No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 16th, 2021 at 4:14:24 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I have heard that the 6th Circuit Court has won the "lottery" to decide the OSHA vaccine mandate case.

The make-up of the court:
6 Trump Judges
2 Obama
5 G W Bush judges
3 Klintoon Judges

note: list of judges edited
Let's go Brandon
November 16th, 2021 at 4:16:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
I have heard that the 6th Circuit Court has won the "lottery" to decide the OSHA vaccine mandate case.

The make-up of the court:
6 Trump Judges
2 Obama
4 W Bush judges
3 Klintoon Judges
1 H W Bush

Should the make-up really matter if the judges are strictly following the law?

Lololol j/k
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2021 at 4:18:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear
Waddya Reckon EvenBob? A recipe for disaster, or an assertion of your constitutional rights.

Most covid is spread from close contact with people at home and in the office end on the subway and in elevators or especially in church. And the way it's spreading again everywhere I sure as hell wouldn't go to a dinner like that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2021 at 4:20:49 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Should the make-up really matter if the judges are strictly following the law?

Lololol j/k

You know, I really wish that it didn't matter but unfortunately it appears that it does seem to matter.
Let's go Brandon
November 16th, 2021 at 4:37:57 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Evenbob
Most covid is spread from close contact with people at home and in the office end on the subway and in elevators or especially in church. And the way it's spreading again everywhere I sure as hell wouldn't go to a dinner like that.
Hey.... Let the record show, I fully agree with EvenBob !!!
November 16th, 2021 at 5:48:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Hey.... Let the record show, I fully agree with EvenBob !!!

I agree also
That's why I still wear a mask indoors when others are around despite being fully vaccinated
I don't want to catch this insidious virus even though I'm vaccinated
We still don't fully understand this virus, especially long covid
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2021 at 6:13:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
8 Dead, Dozens Infected With COVID-19 Due to Outbreak at Connecticut Nursing Home All Were Vaxxed

Not quite
The nursing and rehab center houses only 70 residents and all eight people who died has[sic] serious underlying health issues.

I guess their deaths don't count then. I don't know how to play the covid death game like you vaxxers do. To me a death is a death from covid. I don't add qualifiers to it.
No deaths matter as no people matter. We are just blips on the radar of this 4 billion year old planet. We are all going to die and I don't care, our lives are meaningless in the big picture.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 16th, 2021 at 6:25:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
No deaths matter as no people matter. We are just blips on the radar of this 4 billion year old planet. We are all going to die and I don't care, our lives are meaningless in the big picture.

Ah, a vein worth mining.

"“It was as if that great rush of anger had washed me clean, emptied me of hope, and, gazing up at the dark sky spangled with its signs and stars, for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe."

--- Camus
November 16th, 2021 at 7:01:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Because it was similar to some of the stories I read of covid patients dying, apparently it is not uncommon for people who are near death to "rally" or be like their old self. (other name is "terminal lucidity") Is seen mostly in Hospice care where people often have minimal interventions going on.

They may even say they feel better.

Then they die.

Of course a lot of covid patients were intubated when they kicked off and under sedation. So no one heard from them.

Nancy Reagan claimed Ronald appeared to be back and aware moments before his death.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2021 at 1:42:19 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: DRich
Drich, Are you familiar with the Total Perspective Vortex from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Total_Perspective_Vortex#Description
"The machine was originally created by its inventor Trin Tragula as a way to get back at his wife. She was always telling him to get a "sense of proportion," so he showed her the Vortex. Tragula was horrified to learn he had destroyed her mind, even as he proved his point that if life was going to live in such a vast Universe, one thing it could not afford to have was a sense of perspective."

$:o)