No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 6th, 2020 at 1:40:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
I get the impression that our righties, who only ingest right wing media, are massively underestimating what a huge deal this could be within just a few weeks.

It is clear the administration is limiting the amount of testing being done because the want to keep the number of confirmed cases to a minimum. That is just an incredibly stupid move and it’s going to come back and bite them in the butt.

Can’t wait to see the results of those “Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?” polls a couple months from now...

Trump usually gets lucky not letting facts get in the way. This one will be difficult for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2020 at 1:42:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I get the impression that our righties, who only ingest right wing media, are massively underestimating what a huge deal this could be.

Yawn, it's an over inflated nothing
burger. You'll see, just like you saw
with everything else you thought
was a huge deal.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 6th, 2020 at 1:43:57 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I get the impression that our righties, who only ingest right wing media, are massively underestimating what a huge deal this could be within just a few weeks.

It is clear the administration is limiting the amount of testing being done because the want to keep the number of confirmed cases to a minimum. That is just an incredibly stupid move and it’s going to come back and bite them in the butt.

Can’t wait to see the results of those “Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?” polls a couple months from now...

Meanwhile testing capability, and the group of people being tested, continues to grow. Guidelines are changing for testing.

Clinics are figuring out how to handle potential cases and getting protocols in place.

There was a problem with the test the CDC had and that has been fixed.

This information was from CNN but I have heard remarkably similar things on Fox.

The administration has not been perfect...I don't remember the first perfect one.
March 6th, 2020 at 1:45:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I am amazed at the right wing illogical reaction to Ebola and the Coronavirus
Ebola is real hard to get and does not spread easily yet conservatives went bonkers over it
This virus spreads easily and spreads fast yet conservatives are down playing it
Its stunning the illogical reaction
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2020 at 1:50:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

The administration has not been perfect...I don't remember the first perfect one.

Your statement is beyond ridiculous.

Sincerely, this administration under Trump is not even in the ballpark of trying to be accurate, and i'm fine with comparing it to all the other modern era Republican administrations. The lack of straight information compared to Bush, Bush, Reagan, should embarrass all of you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2020 at 1:54:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC

When it comes to coronavirus, the administration hasn't even been mediocre.

I honestly wish they'd just let Donny go play golf for a month and let the adults handle this...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2020 at 1:55:01 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Yawn, it's an over inflated nothing
burger. You'll see, just like you saw
with everything else you thought
was a huge deal.

After your Ebola nonsense in 2014, we're gonna continue to just ignore your thoughts on this one...
March 6th, 2020 at 2:03:21 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.In another article in the Journal, Guan et al. report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted
List of authors.
Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387?query=RP
March 6th, 2020 at 2:48:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
just as there are idiots clearing store shelves of six moths worth of toilette paper, there will be idiots involved in business and public health decisions.

Airlines are hard hit, some resort hotels are worried, some businesses are encouraging reservation-booking but on a no penalty for cancellation basis.

Some surveillance programs will be scaled back, some will be beefed up.
March 6th, 2020 at 2:52:59 PM permalink
ams288

🤔