No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 23rd, 2021 at 5:14:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Not at all. I think whenever possible gender neutral (co-ed) sports should be the answer, it will solve many Title IX issues at once.

As for more contact heavy sports, there are many cases and pieces of legislation going back and forth so we do not know the answer yet, and likely will not for some time.

In my day legislation would not be needed. A boy saying he was really a girl would be laughed off the field. If he dared try competing with the girls the boyfriends of the girls would see to it he did not compete a second time.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2021 at 5:21:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
In my day legislation would not be needed. A boy saying he was really a girl would be laughed off the field. If he dared try competing with the girls the boyfriends of the girls would see to it he did not compete a second time.

Yup, and it's the original and worst version of cancel culture that ever was.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2021 at 5:33:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Thankfully “your day” is long over...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2021 at 5:34:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Yes, and in your day they would probably say something similar if a black player tried to compete in a white league, so I am not super obsessed with sporting culture norms from the 1950s.
January 24th, 2021 at 4:00:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Yes, and in your day they would probably say something similar if a black player tried to compete in a white league, so I am not super obsessed with sporting culture norms from the 1950s.

Not really.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2021 at 4:00:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yup, and it's the original and worst version of cancel culture that ever was.

Not at all. It was a good thing. No war on women in my day like we have now.

How is telling males they cannot compete in female only sports "cancel culture" anyhow? It is just normal.
The President is a fink.
January 24th, 2021 at 5:45:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I'm just glad we solved COVID, the federal deficit, the national debt, world hunger and all environmental problems to even be having this conversation.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 24th, 2021 at 6:11:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Female Bodybuilders

January 24th, 2021 at 9:32:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I get feeds from a bunch of medical journals/magazines.... Interesting article stating illegal immigrant in detention has 13 times the likelihood of having COVID-19 than someone in the general population.
The author states that they should therefore be high priority to get a vaccine, yes. ahead of citizens who are lower risk.
He also states that deporting a planeload of them to as an example Haiti, should not be done, as possibly spreading the virus to a country with limited resources is wrong.

As you all know for the high risk groups we have defined, there are not enough for those legally here. Should we consider or not consider that in allocating this limited resource?

Should we require a negative COVID-19 test before we deport an individual? Or should COVID-19 status not have any bearing on deportation? More complicated question, because to be sure of non-transmissability, you need a string of multiple tests....
January 24th, 2021 at 9:35:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
I get feeds from a bunch of medical journals/magazines.... Interesting article stating illegal immigrant in detention has 13 times the likelihood of having COVID-19 than someone in the general population.
The author states that they should therefore be high priority to get a vaccine, yes. ahead of citizens who are lower risk.
He also states that deporting a planeload of them to as an example Haiti, should not be done, as possibly spreading the virus to a country with limited resources is wrong.

As you all know for the high risk groups we have defined, there are not enough for those legally here. Should we consider or not consider that in allocating this limited resource?

Should we require a negative COVID-19 test before we deport an individual? Or should COVID-19 status not have any bearing on deportation? More complicated question, because to be sure of non-transmissability, you need a string of multiple tests....

I will predict that the lamestream media and lefties will do as they have done when we had things like a measles outbreak and claim it is not possible the illegal aliens carried it and that is it racist to say they did.

But hey hey, this is what you voted for! At least you do not have to listen to Trump saying mean things....
The President is a fink.