, media, or other?

The change is not in their sexuality, but whether or not they are willing to admit it to a random pollster.

I guess you could credit the media in helping to foster a greater atmosphere of acceptance.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 25th, 2021 at 3:04:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/you-have-permanently-changed-them-rand-paul-grills-hhs-nominee-rachel-divine-over-parental

"On Thursday, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) grilled President Biden's nominee for assistant health secretary, Rachel Levine, over whether minor children should be allowed to make irreversible, life-changing decisions over their gender."

"Dr. Levine you have supported both allowing minors to be given hormone blockers to prevent them from going through puberty, as well as surgical destruction of a minor's genitalia" RP

"Added:

These cases are so bizarre the number is just so so so tiny.
Therefore
Each case is unique and no cookie cutter approach should be taken.
I think a consensus can be reached in each unique case and if not, a family court may have to make a decision considering all the unique factors.
Surprised a Senator is concerned about these cases that are so exceedingly rare
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 25th, 2021 at 3:57:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It just shocks me that 1.8% of the younger age group identify as transgender. I would have thought that number would have been closer to 0.1%. I probably have helped with 2 dozen or so during surgery. A couple partners asked not to be involved. I never minded... I believe in individuals having control of their bodies. I differ from many in that I was against it being covered by insurance. (No... I don’t refuse to accept payment!). As I’ve said before, think how tortured you must be to submit to having your package removed.
February 25th, 2021 at 4:03:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
About 1 out of every 6 Gen Z-ers identifies as LGBT.

About 1 out of every 1 bigots finds this chart disturbing.

I think this is important to point out.

Because I have seen at least one member here say that (paraphrasing) "Bisexual men do not exist, if you have slept with men as a man, even once ever you are gay".....

It is this attitude that causes men to not talk about it and be ashamed of admitting their sexuality. It is more culturally acceptable for women to label themselves as bisexual (there still is some stigma in some circles), but generally this is more of a male issue. I think the 11% of Gen Z bisexuals is closer to the average for all generations, you can tell it is steadily increasing as it becomes more acceptable. Do people really think there were 0.3 bisexuals in the generation born pre-1964? Of course not, its just that you could never publicly admit it..... I have no math for this, but I would guess it closer to 15% (if you get really technical and call somebody bisexual if they ever had an experience with the same sex even once, its probably even far higher.... And, conservatives seems really keen on obsessing if you have "ever had sex with somebody of the same gender, even once".... )

Nothing about this should be alarming or disturbing to anyone.... Its progress because people feel more willing to be honest about their emotions.
February 25th, 2021 at 4:05:35 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

Nothing about this should be alarming or disturbing to anyone.... Its progress because people feel more willing to be honest about their emotions.

My thoughts exactly.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 25th, 2021 at 4:17:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: SOOPOO
It just shocks me that 1.8% of the younger age group identify as transgender. I would have thought that number would have been closer to 0.1%. I probably have helped with 2 dozen or so during surgery. A couple partners asked not to be involved. I never minded... I believe in individuals having control of their bodies. I differ from many in that I was against it being covered by insurance. (No... I don’t refuse to accept payment!). As I’ve said before, think how tortured you must be to submit to having your package removed.
And to think...I woke up once and looked down...and I had a colostomy bag. That was shocking enough. Mine was reversible, thanks to modern medicine. As much trouble as my penis has caused me, I still want to keep it. I won't say it's always been my friend.
March 2nd, 2021 at 11:41:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

One out of 6 Z-ers are different, and 18 years of boomers are traditional, could be why we only let the the Zers have 5 years and why we gave the "greatest gen", the rest of time?

What do you attribute the change in sexuality to, the food, media, or other?

I would just guess general social acceptance and that the ACTUAL numbers probably haven't changed that much. I guess the only one to really change a bit is probably transexual, but I think that's because it's more of a viable option now than perhaps it was at one time.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 2nd, 2021 at 12:13:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Mission146
I would just guess general social acceptance and that the ACTUAL numbers probably haven't changed that much. I guess the only one to really change a bit is probably transexual, but I think that's because it's more of a viable option now than perhaps it was at one time.
As if, life wasn't hard enough just the way it is.

How would you count the reversals? Here I am trying to stay out of the OR.

https://www.hli.org/resources/what-percentage-of-transgenders-regret-surgery/

"The American Heart Association links terrible health implications to those opting to receive hormonal therapy.

The data was extrapolated and studied further based on a Dutch study. Dangerous health implications have been uncovered:

Men undertaking female hormone treatments doubled the average stroke risk of both men and women.
Men undertaking female hormone treatments doubled their heart attack risk.
These same men also increased their blood clot risk by 4.5 times.
Women taking hormones to transition to men were perhaps worse off, in that they triple their heart attack risk.
This study does not look at the psychiatric impact on patients, nor the impacts of gender reassignment surgery. But taking the physical data alone, it is reckless for the medical establishment to condone administering adult hormone therapy. Patients undergoing this treatment have been treated as guinea pigs when they should have received non-biased psychiatric treatment to address underlying issues."
March 2nd, 2021 at 12:23:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
As if, life wasn't hard enough just the way it is.

How would you count the reversals? Here I am trying to stay out of the OR.

https://www.hli.org/resources/what-percentage-of-transgenders-regret-surgery/

"The American Heart Association links terrible health implications to those opting to receive hormonal therapy.

The data was extrapolated and studied further based on a Dutch study. Dangerous health implications have been uncovered:

Men undertaking female hormone treatments doubled the average stroke risk of both men and women.
Men undertaking female hormone treatments doubled their heart attack risk.
These same men also increased their blood clot risk by 4.5 times.
Women taking hormones to transition to men were perhaps worse off, in that they triple their heart attack risk.
This study does not look at the psychiatric impact on patients, nor the impacts of gender reassignment surgery. But taking the physical data alone, it is reckless for the medical establishment to condone administering adult hormone therapy. Patients undergoing this treatment have been treated as guinea pigs when they should have received non-biased psychiatric treatment to address underlying issues."

What I meant by, "Viable option," is just that not only is it more accepted within the culture, but surgeries/hormone treatments at least seem more readily attainable than they once were.

Another thing is that I don't think you actually have to/plan to get gender reassignment surgery/treatments to identify as transgender necessarily, so transgender can apparently mean a lot more things. In 2021, any word can mean whatever the hell you want it to mean, didn't you know?

In fact, I found out that, "Drag Queen," doesn't necessarily mean a man dressing up as a (often-well known or thematic) female personage. I'd overheard some sort of video someone had playing talking about a transexual, "Drag queen," and asked my fiancee, "Wouldn't that person just want to be known as a woman, and as such, cannot be a drag queen?"

But, nope, anyone can apparently be a drag queen. Even women can be drag queens...even though they're basically just playing dress up.

I guess my point is that, in order to be transexual, all you have to do is declare it to be so.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 7 of 9« First<456789>