1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 8th, 2021 at 8:19:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Quote: ams288
This will never stop being fascinating. The spread keeps increasing.

You seem to be amazed that Trump supporters are in favour of freedom and Biden supporters like being sheep and really want a government to tell them what they think.

I'm amazed that Trumpers are treating a health issue as a political issue.
I have a health issue
I'm checking with my Dr
Trumpers check in with politicians and political commentators for medical advice. ROTFL

If taking Dr recommendations for health, smart
If taking Joe Rogan recommendations as the dumb jock is doing, Stupid.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2021 at 8:29:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You seem to be amazed that Trump supporters are in favour of freedom and Biden supporters like being sheep and really want a government to tell them what they think.

No, I’m amazed that so many of Donny’s supporters are so stupid that they’re willing to kill themselves rather than admit the vaccines are safe and effective.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2021 at 8:33:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
This will never stop being fascinating. The spread keeps increasing.

Not surprised Trump voters favor dying for stupid reasons.

If data actually supported any significant risks, it wouldn't be stupid.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2021 at 10:13:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

That doesn't amaze me. Nor does the fact that Trump supporters tend to be both Christians and idiots whereas most Biden supporters are only idiots. However, I think Trump supporters are fully within their rights to make stupid decisions...I guess the only irony is the fact that getting vaccinated is the only issue where Trumpies don't automatically agree with Trump.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 8th, 2021 at 10:18:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
That said, my local Sheetz now has signs that say masks are required, regardless of vaccination status. That will be my last trip there until that is no longer the case, but I went ahead and wore a mask on this visit because property rights and all.

Of 18 customers observed in the Sheetz, only four were wearing masks, myself included. I guess most people don't really support property rights anymore, but that's no real surprise. There's obviously no way the employees could enforce it...hell, they didn't even enforce it prior to the vaccines being available. It's going to be a lot tougher to enforce when it's some 75% NOT wearing a mask as opposed to 10%.

Still, I feel goofy being in there with a mask on and don't want to wear one anyway. I'm vaccinated. There are plenty of gas stations that don't have a sign saying everyone is supposed to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, so that's where I will go.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 8th, 2021 at 11:18:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
That doesn't amaze me. Nor does the fact that Trump supporters tend to be both Christians and idiots whereas most Biden supporters are only idiots. However, I think Trump supporters are fully within their rights to make stupid decisions...I guess the only irony is the fact that getting vaccinated is the only issue where Trumpies don't automatically agree with Trump.

Think how many freedoms would be lost if 700k had been lost as a continuous act of war over the last 2 years. As far as I'm concerned the biggest disconnect is on the Trump side.

Based on previous wars, you could be imprisoned, you could be conscripted into the military, travel is limited, news is censored if it reveals too much to an enemy, mail is restricted, industry is diverted to the war effort by directive, Internet would be limited. You could be stopped by roadblocks routinely to see who you are. You could be asked to restrict your electricity, water, food, ration certain foods, even turn your lights out, and curfew at night.

700,000 dead, and what has been asked? Masks, social distancing and vaccines. Which side is really f***ed up here?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2021 at 11:22:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Think how many freedoms would be lost if 700k had been lost as a continuous act of war over the last 2 years. As far as I'm concerned the biggest disconnect is on the Trump side.

Based on previous wars, you could be imprisoned, you could be conscripted into the military, travel is limited, news is censored if it reveals too much to an enemy, mail is restricted, industry is diverted to the war effort by directive, Internet would be limited. You could be stopped by roadblocks routinely to see who you are. You could be asked to restrict your electricity, water, food, ration certain foods, even turn your lights out, and curfew at night.

700,000 dead, and what has been asked? Masks, social distancing and vaccines. Which side is really f***ed up here?

I really don't see the problem. If they do not wish to be vaccinated, then they shouldn't have to be. If they die, then they die. There might be a small number of vaccinated people who go down by way of collateral damage, but what can you do? Probably helps your 2024 outlook, overall...lot of demo-sharing between anti-vaxxers and right leaners.
November 8th, 2021 at 11:46:53 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
... If they die, then they die. There might be a small number of vaccinated people who go down by way of collateral damage...
Maybe more than a few. An awful lot of people are immunocompromised and get little benefit from the vaccine, which is waning anyway.
But there's more potential collateral damage if those guys collectively host and incubate a new, more resistant mutation. Then we could find ourselves starting from scratch.
Of course, we could still get a new mutant from the vaccinated population.
November 8th, 2021 at 12:03:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: OnceDear
Maybe more than a few. An awful lot of people are immunocompromised and get little benefit from the vaccine, which is waning anyway.
But there's more potential collateral damage if those guys collectively host and incubate a new, more resistant mutation. Then we could find ourselves starting from scratch.
Of course, we could still get a new mutant from the vaccinated population.

Yeah, I don't really care. It didn't have to be political. What's going to happen is what's going to happen. Immunocompromised people should just leave the house as little as possible, in general, if they wish to avoid transmissible diseases.

Or, like anyone else, they take their chances. Everyone dies in the end and you can't protect everybody.
November 8th, 2021 at 1:52:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Yeah, I don't really care. It didn't have to be political. What's going to happen is what's going to happen. Immunocompromised people should just leave the house as little as possible, in general, if they wish to avoid transmissible diseases.

Or, like anyone else, they take their chances. Everyone dies in the end and you can't protect everybody.
I agree with this post.

Today my O2 guy came by and said the snowbirds have landed in Quartzite. We usually get 30k or so. I asked him, are a bunch of the on oxygen? He say's yep, sure are. I say's kinda ballsy, travelling from northern climes on o2. He said they make reservations before they leave up north and the oxygen people will deliver to them down here. He said some of them have 20-30 bottles, not taking any chances. Wow. I remember around 4 months or so ago, they were running short on supplies because the snowbirds weren't leaving. That's quite a business. Go around servicing the snowbirds most dire needs. You should see medical row. One after another. Problem is, during season [now] it's almost impossible to get an appointment. Such is the life.

I'm a wondering, any of those folks needing oxygen are by definition compromised. I wonder how many are bringing Variants with them, or some strange bugs? Time will tell. At least they inspect the boats from Quaga mussels, the snowbirds ride free.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW