No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 23rd, 2020 at 1:45:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
No. Her package will be more filled with more pork than a BBQ sandwich.

She has already been caught using it to fund abortions. The woman does not know how to put politics aside.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:45:16 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Technically they would eventually be right. They did not predict this one, just "a pandemic." You cannot prepare for every "maybe."

...and yet, through Presidency after Presidency and Congress after Congress...controlled by both parties at various times, we did little about it.

I guess we will have a better plan after this...
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:48:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
...and yet, through Presidency after Presidency and Congress after Congress...controlled by both parties at various times, we did little about it.

You really cannot plan to shut down a country and have everyone locked inside. We did not have a "plan" to convert to military production in November of 1941. We had some rough ideas. You take some rough ideas and you put your best people on it and you respond. As they say, no plan survives first contact with the enemy anyhow.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:56:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Worst disaster of our time and Democrats would rather play politics.

Flashback:

In three months you will have forgotten all about it.

lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:59:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Technically they would eventually be right. They did not predict this one, just "a pandemic." You cannot prepare for every "maybe."

Being prepared at the level we're at right now is probably not feasible.

That's why I suggested an international fast response team on the other forum. And maybe after this event, for 20 or 30 years or so, enough of the world will still remember to be ready to jump on any hint of an outbreak, like a rat terrier on a rat.

Memories will fade over the years if another outbreak doesn't occur after many years. and complacency will set in.

Or maybe we will have enhanced technology, and we really will dominate the virus.

Or maybe western civilization will just collapse, like I think you've predicted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:00:51 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
Technically a pandemic has been predicted for years by more than one agency. YouTube is a good start for the interested. i'm not here to educate the lazy.

"Technically a pandemic has been predicted for years by more than one agency." So what. That is not what you posted. I will remind you.

In this post: http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3150/79/#post138137

you said: "This pandemic was predicted."

THIS pandemic is the Chinese virus (COVID-19). I will ask you again:

Exactly when and by whom predicted THIS pandemic???
Let's go Brandon
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:02:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
"Technically a pandemic has been predicted for years by more than one agency." So what. That is not what you posted. I will remind you.

In this post: http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3150/79/#post138137

you said: "This pandemic was predicted."

THIS pandemic is the Chinese virus (COVID-19). I will ask you again:

Exactly when and by whom predicted THIS pandemic???

Fleaswatter, master of nitpicking semantics, strikes again!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:08:26 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
You really cannot plan to shut down a country and have everyone locked inside. We did not have a "plan" to convert to military production in November of 1941. We had some rough ideas. You take some rough ideas and you put your best people on it and you respond. As they say, no plan survives first contact with the enemy anyhow.

The military trains with "war games", many of them involving no actual troops...just the leadership folks moving through a situation. I don't think we really had a "pandemic team" like the one Trump was accused of cutting. It seems we had a pandemic person and other people with jobs that could cover that part of the job. The main thing that could have been done in advance is throwing lots of possibilities on the table and game plan them.

If that solved even one of the problems we are experiencing, we would be better off right now.

We have several hundred pages of plans for how each President is to be handled in death. We should at least have several thousand pages of ideas on handling a pandemic. They have happened before...they are not unknown.

A good plan now is always better than a great plan later. We had neither a good plan or a great plan. No plan doesn't even get you to first contact with the enemy.
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:08:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Unfortunately, we have idiots who think nothing of killing thousands of people, what's a few million or more? I am not sure how much capability it would take to launch a similar virus for such purpose, but it's much easier to hide than manufacture of nukes.

I don't think we have a choice to not take it seriously.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:09:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Being prepared at the level we're at right now is probably not feasible.

That's why I suggested an international fast response team on the other forum. And maybe after this event, for 20 or 30 years or so, enough of the world will still remember to be ready to jump on any hint of an outbreak, like a rat terrier on a rat.

What exactly would a response team do, though? By the time it is found how dangerous a virus is it would have spread far and wide, excepting if it starts in a very remote area. So far the best thing would be to get people to be preppers with 2-3 months of nonperishable food and really important 3-6 months of cash reserves.

I got lucky and closed my real estate deal a month ago, I can outlast it. Of course that is why I sold vs. rented it out, cash reserves. I know people who have said "I'm screwed." Sadly who said that I warned dozens of times that our business was chicken or feathers. I tried to get him into my side hustle, which he blew off more than once so now he is blackballed. He asked for a loan. He waited too long to take a straight job. He had no reserves.

There are millions like him. Not just the bottom quintile, either. IMHO really screwed are those living in the high-cost west coastal and other high cost areas. Their $1200 check will not cover 1 month rent. Living small is paying big now.
The President is a fink.