No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 6th, 2021 at 4:46:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not work Roulette except in an emergency. Hate working it.
I was thinking craps, Flea and me, were dice guys.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 6th, 2021 at 5:15:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The judges blocking the Poopypants mandate says;

There is "cause to believe there are grave statutory and constitutional issues with the Mandate, the Mandate is hereby stayed pending further action by this court,”

Really, no kidding. You mean we can't be ordered to put things into our bodies if we don't want it? The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals is looking for a way to permanently block the mandate. Because so many of our constitutional rights are violated by this vile mandate if they are stupid enough to send it to the Supreme Court there's no way they will ever look at it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2021 at 6:35:34 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Catch your breath, fellas, this is only round one.

The court entered an immediate TRO to give each side time to brief and argue the issue next week.

While not insignificant, the judge's ruling is certainly not final, nor indicative as to how he'll rule.
November 6th, 2021 at 6:50:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Let's film ourselves harassing a cookie shop clerk for mask enforcement turns into let's film ourselves breaking the law
After filming, they run to the police to show the evidence of their supposed getting harassed and get arrested immediately
You can't make this stuff up
https://abc7.com/cookie-shop-owner-attacked-mask-rules-caught-on-video-eugene-oregon-arrest/11204788/
The good news
Their cookie business is through the roof, lots of support
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 6th, 2021 at 7:04:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

While not insignificant, the judge's ruling is certainly not final, nor indicative as to how he'll rule.

Not what I read.

"U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Court issued a temporary stay blocking the mandate while considering a permanent injunction."

Does not say they are considering making the mandate permanent, they're considering making the injunction permanent. They actually said there are constitutional violations so why would they not make the injunction permanent. The judges are admitting it violates the Constitution. If they let this mandate stand it would open the floodgates for the government being able to tell you what to do in every aspect of your life. A total violation of what the Constitution stands for.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2021 at 7:06:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Not what I read.

Let’s all listen to EB’s legal readings.

The guy who thinks Biden stole the election and Jan. 6th was a Democratic false flag operation is surely a brilliant legal scholar.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 7th, 2021 at 1:09:33 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
My understanding is that the judge entered the temporary injunction based on claims made of serious constitutional issues; the judge did not rule that the vaccine mandate was unconstitutional. A hearing on the matter and a new order, if warranted, will be entered after briefing and argument next week.
November 7th, 2021 at 2:17:02 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not worth testing at this point. Just flu symptoms I have had before. If I say I have moved all my crypto to my bank accounts you know I will be joining Fleastiff on the other side.
Get well soon. But more important, take it seriously and keep it to yourself. Or is that too much to ask? I'm guessing nothing about this current infection has swayed your opinions? Celebrate that you probably now have good antibodies.

Are home tests freely available to you? Why would you not test yourself?

It might be a courtesy to your fellow man, and family*, to get some test kits to know when you cease to be infectious. Here, they are free. PCR tests if you have symptoms. Rapid lateral flow test if not. We get boxes of 7 rapid lateral flow tests for home testing till not infectious.

*I know nothing of your age or family profile, would you tell us if any of them are, or become infected? Just interested in comparing notes.
November 7th, 2021 at 3:04:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
I was thinking craps, Flea and me, were dice guys.

Oh, you said croupier so I assumed. Craps is funny how when I had no idea I would stare at the board and a couple dealers would try to teach it to me but others were protecting secrets of the trade. When I not learned but mastered running a game it was a feeling of power because even the setup guys who were the de facto bosses did not know it. The people who owned the companies mostly did not know it. One or two gigs were "special" with extra payouts for some things the first hour of the party but you could not just do that on any bet. So for the other games they said what they wanted and told the craps dealers to figure out a bonus amongst ourselves. That craps paid $50-70 more did not hurt.

But now some nights I am happy to deal BJ since I can half put my mind to sleep.
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2021 at 3:08:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Get well soon. But more important, take it seriously and keep it to yourself. Or is that too much to ask? I'm guessing nothing about this current infection has swayed your opinions? Celebrate that you probably now have good antibodies.

Are home tests freely available to you? Why would you not test yourself?

It might be a courtesy to your fellow man, and family*, to get some test kits to know when you cease to be infectious. Here, they are free. PCR tests if you have symptoms. Rapid lateral flow test if not. We get boxes of 7 rapid lateral flow tests for home testing till not infectious.

*I know nothing of your age or family profile, would you tell us if any of them are, or become infected? Just interested in comparing notes.

Feeling moderately better this morning. I will go out and get more cough medicine and drops. Work making us go back to the office for good starting tomorrow. But I do not think we will see the new year unless they are just not wanting a layoff before that or/and seeing if the business drop is because of the holidays.

Thanks for the well wish. If work is testing I will get tested. If not I will ride it out for now, though I am loading up on Zinc and C for good measure.
The President is a fink.