The 2010s, a decade full of immense progress.

Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »
January 11th, 2020 at 12:43:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
yeah.... I know being gay does not make you a pedophile, just as being a straight man does not make you a molester of young girls.
But you would never think of letting a straight man in the locker room with the girls swimming team. But you would let a gay man in the locker room with the boys swimming team. I see the two as analagous.

Well, there should never be any adult in a locker room for children.

But, you are aware that every state already has gay gym teachers and coaches?

In Boy Scouts, I can't recall a single time adults and kids had to change in front of each other (in fact changing/shower areas were always seperate or designated times for adults or kids to avoid such situations etc....)
But, in schools nobody has an issue with gym teachers going into kids lockers rooms.... It's only an issue for Boy Scouts, where in my anecdotal experience, it is not even a factor that ever occurs..... Same with the military, huge double standard....
January 11th, 2020 at 12:52:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Well, there should never be any adult in a locker room for children.

Sort of...... the adult is there to monitor the children so that there is not child on child violence, and also just general safety concerns.
January 11th, 2020 at 2:41:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
yeah.... I know being gay does not make you a pedophile, just as being a straight man does not make you a molester of young girls.
But you would never think of letting a straight man in the locker room with the girls swimming team. But you would let a gay man in the locker room with the boys swimming team. I see the two as analagous.

Where should a gay man urinate, if boys are also allowed in a public bathroom? Which as far as I know, they normally are.

How do nudist colonies function without constant raping?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2020 at 3:11:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Either greedy penny pinching capitalists designed the public bathroom. Or people who like to possibly "go" publicly with other people did.

Because I would just prefer single bathrooms for everyone.

I'm exaggerating (somewhat)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2020 at 3:51:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

I went to the nude beach in Santa
Barbara all the time with my GF.
Nothing more boring than a bunch
of naked bodies. Sex doesn't even
occur to you. Barfing does..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 11th, 2020 at 7:57:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Shrek
Just like if I'm the parent of a young girl on a swimming team, there's no way in hell I'd want her to be around a regular guy in the locker room.
No. but that is probably what she wants. I think you are ignoring critical views. In Scandinavia neither genitals nor intercourse is considered unnatural or shameful. Finland has nude hikers all the time. Sauna is a couple's experience and no clothing is worn. There is a bench where naked people sit while awaiting a suitable partner's arrival. Even in the USA trail hikers are often nude and rangers merely ask the hikers to put clothes back on, no arrests are made or citations issued.
January 12th, 2020 at 9:40:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Where should a gay man urinate, if boys are also allowed in a public bathroom? Which as far as I know, they normally are.

I am a new member of the Y. I was surprised that in the men's locker room there are no open urinals. I do not care if I share a bathroom shower or urinal with gay men. Of course I must have my entire life. If a straight male is concerned about not being exposed to gay men, there is always an option of a closed stall. Let's spice up the conversation by adding transgender....
January 12th, 2020 at 10:45:13 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I am a new member of the Y. I was surprised that in the men's locker room there are no open urinals. I do not care if I share a bathroom shower or urinal with gay men. Of course I must have my entire life. If a straight male is concerned about not being exposed to gay men, there is always an option of a closed stall. Let's spice up the conversation by adding transgender....

When I was in High School the boys dressing room only had a gang shower. The gym instructor had a little window in his office so he could watch what was going on in the shower.

At that time the YMCA didn't allow bathing suits in the their pool for 'hygienic reasons'. The pool was unisex (I guess that is an obsolete word now) because all the girls were at the YWCA.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 12th, 2020 at 1:29:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
When I was in High School the boys dressing room only had a gang shower. The gym instructor had a little window in his office so he could watch what was going on in the shower.

At that time the YMCA didn't allow bathing suits in the their pool for 'hygienic reasons'. The pool was unisex (I guess that is an obsolete word now) because all the girls were at the YWCA.

I think eventually unisex bathrooms will be the future. If you use shows like Battlestar Galactica as a reference, it seems a lot of scifi shows, particularly about futuristic militaries, tend to have gender neutral showering and changing requirements....
January 12th, 2020 at 2:01:20 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Gandler
If you use shows like Battlestar Galactica as a reference,
This is hilarious!

So we're gonna have unisex bathrooms because it was on a fictional TV show?? LOL! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »