No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 8th, 2021 at 5:03:26 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Why does the most vaccinated state in the US, Vermont (71.5% vaxxed), now have more infections per capita than Florida (59.9% vaxxed)?

Let's go Brandon
November 8th, 2021 at 5:38:42 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Hmmmmmmm, this may explain why Newsom hasn't been seen since Oct 27th:

A source close to California Gov. Gavin Newsom today said the governor experienced an adverse reaction to the Moderna COVID vaccine he received Oct. 27.

The source, who asked not to be identified, said Newsom’s symptoms were similar to those associated with Bell’s Palsy or Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), a known side effect of many vaccines.
Let's go Brandon
November 8th, 2021 at 5:50:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Why does the most vaccinated state in the US, Vermont (71.5% vaxxed), now have more infections per capita than Florida (59.9% vaxxed)?

Like shooting fish in a barrel:

Had this tweet saved because I KNEW one of our DeSantis brown-nosers would bring up Vermont! 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 9th, 2021 at 3:13:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Likely enough. JFDI. Don't be selfish.

There is value to YOU in knowing whether you have covid or not. There is certainly value to those within your proximity.

Feeling closer to normal. Skipping the daily 2 mile walk still, though that will soon be the daily treadmill anyhow. Hopefully pick that back up later this week. As I said, it was a cold, not the china virus.

At the office it had a weird feel. Same feel the industry had in 2007 when things started to implode. We probably have about 1/3 of capacity working in the office. I figure more are to come back but who knows for sure. They have us a little spaced apart, a desk between. Fine by me of course. Some pods are still totally empty.

The cafeteria had closed the same day we bugged out. It closed due to state mandates that made business impossible, not the bug out itself. The tables are gone and part of the room is closed off. They have some pre-made stuff, like you might see in 7/11. But you check yourself out. Feels like you slid there after the Kromags took the dimension. (Who knows that reference?)

I give it 50/50 we are laid off by EOY. Slightly more that it happens after year end. Rising rates will turn the business from chicken to feathers.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2021 at 6:53:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

I give it 50/50 we are laid off by EOY. Slightly more that it happens after year end. Rising rates will turn the business from chicken to feathers.

AZ, what type of business are you in.? Obviously I don't need specifics, just curious about the type of business that is laying off people in a booming jobs market.

I heard on CNBC yesterday that there are now more jobs available than people that are unemployed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 9th, 2021 at 9:05:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have a new toy, a pulse oximeter. It takes my pulse and measures the amount of oxygen in my blood. My wife got one when she had covid this summer. If your oxygen level Fflls below 90% you're in trouble. The sister-in-law who died had an oxygen percentage of 84% and they put her on a ventilator.

We went to see my brother last week in physical therapy rehab and they took my readings at the door and it was 91% and my wife freaked out. Turns out it was a long walk from the parking lot into the building and that will lower you're reading to as low as 88% to 92%. She insisted I get one of these meters so I got one from Walmart for ten bucks. It's pretty cool, my resting reading is 98 or 99%. It's fun to play around with and see what changes the oxygen level. I can take long deep breaths and get it up to 100%.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2021 at 10:17:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
AZ, what type of business are you in.? Obviously I don't need specifics, just curious about the type of business that is laying off people in a booming jobs market.

I heard on CNBC yesterday that there are now more jobs available than people that are unemployed.

Title company. Live and die by mortgage volume. More later
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2021 at 10:22:42 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I have a new toy, a pulse oximeter. It takes my pulse and measures the amount of oxygen in my blood. My wife got one when she had covid this summer. If your oxygen level Fflls below 90% you're in trouble. The sister-in-law who died had an oxygen percentage of 84% and they put her on a ventilator.

We went to see my brother last week in physical therapy rehab and they took my readings at the door and it was 91% and my wife freaked out. Turns out it was a long walk from the parking lot into the building and that will lower you're reading to as low as 88% to 92%. She insisted I get one of these meters so I got one from Walmart for ten bucks. It's pretty cool, my resting reading is 98 or 99%. It's fun to play around with and see what changes the oxygen level. I can take long deep breaths and get it up to 100%.
That's great. I woke one morning with 74. Bad. When I go to a medical place and always compare my read to theirs and see how it is. That's the first 100 I've ever heard of. But it's a neat little meter for sure. Lots of smart watches read SPo2.

I need one with an alarm to wake me when I drop below 88. But don't want to spend hundreds or dollars, and they wreck your sleep if you can't adjust the volume. Do you also have one of the cheap bp monitors? They work pretty well for less than 20 bucks.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 9th, 2021 at 10:31:44 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Title company. Live and die by mortgage volume. More later

I do remember that, thank you. I just worked with a couple mortgage lenders for my new house.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 9th, 2021 at 3:31:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I do remember that, thank you. I just worked with a couple mortgage lenders for my new house.

Yeah, here is the thing. Last summer I started seeing people refinance after one month! This was my version of hearing the shoeshine boy give me a hot stock pick. I knew it had to end soon. We are mixed now, some teams still slammed teams for other lenders dead. I have about 40% of files that I should have. I have seen this movie before. Eventually there will be a short notice meeting. At that point I know before the cards are turned over.
The President is a fink.