No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 22nd, 2020 at 4:25:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
This is what I don't understand about libbies.
If the rest of us go back to work.................................then the libbies should STAY QUARANTINED if they don't like it!!

Why the heck is this so hard for libbies to understand?!

I'll say it again............let the rest of us go back to work, and you freakin libbies all around the country can STAY QUARANTINED!!!

Dang, seems like you’ve let the libbies ruin your life. What a shame.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 22nd, 2020 at 7:18:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
As far as Trump and chloroquin, I give him a pass. There were lots of anecdotes touting its success. Remember, I mentioned that since the real death rate from infection, once we get widespread testing, will be less than 1%. With such a low real death rate, for the purpose of this example let's use 0.5%. So there are 1000 patients who get the virus. Only 5 will die. Some French doctor had 1000 with only 3 dying and he mistakingly believed it was due to the drug. While the gamblers here think it was just variance. And larger studies have confirmed that chloroquin was not effective.

Trump was fooled by the hopeful doctors who saw a patient or two get better and misinterpreted the reason. But his comments were hopeful at the time. No problem with it. If anything, his positive comments sped up the evaluation of chloroquin and put it to bed sooner than it would have been had he ignored it.
April 22nd, 2020 at 7:25:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
As far as Trump and chloroquin, I give him a pass. There were lots of anecdotes touting its success.

It was BS advice
I don't give him a pass
If you had a lupus patient that cant get the drug due to Trump, still give him a pass
I'm not even a DR and I knew Trump was full of BS
Would you prescribe a drug simply due to anecdotal evidence?????????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2020 at 9:19:47 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Why take military action in Iran? They are among the worst hit places.

Quote: OnceDear
I'm sure your president will explain it to you and it will make perfect sense.

Tick Tock Tick Tock
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252932181447630848?s=20
April 22nd, 2020 at 9:47:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Something is wrong with defending our ships at sea? Or do you prefer they run away?

The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2020 at 10:41:37 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11

Something is wrong with defending our ships at sea? Or do you prefer they run away?
You'd be perfectly happy if he tweeted, today, without prompting... "If any Russian planes fly a bit close, just shoot them down"?
Rhetorical question. I won't value your answer.
April 22nd, 2020 at 10:46:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

You'd be perfectly happy if he tweeted, today, without prompting... "If any Russian planes fly a bit close, just shoot them down"?

You can have an answer anyhow. If an enemy nation is attacking, you take action. He did not say "a bit close" he is talking about ships taking aggressive action. And to that you take action in steps, shot across bow first, etc.

But if you think we should not defend ourselves I can't help you.

Do you think Winston Churchill just told his navy to ignore the U-boats? Let the Bismark alone?
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2020 at 11:57:47 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This is the study that concluded HCQ was not effective for veterans hospitalized with Covid-19. Click 'Preview PDF' on the page, to view the complete report.

Rates of ventilation in the HC, HC+AZ, and no HC groups were 13.3%, 6.9%, 14.1%, respectively.

The rate of ventilation in HC+AZ group was half that of the HC and no-HC groups.

Rates of death in the HC, HC+AZ, and no HC groups were 27.8%, 22.1%, 11.4%, respectively.

This was ‘expected’. The no HC group was less sick to begin with.

"However, hydroxychloroquine, with or without azithromycin, was more likely to be prescribed to patients with more severe disease, as assessed by baseline ventilatory status and metabolic and hematologic parameters. Thus, as expected, increased mortality was observed in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine, both with and without azithromycin."

The study cannot answer what the death rate for those patients with more severe disease would have been without HC or HC+AZ.
April 22nd, 2020 at 11:58:19 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Must defend oil price/ petrodollar.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:03:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko
This is the study that concluded HCQ was not effective for veterans hospitalized with Covid-19. Click 'Preview PDF' on the page, to view the complete report.

Rates of ventilation in the HC, HC+AZ, and no HC groups were 13.3%, 6.9%, 14.1%, respectively.

The rate of ventilation in HC+AZ group was half that of the HC and no-HC groups.

Rates of death in the HC, HC+AZ, and no HC groups were 27.8%, 22.1%, 11.4%, respectively.

This was ‘expected’. The no HC group was less sick to begin with.

"However, hydroxychloroquine, with or without azithromycin, was more likely to be prescribed to patients with more severe disease, as assessed by baseline ventilatory status and metabolic and hematologic parameters. Thus, as expected, increased mortality was observed in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine, both with and without azithromycin."

The study cannot answer what the death rate for those patients with more severe disease would have been without HC or HC+AZ.

So, basically, it wasn't a "study" at all in the way Dr. Fauci talks about...with all groups having the same symptoms, same stage of the disease, and not knowing what therapy they were getting.