1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 2nd, 2020 at 6:15:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Looks like Sarah Palin can see coronavirus from her house
Alaska getting hit hard
sad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/covid-had-spared-alaskas-most-remote-villages-not-anymore/2020/10/30/37f0c82c-1a04-11eb-82db-60b15c874105_story.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 10:18:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Trump is claiming that doctors get 2,000 dollars more if they determine the cause of death is covid.
I know this is an outright blatant lie by Trump
But
Wonder if Dr Soopoo would like to comment since this would be his area of expertise?
Is our medical system that corrupt or is Trump a liar?
I think the Trump campaign is going off the rails. He's attacking the nation's doctors. Talk about an implosion.
El Paso hospitals have tents in their parking lots. If you need to go to the hospital, you are either going to be sent to the parking lot or another city. It's that bad.
Doctors are the heroes.

Hospitals, not doctors, gain on a COVID diagnosis. The first bailout, errrr... stimulus bill, gave substantial boatloads of money to hospitals that took COVID patients. My local trauma center, also a county hospital, closed most of its elective (profitable) services but did not meet a threshold to get extra federal money and thus had a multi million dollar deficit. Had they falsified a few more COVID deaths it would have been worth millions, if not tens of millions to the hospital. So to answer terapined's question, I would think there is SOME fraud increasing the number of COVID deaths, but not much. The incentive for the INDIVIDUAL doctor to falsify a death certificate is small, while the penalty would be LARGE. But in fact, neither I nor Trump nor terapined can really know. We would all be guessing.

"Cause of death" is a always a blur.... I'll give a simple example..... You are in a major car accident.... require 20 units of blood..... as a result of the massive blood transfusion your lungs fail (called ARDS).... you die because you can't get enough oxygen..... might be two weeks after the car accident....

Is cause of death 1. Trauma
2. Blood transfusion complication
3. Respiratory failure?

More info if anyone cares.....

Medicare pays hospitals based on diagnoses.... If you are in the hospital for X but you also have diabetes you get paid 10% more than if you don't have diabetes. Hospitals have nurses whose ONLY job is to "mine" through a medical record to search for possible additional diagnoses that have not been documented clearly. They may contact a doctor and say.... "Dr. Z, does Mr. T have sleep apnea? I noticed charting of morbid obesity and excessive snoring, but no formal diagnosis of sleep apnea?"
So much more stuff like this.... Not fraud, per se.....
November 2nd, 2020 at 10:29:51 AM permalink
terapined
This virus sucks
A lot closed in this area
I was interested in seeing one of the largest mining operations on the planet. A beautiful overlook of the chino mines. It's an outdoor park. I can easily social distance. Closed and gate locked due to the virus.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 10:46:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
This virus sucks
A lot closed in this area
I was interested in seeing one of the largest mining operations on the planet. A beautiful overlook of the chino mines. It's an outdoor park. I can easily social distance. Closed and gate locked due to the virus.
That is some of the best times to backpack through the parks.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 2nd, 2020 at 10:48:24 AM permalink
petroglyph

<<The region has some of the most dense housing in the country. It’s not uncommon for 10 people to live in a two-bedroom house with one bathroom, Hodges said. Forty percent of homes do not have water or sewer systems.

“Imagine if you had to pack every ounce of water to your house,” Hodges said. “You might not spend a lot of extra time washing your hands if you don’t have access to clean, fresh, running water.”>>

Sounds like they took a big hit out on St. Lawrence Island. It was bound to happen with one fishing opener or another. Boats come through along with fishers from around the world.

The villages kept people out early on, but sooner or later, dividends get paid or someone makes a run into the big village and voila. Come back home with a horrible hangover, and an unknown virus. You'd almost think those people would be used to the plague by now?

I worked in some of the villages, one, Port Graham [Cook Inlet] in the 90's. In that little village, they had a higher than 90% Aids rate [or HIV?]. It was proof to anyone concerned of the amount of incest.
The villages are all dying out sadly. Many that have kept active have in the last 3 years lost the amount of kids it takes to keep the schools open in the villages, which has really been the town centers. Everything in the villages surrounds whats going on at a government building, with it's associated utility's. Most young people are not interested in living remote where there is sparse internet, and the love of native life is fading into history. The best and brightest get up and leave.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020/11/01/tracking-covid-19-in-alaska-349-new-cases-1-death-reported-sunday/ This is the ADN, the Anchorage Daily News, the paper of record for the state, and by far the largest circulation. They say there has been one death lately, [90 yr. old] but cases are on the uptick.
November 2nd, 2020 at 10:52:16 AM permalink
petroglyph
The Navajo Nation here in Az. is the same way with 30-40% of the homes not having running water. It's devastating.

https://www.southwestindian.com/foundation/news/corona-virus-emergency-response
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:13:31 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
That is some of the best times to backpack through the parks.

Thats what I did yesterday
Dragon fly trail
Found 2 definite petroglyphs
Found some others but I was unsure
I like a variety of activities
November 2nd, 2020 at 12:38:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Thats what I did yesterday
Dragon fly trail
Found 2 definite petroglyphs
Found some others but I was unsure
I like a variety of activities
Use your long glasses and search for the patina. Fun finding glyphs off trail. It was like the only notepads they had. If you see a wall somewhere with that color, in an area of glyphs, chances are...
November 2nd, 2020 at 12:48:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

"Cause of death" is a always a blur.... I'll give a simple example..... You are in a major car accident.... require 20 units of blood..... as a result of the massive blood transfusion your lungs fail (called ARDS).... you die because you can't get enough oxygen..... might be two weeks after the car accident....

Is cause of death 1. Trauma
2. Blood transfusion complication
3. Respiratory failure?

I think an injury lawyer or insurance company for the decedent wouldn't be able to get paid if you specified a secondary cause only. Like if someone is almost beaten to death and is in a coma for the next year, regardless of what finally kills him, it's usually ruled as a homicide even if he died of a massive infection or heart failure a year later.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:05:23 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Use your long glasses and search for the patina. Fun finding glyphs off trail. It was like the only notepads they had. If you see a wall somewhere with that color, in an area of glyphs, chances are...

I absolutely bring my binoculars with me. I have a really nice one
I see rocks in the distance, I'm doing a scan to if its worth going off trail or I go off trail to get a better scan then decide if I want to get closer
I may go back to the Dragonfly trail tomorrow now that I am real familiar with it because I could not find the actual dragonfly petroglyph. What I did find was a small dotted circle with a dot in the center and one line down. The other one I found was a small spiral.