No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 23rd, 2020 at 6:51:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Perhaps she should have been working on her own bill at the same time the Senate was working on that one.

Who says she wasn’t?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:52:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Taking a break from the ams/RonC/terapined back and forth....

I am concerned when the first lawsuit arrives...... Your honor, I know my client is charged with rape, but the State can no longer guarantee his safety in Rikers prison. I am asking for his immediate release. Of course he will appear for his trial........

I'm sure Harvey Weinstein's lawyers have done that already even though he is convicted.

Also wondering..... what are homeless shelters doing?
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:04:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
but the State can no longer guarantee his safety in Rikers prison.

What prison on this planet guarantees safety?
Ever watch "Locked up abroad"
This is why I don't break the law, because nobody can guarantee my safety when locked up
I worked in a liquor store once. Met a guy that did time. I asked him how he survived, he held up his fists and said "you learn to use these"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:20:06 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I might be in the minority but it seems to me that bailing out big business is the prudent thing to do. If we just give money to the people we will continue to have to do it if businesses fail and people don't have places to work.. They do need to put governed restrictions on what businesses can and can't do if they get the money.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:46:11 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I might be in the minority but it seems to me that bailing out big business is the prudent thing to do. If we just give money to the people we will continue to have to do it if businesses fail and people don't have places to work.. They do need to put governed restrictions on what businesses can and can't do if they get the money.

Big business has access to money, they can borrow
Families living paycheck to paycheck and lost their job don't have access
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:24:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Big business has access to money, they can borrow
Families living paycheck to paycheck and lost their job don't have access

It's not so simple, unfortunately. Both are in need of help. The exact details are what Congress is fighting over. Without a government guarantee, are you going to lend Princess Cruises money right now?
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:33:18 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
It's not so simple, unfortunately. Both are in need of help. The exact details are what Congress is fighting over. Without a government guarantee, are you going to lend Princess Cruises money right now?

A company been in business for decades and banks have access to Fed money. loan approved
A family that just lost their job. loan not approved
That's reality
March 23rd, 2020 at 10:17:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Less than a month ago:

But sure, let’s try to criticize the Dems! lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 10:45:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Less than a month ago:

Look... Trump is not very bright. Got that. Is a disaster at tweeting and communicating in general. But Shumer and Pelosi are just sinister. Both can be true at the same time.

On anoher note, m wife has been watching daily news briefings and has been comparing Cuomo and Trump. She now thinks that the Democrats should "obviously" pick Cuomo to be Biden's running mate.
When I told her that Biden has disqualified him because he is a white male she thought I was making that up... that it is a Republican conspiracy theory.... that the Democrats would never do that..... LOL!
March 23rd, 2020 at 10:46:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Less than a month ago:

Last two Republican Presidents had big disasters at the end of a term. Coincidence?

(well I'm counting this one as #2)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?