No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 1st, 2020 at 10:46:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
The Chinese did fail on the initial and best opportunity to stop the virus. That statement doesn’t say anything about how Trump or any other leader subsequently handled it.

Come on Everybody
The Republic of China beat the virus
The roadmap is right there
No new cases in 203 days
Their economy is growing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 1st, 2020 at 11:36:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Come on Everybody
The Republic of China beat the virus
The roadmap is right there
No new cases in 203 days
Their economy is growing

The reason you don’t hear of some viruses like NIPA is because it has never been allowed to get a real foothold. That’s success.

Quote:
The case fatality rate is estimated at 40% to 75%. This rate can vary by outbreak depending on local capabilities for epidemiological surveillance and clinical management.
Nipah virus can be transmitted to humans from animals (such as bats or pigs), or contaminated foods and can also be transmitted directly from human-to-human.
Fruit bats of the Pteropodidae family are the natural host of Nipah virus.
There is no treatment or vaccine available for either people or animals. The primary treatment for humans is supportive care.
The 2018 annual review of the WHO R&D Blueprint list of priority diseases indicates that there is an urgent need for accelerated research and development for the Nipah viru.

s During the later outbreaks in Bangladesh and India, Nipah virus spread directly from human-to-human through close contact with people's secretions and excretions. In Siliguri, India in 2001, transmission of the virus was also reported within a health-care setting, where 75% of cases occurred among hospital staff or visitors. From 2001 to 2008, around half of reported cases in Bangladesh were due to human-to-human transmission through providing care to infected patients..
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2020 at 11:43:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
God forbid a serious virus ever started in a Trump conservative bastion in the US. They’d be screaming about their rights and the lying doctors or gov and it would spread to the entire world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2020 at 6:43:59 PM permalink
terapined
Trump is claiming that doctors get 2,000 dollars more if they determine the cause of death is covid.
I know this is an outright blatant lie by Trump
But
Wonder if Dr Soopoo would like to comment since this would be his area of expertise?
Is our medical system that corrupt or is Trump a liar?
I think the Trump campaign is going off the rails. He's attacking the nation's doctors. Talk about an implosion.
El Paso hospitals have tents in their parking lots. If you need to go to the hospital, you are either going to be sent to the parking lot or another city. It's that bad.
Doctors are the heroes.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 1st, 2020 at 7:03:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Trump is claiming that doctors get 2,000 dollars more if they determine the cause of death is covid.
But
Wonder if Dr Soopoo would like to comment since this would be his area of expertise?
I think the Trump campaign is going off the rails. He's attacking the nation's doctors. Talk about an implosion.
El Paso hospitals have tents in their parking lots. If you need to go to the hospital, you are either going to be sent to the parking lot or another city. It's that bad.
Doctors are the heroes.
Are the doors to the tents facing East?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 1st, 2020 at 7:57:29 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
But
Doctors are the heroes.

I would not be shocked if the hospitals are getting a stipend for dealing with Covid patients but I would be surprised if the doctors do.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 1st, 2020 at 8:06:44 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I would not be shocked if the hospitals are getting a stipend for dealing with Covid patients but I would be surprised if the doctors do.

Isn't billing based on what particular care is given to a patient be it cancer or covid. Drugs, operations, use of bed , use of equipment , nurse time, Dr time ect.
How can a Dr make an extra 2 grand just by determining cause of death is covid? It makes no sense. There is no bonus system to change a cause of death.
November 1st, 2020 at 9:01:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How can a Dr make an extra 2 grand just by determining cause of death is covid?
By going through their pockets when they're under.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 1st, 2020 at 11:36:55 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
Someone asked about this

18 trump rallies ->
Estimated 30,000 infections, 700 deaths
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/31/trump-study-coronavirus-rallies-433760

Politico?!? Dude accepts libbie propaganda as fact lol! If he were in North Korea, he'd probably accept their propaganda too! 🤣🤣
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:20:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
God forbid a serious virus ever started in a Trump conservative bastion in the US. They’d be screaming about their rights and the lying doctors or gov and it would spread to the entire world.

Yeah, all those darned people who want to keep their rights. The USSR had the right idea, no rights no problems!
The President is a fink.