No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 13th, 2020 at 3:10:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-california-prepared-enact-martial-215237009.html
They must have a long list of exceptions? One third of US vegetables and half of the fruit and nuts comes from California?

May we live in interesting times.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 13th, 2020 at 5:34:08 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-california-prepared-enact-martial-215237009.html

Politically that was a stupid thing to say. He needs to sudy politics and learn to speak like a politician. "I will do whatever is required within the law to solve this problem".
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 13th, 2020 at 7:15:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

On the flip side
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/05/12/gop-governors-who-reopened-quickly-met-with-low-approval-ratings-new-poll-finds/#382616d45380
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 13th, 2020 at 7:41:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
For those that are infected with the Corona virus in this county [Mohave] there is a 12.6% kill rate. Wow.
May 13th, 2020 at 9:09:18 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
For those that are infected with the Corona virus in this county [Mohave] there is a 12.6% kill rate. Wow.

Lack of medical care in the area?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 13th, 2020 at 9:57:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
Quote: petroglyph

Lack of medical care in the area?
No, not sure. I think partly because over 30% are over 65, and the lowest concentration of testing in the US is in Az.

Really bad on the Navajo reservation, with fewer than 70% having running water.
May 14th, 2020 at 4:40:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Inside Trump’s coronavirus meltdown

Great article from the Financial Times about just how badly Donny has screwed the US.

Still waiting to hear from our righties all the good stuff he’s done in response to the crisis (besides the China travel ban they always cite).

Quote:
Yet without exception, everyone I interviewed, including the most ardent Trump loyalists, made a similar point to Conway. Trump is deaf to advice, said one. He is his own worst enemy, said another. He only listens to family, said a third. He is mentally imbalanced, said a fourth. America, in other words, should brace itself for a turbulent six months ahead – with no assurance of a safe landing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 14th, 2020 at 5:20:06 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Inside Trump’s coronavirus meltdown

Great article from the Financial Times about just how badly Donny has screwed the US.

Still waiting to hear from our righties all the good stuff he’s done in response to the crisis (besides the China travel ban they always cite).

I am fairly sure it is more of the same garbage published all the time, but you linked a pay-walled site, so I won't be reading the article.

We can't even tell from your quote what issue they were talking about.

In spite of all the left's whining about him not following the advice of scientists, and some of his own dumb comments, he has followed a goo deal of the guidance and advice provided. Some of it has worked out well, some of it has not. We can't shut down for an endless amount of time. and just print money to cover it.

There may be a few jobs people don't need to have due to already having money, but a huge percentage of jobs are essential to the people who hold those jobs.
May 14th, 2020 at 6:41:52 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC

In spite of all the left's whining about him not following the advice of scientists, and some of his own dumb comments, he has followed a goo deal of the guidance and advice provided. Some of it has worked out well, some of it has not. We can't shut down for an endless amount of time. and just print money to cover it.

WTF
Fauci does not think schools should open
Trump wants schools to open. He's Mr Death
WTF does this have to do with the economy.
Its unsafe to open the schools but Trump disagrees with science
We are now finding insidious problems in children due to this virus
Lets stay safe and keep the kids safe. Our economy does not depend on grade schools.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/13/coronavirus-trump-says-schools-should-open-fall-fauci/5187530002/
Trump says schools should 'absolutely open' this fall, says Fauci did not give 'acceptable answer'

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/health/coronavirus-children-kawasaki-pmis.ht
May 14th, 2020 at 6:43:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I suspect one of the reasons our righties are so hesitant to specify the good stuff (besides the China travel ban) they say Donny has done in response to the pandemic is because I will be easily able to find a tweet he sent out afterwards that contradicts his advice or the action he supposedly took.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman