No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 16th, 2021 at 8:59:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
My only stops will be gas and sleep. No time for fun on this trip.

There's a 22 story phallic symbol in Tallahassee.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 16th, 2021 at 9:40:32 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
8 Dead, Dozens Infected With COVID-19 Due to Outbreak at Connecticut Nursing Home All Were Vaxxed

Yeah covid has certainly jumped the shark all right. Not. Germany is so bad they're thinking about canceling Christmas. Covid deaths in Minnesota just topped 9000. They are calling it a virus blizzard in that state.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2021 at 9:50:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The average death rate annually in nursing homes before covid, was around 30%. You keep expecting good news from nursing homes, I guess.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 16th, 2021 at 10:03:58 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Evenbob
8 Dead, Dozens Infected With COVID-19 Due to Outbreak at Connecticut Nursing Home All Were Vaxxed

Yeah covid has certainly jumped the shark all right. Not. Germany is so bad they're thinking about canceling Christmas. Covid deaths in Minnesota just topped 9000. They are calling it a virus blizzard in that state.
Not quite
The nursing and rehab center houses only 70 residents and all eight people who died has[sic] serious underlying health issues.

Of the 89 total infections, 87 people were fully vaccinated, the nursing home said.

The oldies that died were probably vaccinated early in the process, in time for the effectiveness to wane. I wonder which vaccine they'd had?
They don't seem to have had any booster eligibility.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/581742-covid-19-outbreak-at-connecticut-nursing-home-leaves-8-dead

Ultimately it only took one person to bring the infection into the home. If they were still allowing family visits, such a superspreader was inevitable.
November 16th, 2021 at 10:10:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear

Not quite
The nursing and rehab center houses only 70 residents and all eight people who died has[sic] serious underlying health issues.

I guess their deaths don't count then. I don't know how to play the covid death game like you vaxxers do. To me a death is a death from covid. I don't add qualifiers to it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2021 at 10:24:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Not quite

I guess their deaths don't count then. I don't know how to play the covid death game like you vaxxers do. To me a death is a death from covid. I don't add qualifiers to it.

If someone who doesn't have a peanut butter allergy and didn't choke dies from ingesting peanut butter, then I would be worried about that brand of peanut butter.

If someone with a peanut butter allergy dies from ingesting peanut butter, then I just wonder why the hell they ate peanut butter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 16th, 2021 at 10:29:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Not quite

Of the 89 total infections, 87 people were fully vaccinated, the nursing home said.

The oldies that died were probably vaccinated early in the process, in time for the effectiveness to wane. I wonder which vaccine they'd had?
They don't seem to have had any booster eligibility.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/581742-covid-19-outbreak-at-connecticut-nursing-home-leaves-8-dead

Ultimately it only took one person to bring the infection into the home. If they were still allowing family visits, such a superspreader was inevitable.

So you still want to keep your seniors in jail? How many more years do your propose, when they have very few left. If you asked most of them they would sooner see their families and die rather than not see their families and die soon anyway. The idea of locking your mother up because you don't want to face her death and hence your own morality is a very selfish thing to do.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 16th, 2021 at 10:39:45 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: kenarman

So you still want to keep your seniors in jail? How many more years do your propose, when they have very few left. If you asked most of them they would sooner see their families and die rather than not see their families and die soon anyway. The idea of locking your mother up because you don't want to face her death and hence your own morality is a very selfish thing to do.
If you knew my domestic circumstances, you would know the absurdity of that statement.
I actually agree that family visits should be permitted to old folks homes, but that every practical mitigation should be applied.
That home has testing twice per week. In my opinion that's not enough.
November 16th, 2021 at 10:44:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Yeah covid has certainly jumped the shark all right. Not.

Is Evenbob confusing Covid with “Let’s go Brandon!”???

No one here said “Covid has jumped the shark” as far as I’m aware.

EB seems to be the only still living his life in fear (and maybe reasonably so - based on his anecdotes, his family seems to be dying left and right from it).

Meanwhile, I’m about to book a Caribbean cruise.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2021 at 11:01:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I will probably pass right by you. I am moving Saturday morning at 6am. First night stop Santa Rosa, NM. Second day Longview, Tx. Third day Tallahassee. Fourth day I will get to see my new house for the first time (Wife has seen it but not me).

Taking my time
Week in Carlsbad
A month to do the Texas tour
Xmas in MSY
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"