1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 28th, 2020 at 11:37:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 75
El Paso hospitals filled
El Paso hospitals sending patients to San Antonio
It's a crisis here
No idea what's going on at nearby Fort Bliss. They do have a curfew so it's not good
El Paso also has a curfew
It's so bad, moving out of the area tomorrow
The virus is running amok around here
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2020 at 11:48:11 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 54
Quote: terapined
El Paso hospitals filled
It's a crisis here
No idea what's going on at nearby Fort Bliss. They do have a curfew so it's not good

You are obviously in a hot spot and leaving. Will you self quarantine?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2020 at 11:50:44 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 12
El Paso hospitals filled
It's a crisis here
At last some good news then: Hospital admissions have suddenly been slashed to almost zero in El Paso for a wide range of ailments, and the proportion of people dying in hospital in El Paso hospitals ( relative to those sent home to die ) is also about to fall dramatically.

Are you seriously considering moving out of the area to avoid this thing? How is that a better idea than bugging in until this pandemic goes away? Is work or some other aspect of your life making staying safe difficult or impractical?
October 28th, 2020 at 11:52:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
You are obviously in a hot spot and leaving. Will you self quarantine?

I will use common sense as I always have
Mask, social distance, no crowds. Wash hands often. Carry sanitizer.
I am still active
Couple days ago took a hike into the foothills of a mountain to explore a over 100 year old abandoned sanatorium. it was fascinating.
Dripping springs trail in the Organ mountains
Had a great time. Loved it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2020 at 2:05:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: OnceDear
At last some good news then: Hospital admissions have suddenly been slashed to almost zero in El Paso for a wide range of ailments, and the proportion of people dying in hospital in El Paso hospitals ( relative to those sent home to die ) is also about to fall dramatically.

Are you seriously considering moving out of the area to avoid this thing? How is that a better idea than bugging in until this pandemic goes away? Is work or some other aspect of your life making staying safe difficult or impractical?
Seems like a trail of body's everywhere he's been?

Makings of a super spreader?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 28th, 2020 at 2:21:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 192
Quote: OnceDear

He's not living in a house, but a RV.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 28th, 2020 at 2:32:39 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Seems like a trail of body's everywhere he's been?

Makings of a super spreader?

I doubt its me
I avoided the Tram to 10k feet in ABQ even though they had limited ticket sales. Unsafe with the virus
The closest I got to anybody in the last few days was a volunteer at the over 100 year old abandoned sanatorium.
We were separated by at least 10 yards
Somebody approaches on a trail, I step off the trail.
I'm really moving because I move every week
Heading to Silver City for more safe hiking to interesting sites
Very very safe activity while the virus is running rampant
October 28th, 2020 at 2:50:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
I doubt its me
I avoided the Tram to 10k feet in ABQ even though they had limited ticket sales. Unsafe with the virus
The closest I got to anybody in the last few days was a volunteer at the over 100 year old abandoned sanatorium.
We were separated by at least 10 yards
Somebody approaches on a trail, I step off the trail.
I'm really moving because I move every week
Heading to Silver City for more safe hiking to interesting sites
Very very safe activity while the virus is running rampant
Coast to coast the only place on the 40 that seemed sketchy to me was ABQ. They have the most marvelous balloon festival in the US asfaik. Over 700 balloons.

Yeah, all we can do is all we can do. Talking with my kids, they wondered why it took a pandemic in the west to get more people washing their hands, they learned it as infants.
October 30th, 2020 at 1:15:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Ben Swann does a bit on Random Controlled scientific testing of face masks to determine whether or not the N-95 is safer than a plain cloth mask, or no mask at all.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/2020-laboratory-testing-data-for-face-masks_4zGwAJA3DQRpKrM.html
October 30th, 2020 at 1:48:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 192
Quote: petroglyph
Ben Swann does a bit on Random Controlled scientific testing of face masks to determine whether or not the N-95 is safer than a plain cloth mask, or no mask at all.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/2020-laboratory-testing-data-for-face-masks_4zGwAJA3DQRpKrM.html

He didn't mention any review looking at the overall published studies.

Quote:
A systematic review of randomized controlled clinical trials on use of respiratory protection by healthcare workers, sick patients and community members was conducted. Articles were searched on Medline and Embase using key search terms.

Results
A total of 19 randomised controlled trials were included in this study – 8 in community settings, 6 in healthcare settings and 5 as source control. Most of these randomised controlled trials used different interventions and outcome measures. In the community, masks appeared to be effective with and without hand hygiene, and both together are more protective. Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. When used by sick patients randomised controlled trials suggested protection of well contacts.

Conclusion
The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?