No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 23rd, 2020 at 2:10:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Fleaswatter, master of nitpicking semantics, strikes again!

Yeah, my fault, now let's ask him why he doesn't pick on trump for lack of precise language X 10, x100?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:19:37 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, my fault, now let's ask him why he doesn't pick on trump for lack of precise language X 10, x100?

If "this pandemic" was so predicable, why are the democrat governors of NY, CA and WA sooooooo unprepared for it and begging the Federal Government daily for assistance????
Let's go Brandon
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:21:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
What exactly would a response team do, though? By the time it is found how dangerous a virus is it would have spread far and wide, excepting if it starts in a very remote area.

I prefer to take the Lombardi view. hit it when it's weakest. Outflank it. or is that Patton. Custer? Sitting Bull.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Or is that the Chinese warrior. Sun Whathisface?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:26:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I prefer to take the Lombardi view. hit it when it's weakest. Outflank it. or is that Patton. Custer? Sitting Bull.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Or is that the Chinese warrior. Sun Whathisface?

Sun Tsu.

That really isn't an answer. It is not like "Outbreak" where it was one small African village they firebombed.

Then of course there is the political problem. Many of the same people complaining about "not doing anything" were crying "racist!" when we did do something. Modern America does not have the stomach for either war against an enemy or a virus. As soon as you take measures some group will sue. Even today every last Democrat in the Senate voted against a relief bill. Pelosi tried to slip abortion funding into the House Bill. Biden is using the virus to attack Trump. And we are supposed to have a rapid response team? Really?
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:31:59 PM permalink
rxwine
I don't mind the prepper mindset, I just prefer to leave it for the final option, not just resign to it.
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:34:33 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
She has already been caught using it to fund abortions. The woman does not know how to put politics aside.

It is a long standing practice on both sides to put in stuff you never hope to actually get, in order to have so mething to give up and call it "compromise" while simultaneously giving people on both sides an issue to grandstand on when they vote for or against it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:37:23 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Dalex64
It is a long standing practice on both sides to put in stuff you never hope to actually get, in order to have so mething to give up and call it "compromise" while simultaneously giving people on both sides an issue to grandstand on when they vote for or against it.

Perhaps....but can they all just stand on their grands and get the package done already...
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:51:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The GOP, a few months from now:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 3:02:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I don't mind the prepper mindset, I just prefer to leave it for the final option, not just resign to it.

It is not supposed to be "a final option." It is a way of life. Forger "Doomsday Preppers" as that is not what being a prepper is all about. It is about always having enough TP on hand that you are not running scared right now. Ditto food. Instead of rice and beans, have a variety of canned goods. Lots of soup. Remember all the people who could not last 3 days after Sandy or Katrina? They are looking at empty shelves now.

It is about minimizing expenses, living within your means. It is about having cash in small bills in the house to last a couple weeks of this. Imagine if the Mastercard and Visa systems crashed during all of this. Where would 70% of these people be? TP, soap, other hygiene products, detergent, cleaning products; these all should be around the house. If you have a house how hard is it to keep 20-50 gallons of gas in storage outside?

This is all smarter than hoping there is a FEMA warehouse full of stuff that will be distributed.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 3:21:16 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
The GOP, a few months from now

Ah, heck, I almost got caught up in your bullshit.

Have a nice day!