No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 1st, 2020 at 2:04:13 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't get it either, but lots of people want to be sheep. They beg for mask mandates and other things that they think will work. Before the china virus the same kind begged for guns to be taken away because they are afraid of that. You look at their behavior and you will never wonder how brutal governments take over, all they have to do is promise "safety."

In a way it is like when the serfs gave up their freedom, and of their heirs, for some sort of protection. A sad part of human nature.
+1,000

I never thought I'd live to see the day when large numbers of Americans were practically begging the government to take their rights away. They cry:

"Please take away my freedom, Creepy Joe!!"
"Please confiscate my guns so I can't protect myself!!"
"Please lock down the country longer so that I lose my job and need you to take care of me!!"

I swear, these people are so pathetic man. The Founding Fathers must be rolling over in their graves at these dumbasses. 😒
November 1st, 2020 at 4:17:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
It's different, you can't get cancer from being near somebody with cancer.

The scope of transmission is what matters. COVID deaths can be prevented by limiting exposure. (yes Cancer and heart disease can be greatly diminished by change of diet and lifestyle and limiting smoking, but those are long term solutions).

If you are so afraid go hide at home.

Fact is it has to run its course. Herd immunity has to happen. As EB pointed out it is so low a percent of the population it is hard to measure. 96% of the people that have died is because they were already sick and it aggravated something else.

I cannot imagine if the USA of today had to deal with a real crisis like WWII or the Great Depression.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2020 at 6:05:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Stress is a big factor in both. The stress level of the population keeps increasing and is causing problems now. What is it going to be in another year or two. The MSM keeps pushing the danger of Covid and ramping up the stress. They also present the false hope of a magic bullet cure. This is criminal manipulation of the population.

I'm not stressed
I dont see anybody stressed in the RV par
What I do see is masks
I applaud MSM for reporting honestly on Covid
Its the WH and Trump pushing the magical vaccine just around the corner
I follow the news and my overall opinion, we wont get a vaccinr
Being scared of the virus is good
Taiwan was so scared of the virus, the people and govt got rid of it. It was the enemy of the country
My cousin Pat in Taiwan is deathly afraid of the virus in a country that is essentially virus free
Thats how you get rid of the virus
The govt and the people are united against a common enemy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 1st, 2020 at 6:06:48 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
If you are so afraid go hide at home.

Fact is it has to run its course. Herd immunity has to happen. As EB pointed out it is so low a percent of the population it is hard to measure. 96% of the people that have died is because they were already sick and it aggravated something else.

I cannot imagine if the USA of today had to deal with a real crisis like WWII or the Great Depression.

The USA is dealing with a real crisis, COVID-19, high levels of rioting, and economic instability.

And, the USA is handling it pretty well, lot of National Guard and Reserve activations, lots of screening centers, lots of local governments making sensible restrictions. We have been handling it pretty well.

I don't mind going out as long as people follow social distancing guidelines, and wear masks. I only get afraid when they do not.

For example, last week, I had a homeless man on alcohol (and probably other drugs) get up in my face without a mask, and I didn't have time to put my mine on because I didn't see him coming, so I was quite scared because he was spitting while yelling in my face, and he was just the type of person who probably had massive transmission levels.

The problem with going out comes with crazy people (including drunks, drug users, etc...) who are too whacked out to respect Covid rules like my incident above and the group who does know the rules but intentionally ignores them. If these two groups were removed from public, I would feel much safer. But, I am fine overall, 99% of people do the right thing.

Herd Immunity is not the answer, we need to wait for a vaccine.
November 1st, 2020 at 7:02:17 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Someone asked about this

18 trump rallies ->
Estimated 30,000 infections, 700 deaths
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/31/trump-study-coronavirus-rallies-433760
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 1st, 2020 at 7:36:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
Someone asked about this

18 trump rallies ->

I stopped reading at "politico."

Any kind of estimate like this is both bogus and full of assumptions.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2020 at 7:59:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I stopped reading at "politico."

Any kind of estimate like this is both bogus and full of assumptions.

We all stopped reading your COVID posts when you said the virus would be forgotten about by May.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 1st, 2020 at 8:13:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
We all stopped reading your COVID posts when you said the virus would be forgotten about by May.

Just for fun I went and read some of the
earliest posts in this thread. We all know that you think Trump failed to start early so I assume you knew early as well.

Quote rxwine

"But potentially, if you can knock these things out early, you won't have to deal with it at all, or only on a very small scale. Unfortunately this one really spread before that was possible. You can thank the Chinese."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 1st, 2020 at 8:17:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Someone asked about this

18 trump rallies ->

Totally not peer reviewed, and about 50%
of things that are peer reviewed turn
out to be false. So this stat is worthless
and just wishful thinking by Libbies.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2020 at 10:24:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Just for fun I went and read some of the
earliest posts in this thread. We all know that you think Trump failed to start early so I assume you knew early as well.

Quote rxwine

"But potentially, if you can knock these things out early, you won't have to deal with it at all, or only on a very small scale. Unfortunately this one really spread before that was possible. You can thank the Chinese."

The Chinese did fail on the initial and best opportunity to stop the virus. That statement doesn’t say anything about how Trump or any other leader subsequently handled it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?