No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 29th, 2021 at 3:02:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
The only one he will kill is another antivaccer. I thought you would be happy to get rid of them.

It would be better if that were true.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-antibodies-transplant-recipients/

Aside from those kind of things, just recirculating an easily preventable disease year after year is ludicrous.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2021 at 3:07:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I’m in Vegas right now.

It’s like COVID never happened.

Cool
Should be back in the fall after routing thru CO, WY, SD, ND,MT, ID,WA,OR,CA to LAS
Maybe Ill get a lap dance :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 29th, 2021 at 10:07:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
The only one he will kill is another antivaccer. I thought you would be happy to get rid of them.

Sadly, that is not the case.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 30th, 2021 at 1:47:19 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Anti-Vaxxer dies of Covid complications at 33.

Get the Pfizer vaccine. If Covid-19 doesn’t kill you, it can destroy your quality of life and shorten it. Ten percent of those infected, are left with long term effects. Loss of sense smell and taste, blood clots, permanent brain, heart and lung damage.
May 30th, 2021 at 3:36:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Aside from those kind of things, just recirculating an easily preventable disease year after year is ludicrous.

But if the vax works you are safe.

If it does not work then why on earth should I get it?
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2021 at 5:01:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

People do it with herpes all the time.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2021 at 5:13:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
People do it with herpes all the time.

Yes. But unless you’re claiming that’s a great thing to do, I don’t know why it’s an interesting point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2021 at 5:34:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Anti-Vaxxer dies of Covid complications at 33.

Get the Pfizer vaccine. If Covid-19 doesn’t kill you, it can destroy your quality of life and shorten it. Ten percent of those infected, are left with long term effects. Loss of sense smell and taste, blood clots, permanent brain, heart and lung damage.

Hear, hear! Excellent post by Tanko.

Death was never my biggest fear from catching COVID. It’s the long term side effects. I know a girl who lost her sense of taste early on when she got it. She’s recovered from COVID but her sense of taste is all messed up. Random foods taste awful. She said drinking water tastes like drinking motor oil. Brushing her teeth is torturous.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 30th, 2021 at 5:35:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Yes. But unless you’re claiming that’s a great thing to do, I don’t know why it’s an interesting point.

It is great. If we would all get herpes, then the poor folks that already have herpes wouldn't feel so bad about themselves. JK

My general point is just that we circulate easily preventable diseases constantly and I used herpes as a funny example. You're not going to get optimal disease prevention (100% of people behaving optimally) with Covid-19, or anything else.

My advice to anyone is simply to take the best precautions about diseases that they believe to be worth what they have to do to prevent contracting them.

Assuming someone is doing that, if they are too scared of the diseases due to the actions of others, then they can get a work-from-home job and never leave the house again. There are enough delivery services such that you can get pretty much everything you need.

You're talking about sub-2% case fatality, so it becomes even less than that when you consider the fact that countless people had it, but were never diagnosed. Hell, let's call it 2% and assume that every single person in the country gets it...roughly 6.56M people die, most of them beyond their productive years anyway. Good for reducing Medicare/Medicaid spending as well as maybe keeping Social Security viable a little longer---definitely cheaper than a long-drawn out cancer battle.

Check it out:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku/data

Covid Deaths in Range: 579,029

Ages 65-74: 128,643
Ages 75-84: 159,427
Ages 85+ 174,000

Okay, so 579029-128643-159427-174000 = 116,959

Therefore, you're talking about 462,070 retirement age+ deaths and only 116,959 below the age of 65 for the time reported. Of the 116,959, 90,363 were between the ages of 50-64.

So, you destroy all economic productivity over a disease that mostly takes out thsoe who are no longer economically productive. You disrupt education.

All for what? To keep an extra less than 1% of the population from dying? We're going to have 99% trade a year of their lives and virtually 99.9% of those under 65 trade a year of their productive lives so that a small percentage of those who are no longer productive can live a little longer, and ultimately, cost the system more money?

It just doesn't make mathematical sense. Also, Covid-19 death is much cheaper than treating cancer. Cheaper than a couple months of nursing home care. Pretty much one of the cheapest ways to die.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2021 at 7:57:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
It is great. If we would all get herpes, then the poor folks that already have herpes wouldn't feel so bad about themselves. JK

My general point is just that we circulate easily preventable diseases constantly and I used herpes as a funny example. You're not going to get optimal disease prevention (100% of people behaving optimally) with Covid-19, or anything else.

My advice to anyone is simply to take the best precautions about diseases that they believe to be worth what they have to do to prevent contracting them.

Assuming someone is doing that, if they are too scared of the diseases due to the actions of others, then they can get a work-from-home job and never leave the house again. There are enough delivery services such that you can get pretty much everything you need.

You're talking about sub-2% case fatality, so it becomes even less than that when you consider the fact that countless people had it, but were never diagnosed. Hell, let's call it 2% and assume that every single person in the country gets it...roughly 6.56M people die, most of them beyond their productive years anyway. Good for reducing Medicare/Medicaid spending as well as maybe keeping Social Security viable a little longer---definitely cheaper than a long-drawn out cancer battle.

Check it out:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku/data

Covid Deaths in Range: 579,029

Ages 65-74: 128,643
Ages 75-84: 159,427
Ages 85+ 174,000

Okay, so 579029-128643-159427-174000 = 116,959

Therefore, you're talking about 462,070 retirement age+ deaths and only 116,959 below the age of 65 for the time reported. Of the 116,959, 90,363 were between the ages of 50-64.

So, you destroy all economic productivity over a disease that mostly takes out thsoe who are no longer economically productive. You disrupt education.

All for what? To keep an extra less than 1% of the population from dying? We're going to have 99% trade a year of their lives and virtually 99.9% of those under 65 trade a year of their productive lives so that a small percentage of those who are no longer productive can live a little longer, and ultimately, cost the system more money?

It just doesn't make mathematical sense. Also, Covid-19 death is much cheaper than treating cancer. Cheaper than a couple months of nursing home care. Pretty much one of the cheapest ways to die.

If you're going to argue, old should just die, you're going to have to institute a political change first. Because it's not a current official policy.

Also, why reargue the points about shutting down pre-vaccine. My whole point is if you take the vaccine, there would be no shutting down.

btw. you didn't factor economic loss from repeated illness and loss work production of more covid than less covid even if it's not completely eliminated and even when people don't die.