No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 22nd, 2020 at 12:07:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

So, basically, it wasn't a "study" at all in the way Dr. Fauci talks about...with all groups having the same symptoms, same stage of the disease, and not knowing what therapy they were getting.

No serious person would accept a "study" that lasted less than a month in the first place. Not a study, a hit-piece for big pharma.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:10:13 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
It was BS advice
I don't give him a pass
If you had a lupus patient that cant get the drug due to Trump, still give him a pass
I'm not even a DR and I knew Trump was full of BS
Would you prescribe a drug simply due to anecdotal evidence?????????????

Absofreakinglutely! If I get sick I'm getting Remdesivir. At present all anecdotal as well. Maybe also one of the IL-6 drugs. Also anecdotal at present. Unfortunately, to get a true double blind scientifically acceptable study for a disease that only gets a small percentage of those infected sick, takes a lot of patients to be in the trial. I would PREFER a full trial, but given the fact that if I get sick tomorrow there will not be one completed, I'd assess the risk of the two drugs I've mentioned do not equal the potential benefit they would give me.

You are aware Trump wrote ZERO prescriptions for chloroquin, right? Doctors on the front line, watching patients die in front of their eyes with no real treatment option available, grasped at any anecdotal evidence to try something. If I do nothing, you will die. I may not even think this will work, but others have said it helped, so lets try it. If you want to blame those doctors for a shortage of chloroquin, feel free.
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:10:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: OnceDear

Something is wrong with defending our ships at sea? Or do you prefer they run away?
You'd be perfectly happy if he tweeted, today, without prompting... "If any Russian planes fly a bit close, just shoot them down"?
Rhetorical question. I won't value your answer.

You can have an answer anyhow. If an enemy nation is attacking, you take action. He did not say "a bit close" he is talking about ships taking aggressive action. And to that you take action in steps, shot across bow first, etc.

But if you think we should not defend ourselves I can't help you.

Do you think Winston Churchill just told his navy to ignore the U-boats? Let the Bismark alone?
I watched a clip of the Iranian fast boats checking our ships. If those captains felt threatened, they had better never try salmon fishing in Bristol bay. Iranians are proud people, even though we are using biowarfare against them, they are not going to 'bend the knee'.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:22:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Iranians are proud people, even though we are using biowarfare against them, they are not going to 'bend the knee'.

Absolutely, they are still not over the CIA installing a puppet regime , the Shah
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:31:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

You are aware Trump wrote ZERO prescriptions for chloroquin, right?

Trump said we've stockpiled 29 million doses of it. (heard him say it myself)

Probably can't get our money back so I hope we can use them up before they expire.

Hope he got them at a better price than this

https://www.drugs.com/price-guide/chloroquine
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2020 at 1:29:08 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
As far as Trump and chloroquin, I give him a pass. There were lots of anecdotes touting its success. Remember, I mentioned that since the real death rate from infection, once we get widespread testing, will be less than 1%. With such a low real death rate, for the purpose of this example let's use 0.5%. So there are 1000 patients who get the virus. Only 5 will die. Some French doctor had 1000 with only 3 dying and he mistakingly believed it was due to the drug. While the gamblers here think it was just variance. And larger studies have confirmed that chloroquin was not effective.

Trump was fooled by the hopeful doctors who saw a patient or two get better and misinterpreted the reason. But his comments were hopeful at the time. No problem with it. If anything, his positive comments sped up the evaluation of chloroquin and put it to bed sooner than it would have been had he ignored it.

Sounds like he listened to the advice that he wanted to hear.

From the New York Times:
"A doctor who led a U.S. agency helping to develop a coronavirus vaccine says he was removed because he questioned the promotion of hydroxychloroquine, a drug endorsed by President Donald J. Trump without rigorous vetting."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 22nd, 2020 at 1:37:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Dalex64

From the New York Times:
"A doctor who led a U.S. agency helping to develop a coronavirus vaccine says he was removed because he questioned the promotion of hydroxychloroquine, a drug endorsed by President Donald J. Trump without rigorous vetting."

Expect the more despicable righties (Donny first and foremost) to try to smear him:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 22nd, 2020 at 1:39:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64

From the New York Times:

Dr. Soopoo and several other members have already mentioned there wasn't time for "rigorous vetting". It was a known safe drug that some French doctors had been promoting for months. As I mentioned in an earlier post are you going after Cuomo for his 'I need 60,000 ventilators" which was also BS. Nobody knows where we are headed with this pandemic and I am sure that at least 50% of the information that we are getting form "the experts" today will prove to be wrong down the road.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 22nd, 2020 at 1:59:14 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: kenarman
Dr. Soopoo and several other members have already mentioned there wasn't time for "rigorous vetting". It was a known safe drug that some French doctors had been promoting for months. As I mentioned in an earlier post are you going after Cuomo for his 'I need 60,000 ventilators" which was also BS. Nobody knows where we are headed with this pandemic and I am sure that at least 50% of the information that we are getting form "the experts" today will prove to be wrong down the road.
+100

Yessssssssss!! Another SLAM on the libbies lol!! 😂😂😂
April 22nd, 2020 at 2:01:35 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Libbies love lauding Bill Gates and his old statements, but how about George Carlin????

He makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than the guy who can't even prevent Windows from getting viruses!!

PREACH IT GEORGE!!