No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 18th, 2022 at 2:54:46 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146
Many of them would be chemists, I'd think.

I'd guess molecular biologists.
January 18th, 2022 at 5:56:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Many people with a PhD in a science related field are probably more qualified than most everyday people regarding medical treatment. I mean even most college grads take no science classes if they just have a generic liberal arts degree above the high school level (and maybe just one college level math class if that). Meaning, High School science is probably the most science that the vast majority of adults have experience in. A Geology PhD is more qualified to give vaccine advice than most of us here.

Though I do agree that I tend to be skeptical when people introduce themselves as "Doctor Whatever".... especially in social circumstances (when nobody needs to know your title). It's just my personal anecdote, but I notice a lot of educational doctorates introduce themselves as "Doctor", and it turns out they have an EdD (which is a fine degree, but its odd to expect people outside of your school to call you "Doctor"). This is just my experience, and a lot of people with PhD in hard science just introduce themselves by their first name. I am not saying a PhD in Chemical Engineering is more prestigious than am EdD, but I would guess one is far more challenging than the other.

All of that being said, I consider a Nurse Practioner with a Doctorate of Nursing to be just as qualified to give medical advice as a M.D. , in many cases more years of school and experience, and depending on their speciality they may be more qualified to give certain advice. I have no clue how British nursing degrees compare to U.S. to know if it's similar, but that is how I feel regarding U.S. nurses. I don't buy the whole "he is just a nurse" argument (for one because being a nurse requires a lot of experience and education, and is commendable in itself ,then somebody who has a Doctorate level of education even more so).
January 19th, 2022 at 5:22:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anti-vax-folk-singer-dies-25987040

Another Herman Cain award winner
Unvaxxed and purposely catching covid
Then dying
WTF
Its almost suicide
Stunned. If you are unvaxxed, covid is deadly
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 5:28:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anti-vax-folk-singer-dies-25987040

Another Herman Cain award winner
Unvaxxed and purposely catching covid
Then dying
WTF
Its almost suicide
Stunned. If you are unvaxxed, covid is deadly

I swear, again, they always think they're getting better at some point, then kapow.

Quote:
Two days before her death, Horka reassured her followers on social media "I survived, it was intense."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2022 at 5:41:24 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
I swear, again, they always think they're getting better at some point, then kapow.

Maybe we need a public service announcement from Soopoo
If unvaxxed, don't try to catch covid
You would think this is common sense
But again, being unvaxxed is the ultimate in stupidity
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 9:00:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/01/18/supreme-court-gorsuch-refused-to-wear-mask-despite-sotomayors-covid-concerns.html
Neil Gorsuch is a POS
Really disgusting

Statement from the Supreme Court:

Quote:
"Reporting that Justice Sotomayor asked Justice Gorsuch to wear a mask surprised us. It is false. While we may sometimes disagree about the law, we are warm colleagues and friends."

The interesting thing here is that the reporting was that *Chief Justice Roberts* asked everyone to mask up, not Sotomayor. This statement doesn’t really address that…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2022 at 12:52:57 PM permalink
terapined
Sad story out of Michigan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/life-death-hugs-prayers-story-231905488.html

"Life, death and 'hugs and prayers': A story of covid in rural Michigan"
January 19th, 2022 at 1:30:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Maybe we need a public service announcement from Soopoo
If unvaxxed, don't try to catch covid
You would think this is common sense
But again, being unvaxxed is the ultimate in stupidity

My thoughts are clear. The risk benefit ratio of being getting a vaccine is a very low number, approaching zero. I am not sure if not being vaxxed is ‘the ultimate in stupidity’, because there are A LOT of really stupid things people do.

But it certainly is among the stupidest things a person does that is in the news daily.
January 19th, 2022 at 5:47:56 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Statement from the Supreme Court:

The interesting thing here is that the reporting was that *Chief Justice Roberts* asked everyone to mask up, not Sotomayor. This statement doesn’t really address that…

Well, well well

Supreme Court justices push back on report of Covid mask rift

Quote:
The rare joint statement from the two sitting justices came one day after a report said Gorsuch refused to wear a mask, despite a request from Chief Justice John Roberts for all nine members of the bench to do so.

The statement does not mention Roberts. It says Gorsuch and Sotomayor were “surprised” by “reporting that Justice Sotomayor asked Justice Gorsuch to wear a mask.”

Later, Roberts himself weighed in, saying he “did not request Justice Gorsuch or any other Justice to wear a mask on the bench.”
highlighting above mine

Let's go Brandon
January 19th, 2022 at 6:09:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Well, well well

Supreme Court justices push back on report of Covid mask rift

Quote:
The rare joint statement from the two sitting justices came one day after a report said Gorsuch refused to wear a mask, despite a request from Chief Justice John Roberts for all nine members of the bench to do so.

The statement does not mention Roberts. It says Gorsuch and Sotomayor were “surprised” by “reporting that Justice Sotomayor asked Justice Gorsuch to wear a mask.”

Later, Roberts himself weighed in, saying he “did not request Justice Gorsuch or any other Justice to wear a mask on the bench.”
highlighting above mine

Very strange that they had to release two separate denials about the same story in one day.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman