No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 20th, 2021 at 2:47:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Funny. And you're the smart one? Making fun of an opposing political administration not meeting its own standards was not just invented in 2021.

Sorry. That doesn’t work with me. The ‘it’s ok Biden is senile because Trump was worse’ is an argument I don’t abide.
February 20th, 2021 at 3:00:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Sorry. That doesn’t work with me. The ‘it’s ok Biden is senile because Trump was worse’ is an argument I don’t abide.

Yup. Whatever. You get your money's worth on this board.

$0=$0
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 21st, 2021 at 4:49:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman

Some of us have been lied to enough by government that we are natural skeptics. We see the masks and the directional aisles at the grocery store as being something to make people think something is being done.

(Quote clipped, relevance)

Would it be better just to say that there's a pandemic and we're going to do nothing about it? I agree that the directional aisles are silly, but if the various mitigation efforts prevent mass panic to the extent that more people will live in a way that more closely represents, "Normal life," at least that's better for the economy.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 21st, 2021 at 5:25:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
(Quote clipped, relevance)

Would it be better just to say that there's a pandemic and we're going to do nothing about it? I agree that the directional aisles are silly, but if the various mitigation efforts prevent mass panic to the extent that more people will live in a way that more closely represents, "Normal life," at least that's better for the economy.

I see your point. I and I feel you are part of that minority, not sure what part of the population but maybe 20%, who could hear that the government can do nothing and still run our lives. I just wonder if the synthetic panic of making people afraid of me not wearing a mask is better than the panic of saying, "there is a pandemic, people are going to die."

Still, I do not get why people keep believing what they are told. If the government or "Dr. Fauci" says it they take it to be 100% true. Same government that told you to build a fallout shelter. Same government that told the Indians they would care for them on the reservations. Same government that keeps soldiers dying in Afghanistan to maintain overflight rights in Asian countries. Same government that had troops swimming in radioactive water for R&R. How many more things?
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2021 at 5:50:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I see your point. I and I feel you are part of that minority, not sure what part of the population but maybe 20%, who could hear that the government can do nothing and still run our lives. I just wonder if the synthetic panic of making people afraid of me not wearing a mask is better than the panic of saying, "there is a pandemic, people are going to die."

Still, I do not get why people keep believing what they are told. If the government or "Dr. Fauci" says it they take it to be 100% true. Same government that told you to build a fallout shelter. Same government that told the Indians they would care for them on the reservations. Same government that keeps soldiers dying in Afghanistan to maintain overflight rights in Asian countries. Same government that had troops swimming in radioactive water for R&R. How many more things?

I get what you're saying, but at a certain point, you separate the Government aspect of it away from the effects. For me, my primary concerns are what impact the economy and day-to-day life. If masks are going to make people feel better, cool, let's do that. Again, I disagree with Governmental, "Mask mandates," but I have no problem with the various levels of Government suggesting masks and putting out that businesses would do well to require masks. It's more than 0% effective, you know that, but I wouldn't really care that much if it was exactly 0% effective if it's going to make people do what they'd normally be doing.

At that point, it's for the business to decide whether they want to do that or not.

The people who make a big fuss about wearing masks in businesses (in which it is asked of them) are just as bad as the people who are hyper-paranoid about others NOT wearing masks. Actually, they're worse, because they don't understand what freedom of association means. You see some of these people recording employees who are demanding that they wear a mask and making a big scene, as if the employee in question has any say over the location's policy anyway. Some dude or gal at the counter just trying to ring people out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 21st, 2021 at 5:56:26 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I get what you're saying, but at a certain point, you separate the Government aspect of it away from the effects. For me, my primary concerns are what impact the economy and day-to-day life. If masks are going to make people feel better, cool, let's do that. Again, I disagree with Governmental, "Mask mandates," but I have no problem with the various levels of Government suggesting masks and putting out that businesses would do well to require masks. It's more than 0% effective, you know that, but I wouldn't really care that much if it was exactly 0% effective if it's going to make people do what they'd normally be doing.

At that point, it's for the business to decide whether they want to do that or not.

The people who make a big fuss about wearing masks in businesses (in which it is asked of them) are just as bad as the people who are hyper-paranoid about others NOT wearing masks. Actually, they're worse, because they don't understand what freedom of association means. You see some of these people recording employees who are demanding that they wear a mask and making a big scene, as if the employee in question has any say over the location's policy anyway. Some dude or gal at the counter just trying to ring people out.

This is exactly true, there is no government mask mandate, at least not where I live.

There are mandates by just about every businesses (certainly major chains) that you must wear a mask while inside on their property. That is their right. And, if you refuse they have the right to kick you out. This is where all of the viral videos of "my rights" when anti-maskers are being told to leave (generally after multiple warnings) come from, you don't have freedom of expression on private property, you can cause a scene on Youtube all you want, they are still going to trespass you....
February 21st, 2021 at 6:04:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
This is exactly true, there is no government mask mandate, at least not where I live.

There are mandates by just about every businesses (certainly major chains) that you must wear a mask while inside on their property. That is their right. And, if you refuse they have the right to kick you out. This is where all of the viral videos of "my rights" when anti-maskers are being told to leave (generally after multiple warnings) come from, you don't have freedom of expression on private property, you can cause a scene on Youtube all you want, they are still going to trespass you....

We have one. I think that the Government mandates make some of those more, "Freedom," oriented people more resentful of them than they might be if it was just a Government suggestion that businesses (mostly) chose to adopt. There's some segment of the population that, quite simply, are going to almost always rebel anytime they are ordered to do anything.

I agree completely with your longer paragraph. In fact, they are treading upon the property rights of the business by not either:

A.) Complying.

OR:

B.) Immediately leaving.
February 21st, 2021 at 6:07:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman

My point remains that it is not about masks but it is about control. It is the government grooming the population to accept more and more restrictions. The same way a pimp turns out a young girl. She has no intention of walking the street. She gets off a bus in the Greyhound station, running away from something, scared and confused. He see her and offers comfort. Takes her in. But asks her ro do small things that get bigger and bigger. Until he turns her out and she is working for him.

So people accept masks. Then they accept that you "must" get the vaccine. They support some kind of registry of vaccinated. They call for locking nonconformists out of a normal life. For the vaccine. Then what is next? We saw someone in Buffalo call the cops on people not bothering anyone just because they were not wearing masks. That is right out of fascist and communist nations we have seen up to the 1990s, probably still in N.K.

Maskers are looking at the trees, I see the forest.
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2021 at 8:51:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
My point remains that it is not about masks but it is about control. It is the government grooming the population to accept more and more restrictions. The same way a pimp turns out a young girl. She has no intention of walking the street. She gets off a bus in the Greyhound station, running away from something, scared and confused. He see her and offers comfort. Takes her in. But asks her ro do small things that get bigger and bigger. Until he turns her out and she is working for him.

So people accept masks. Then they accept that you "must" get the vaccine. They support some kind of registry of vaccinated. They call for locking nonconformists out of a normal life. For the vaccine. Then what is next? We saw someone in Buffalo call the cops on people not bothering anyone just because they were not wearing masks. That is right out of fascist and communist nations we have seen up to the 1990s, probably still in N.K.

Maskers are looking at the trees, I see the forest.

If you think that every possible Governmental measure is about control, then it stands to reason that you would believe that. As Gandler points out, masks aren't necessarily mandated everywhere, but you have states, businesses and people choosing to go ahead and wear them anyway.

That's not to say there isn't anything that's mainly about Government control, but taking whatever safety measures you can easily enough do isn't one of those things.

As far as the rest goes, I'm not aware of any vaccine mandate being bandied about. To the last part, the person is an idiot (if it's exactly as described), but there are busybodies everywhere. You should read my story from a couple days ago, if you haven't.
February 21st, 2021 at 9:06:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
If you think that every possible Governmental measure is about control, then it stands to reason that you would believe that. As Gandler points out, masks aren't necessarily mandated everywhere, but you have states, businesses and people choosing to go ahead and wear them anyway.

I will put it this way. Government is like any other group. Some people join the group to focus on the mission. Others join to gain power. The second group will always over time dominate the first group. It could be any kind of group. From a local Masons to the USA Congress. You think Nancy Pelosi is in congress for the mission, or power?

It is for this reason that I say it is all about power. The people enforcing it are about getting power. If they were not they would not be saying silliness like, "wear your mask between bites" at a restaurant.

Quote:
That's not to say there isn't anything that's mainly about Government control, but taking whatever safety measures you can easily enough do isn't one of those things.

As far as the rest goes, I'm not aware of any vaccine mandate being bandied about. To the last part, the person is an idiot (if it's exactly as described), but there are busybodies everywhere. You should read my story from a couple days ago, if you haven't.

Just look at here and WoV if you want to see people calling for vaccine mandates. Then ask yourself if the people in government for the power do not have the same attitude.

It did happen as described. It made YT viral. And the people they called the cops on wisely threw the cops out and said to come back with a warrant, we are not bothering anyone. That there are people calling the cops on people in their own building just for not wearing masks scares me way more than any china virus does.
The President is a fink.