No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 21st, 2020 at 11:45:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hydroxychloroquine-treatment-for-covid-19-shows-no-benefit-and-more-deaths-in-va-study-2020-04-21
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2020 at 11:50:30 AM permalink
rxwine
If anything, you'd want to hear hydroxychloroquine did no harm, rather than more patients died, especially if you wanted to consider trying it.

But, there will be more tests coming in on it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2020 at 12:20:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If anything, you'd want to hear hydroxychloroquine did no harm, rather than more patients died, especially if you wanted to consider trying it.

But, there will be more tests coming in on it.

I believe it is doing good. I trust field reports more than "studies" that are short terms and likely out to push an agenda. Can't have a medicine out of patent helping the china virus patients.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2020 at 12:23:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hydroxychloroquine-treatment-for-covid-19-shows-no-benefit-and-more-deaths-in-va-study-2020-04-21

I’m too lazy to search for it, but imagine me quoting Fleaswatter’s classic “Donny was right about hydroxychloroquine!” post and adding the “Sure, Jan” gif.

Speaking of which, where is Fleaswatter?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2020 at 2:37:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I believe it is doing good. I trust field reports more than "studies" that are short terms and likely out to push an agenda. Can't have a medicine out of patent helping the china virus patients.

Big pharma can't have a drug that's
cheap and can be made by anybody
ruling the day. They will do whatever
possible to turn the meds into a cash
cow.
We have no real idea how much big
pharma runs things. You can't watch
a TV show without seeing ads for
some expensive designer drug. 20
years ago there were zero of these
ads.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2020 at 2:48:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
cow.
ads.

No one is going to deprive you of your malaria drug and whatever nonsense you want to believe.
April 21st, 2020 at 2:49:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
cow.
ads.

Anyone who thinks that big pharma is not trying to discredit using the old drug is living in denial.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2020 at 2:55:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Anyone who thinks that big pharma is not trying to discredit using the old drug is living in denial.

So, not one big hospital with conservative doctors is in the news using this drug to discredit big pharma. Why? Fox News is closed?
April 21st, 2020 at 4:13:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
TWO doctors in Wuhan who recovered from the virus now have extremely dark skin. Officially attributed to liver damage but neither doctor agrees.
April 21st, 2020 at 4:22:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I’m too lazy to search for it, but imagine me quoting Fleaswatter’s classic “Donny was right about hydroxychloroquine!” post and adding the “Sure, Jan” gif.

Speaking of which, where is Fleaswatter?

It was very irresponsible of Trump to push this drug
Now there is shortage due to Trumps BS and people with Lupus cant get it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"