1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 21st, 2020 at 4:33:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
It was very irresponsible of Trump to push this drug
Now there is shortage due to Trumps BS and people with Lupus cant get it

So was it also irresponsible for the experts to push masks and create a shortage. Was it also irresponsible for the medical "experts" and Cuomo to push for 60,000 ventilators and create a shortage followed by a glut. People go with the best information they have at the time. If we were to follow a controlled scientific procedure we would have half the states in shutdown and half not for 6 months and then spend 2 months examining the data for a proper controlled study on how effective it is.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 21st, 2020 at 4:40:14 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
But just like you think I am insulated from the financial parts of the crisis because I made a good living, you are insulated from the actual real life and death facts of this. NYC ALONE has 500+ deaths a day for quite a while. Try and get your head around that one. Just like most people really can't understand what a trillion dollars is, 500-1000 dead people a day in a single locale from a single disease which was unheard of last year is difficult to comprehend.
Oh I agree with lockdowns in certain cities where the virus is particularly bad. I just don't agree with a lockdown in a place like Fresno County which only has FIVE deaths. FIVE in the whole freakin county!! There should NEVER have been a lockdown in FC. No way should Gabbin Newsom be turning it into a police state!

So my answer is this...... If the dry cleaners can be open safely, why can't the wedding planning shop? When we were planning our wedding, we would make an appointment, go into the shop, talk with the proprietor, look through albums or at her computer , and make a purchase. The most other people in the store was ONE. She can EASILY conduct business using social distancing guidelines.

Let her open TODAY. No stupid "phases" needed.

My two sons..... One works in a six person office.... big enough to be 'rated' 40 person occupancy. Plenty of room between each other. Almost no clients/visitors ever come there. Let them open TODAY.
Second son works essentially all by himself in a big lab at University of Florida. (Deemed non-essential). There may be others in the same lab but he can easily work using social distancing rules. Let him work there TODAY.
Totally agree!!
April 21st, 2020 at 4:47:53 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: AZDuffman
But it is not all that bad as so many of the deaths so far are people who were in very bad shape having at most a year left to live.
+100

Bingo! Libbies conveniently ignore the fact that most of the people who died had pre-existing health issues!

Then add in the lives lost because of suicides, OD's and other ways because of the lockdown and potential depression following.
+100 again

I just read this article: A New Covid-19 Crisis: Domestic Abuse Rises Worldwide

Unbelievable how libbies are pro-domestic violence now..........

Quote: kenarman
So was it also irresponsible for the experts to push masks and create a shortage. Was it also irresponsible for the medical "experts" and Cuomo to push for 60,000 ventilators and create a shortage followed by a glut. People go with the best information they have at the time. If we were to follow a controlled scientific procedure we would have half the states in shutdown and half not for 6 months and then spend 2 months examining the data for a proper controlled study on how effective it is.
+100

Damn, you just pwned him lol!! 🤣🤣🤣
April 21st, 2020 at 5:06:55 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Of course. Much less than that from all sources. At the peak of 1,000 a day, thats 350,000 a year or so. I don't know the number, but it is a fraction of that. We in Buffalo now have more than 100 patients on ventilators in ICUs due to COVID. Probably more than would be from all other causes.
Of course anecdotal, but I've asked my friends at NYC hospitals (during the peak) how many patients they were intubating daily due to Covid. They would say 12, 14, etc.... I asked them how many would they intubate daily for non-COVID reasons. 1-2 on average, if there happened to be a bad car accident maybe 3 or 4.

I know NYC is huge, overpopulated.... But try and close your eyes and see 1000 body bags lined up daily from this ONE cause.

I've said it from day one. At some point we will need open things up despite the additional deaths it will cause. I think in the post you copied part of, I gave some specific examples of businesses that should be open today with social distancing rules in effect.

No one can know for sure how many lives have been saved by crippling the economy.

How about a poll....

I am willing to accept _____ more deaths to fully open the economy.

My guess is without the original lockdown, the number would have been in the 100,000 range. I think the fatality rate will be lower per case than quoted, and individuals would still have the right to self quarantine. Plus non-crippling changes would help.... hand sanitizers everywhere, masks worn in crowded public areas, etc....

My answer would have been 10,000 additional deaths. Like an add on to a bad flu season.

In 2017 the state of New York averaged 425 deaths a day. So 1000 is about double the normal deaths if we can assume some of the elderly would have died anyway.

As far as your poll goes I expect that either the risk is way overblown or we will see a million deaths eventually even with the shutdowns. My answer is 1,000,000
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 21st, 2020 at 5:23:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
So, not one big hospital with conservative doctors is in the news using this drug to discredit big pharma. Why? Fox News is closed?

What does how the doctors vote have to do with anything? Multiple sources are saying it works. It can be made in huge quantities fast. But no big bucks for big pharma.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2020 at 5:31:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I finally figured out why I don't like the old lady scarf Queen doctor who's always up there with Trump. I don't trust her. I just had it verified. I watched a video of a body language expert breakdown one of scarf Queens speeches. Turns out she's deceptive as hell. She spews a lot of gobbledygook nonsense to cover up the fact that she's not answering the questions. And her body language just screams stress and deception. I really can't stand her.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2020 at 5:36:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What does how the doctors vote have to do with anything? Multiple sources are saying it works. It can be made in huge quantities fast. But no big bucks for big pharma.

I said nothing about voting doctors. There are doctors who would be glad to prove the President right. Why aren't they just turning out cures?

You know why, because what you're suggesting isn't true. They can't show real data, because it doesn't exist.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:02:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The freeway is a mile from my
house and late at night I can
hear the tires on the pavement
even from a mile away. Not
anymore, not since the lock
down..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 22nd, 2020 at 2:33:27 AM permalink
Shrek
This is what I don't understand about libbies.
If the rest of us go back to work.................................then the libbies should STAY QUARANTINED if they don't like it!!

Why the heck is this so hard for libbies to understand?!

I'll say it again............let the rest of us go back to work, and you freakin libbies all around the country can STAY QUARANTINED!!!
April 22nd, 2020 at 3:41:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I said nothing about voting doctors. There are doctors who would be glad to prove the President right. Why aren't they just turning out cures?

You know why, because what you're suggesting isn't true. They can't show real data, because it doesn't exist.

And it doesn't exist because they are concerned with treating patients, not generating data.

The real reason so many people are saying it doesn't work is because Trump suggested it does. End. Of. Story.

I trust doctors who are in the field treating patients over ones that do not but do studies any day of the week.
The President is a fink.