No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

June 5th, 2022 at 4:48:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I've already lived past my life expectancy by a year at least. I hate being sick though. I just somewhat recovered from pneumonia again, and when the Dr's asked me in the hospital questions about DNR, I'm close. My worst affect to me personally is the harm me leaving first does to my wife. I don't mind dying, I'd prefer it peaceful in my sleep if possible. But drowning in my phlegm is an awful way to go. It's so slow and agonizing. Actually the method of SooPoo putting me under, and never waking up doesn't sound worse than being awake staring through the glass unable to touch your loved one.

I've even considered faster methods but that seems to upset everyone.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 5th, 2022 at 4:48:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
I almost died earlier this year. Was not fun but would have been worse ways to go.

Were you vaccinated?

If not, do you regret not doing so?
June 5th, 2022 at 5:31:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
I've already lived past my life expectancy by a year at least. I hate being sick though. I just somewhat recovered from pneumonia again, and when the Dr's asked me in the hospital questions about DNR, I'm close. My worst affect to me personally is the harm me leaving first does to my wife. I don't mind dying, I'd prefer it peaceful in my sleep if possible. But drowning in my phlegm is an awful way to go. It's so slow and agonizing. Actually the method of SooPoo putting me under, and never waking up doesn't sound worse than being awake staring through the glass unable to touch your loved one.

I've even considered faster methods but that seems to upset everyone.

I totally agree petro the only regret I will have if I wake up dead one morning would be leaving my wife alone and her having to deal with my death. The stress would probably end up putting her in a care facility. In a perfect world we would die at the same time. Not ready to ensure that happens though.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 5th, 2022 at 8:27:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
I totally agree petro the only regret I will have if I wake up dead one morning would be leaving my wife alone and her having to deal with my death. The stress would probably end up putting her in a care facility. In a perfect world we would die at the same time. Not ready to ensure that happens though.

If you "wake up dead", you better hope your wife runs for it, as it sounds like you're gonna be a zombie.

I've looked at it the same way pretty much since I was a teenager. Once you know you can choose to die at any moment if you really wanted to, it's kind of a relief. Because now it's just a challenge to see how long you can hang on. If you were hanging onto a rope over a canyon with no rescue possible, you could choose to let go because you're gonna die, or you could see how long you could stand the pain in the muscles and hands. You still have something to challenge yourself with and of course you can still let go at anytime.

I have found in the past, the more difficult something becomes to bear, the more you need to break it down into increments of time. "Well, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Or in 2 hours, or in 30 minutes. Or you may need a week or more. If still seems as bad as it was right now, then I can still go."

Anyway, too many teens, don't understand that which is why they likely end it all too early.

But anyway, to each his own. Whatever's right for you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2022 at 11:48:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: rxwine
Once you know you can choose to die at any moment if you really wanted to, it's kind of a relief. Because now it's just a challenge to see how long you can hang on. If you were hanging onto a rope over a canyon with no rescue possible, you could choose to let go because you're gonna die, or you could see how long you could stand the pain in the muscles and hands.

This seems apropos:

A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming to a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw away the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!
June 6th, 2022 at 3:05:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Were you vaccinated?

If not, do you regret not doing so?

No vax for me. No regrets about it. I did not almost die of the china virus but sepsis.
The President is a fink.
June 6th, 2022 at 6:35:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

I almost died earlier this year. Was not fun but would have been worse ways to go.

Me too. Que sera sera
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 6th, 2022 at 4:56:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
Anybody know where I can buy some of the covid-killing "dry mist" that Georgia candidate Herschel Walker previously talked about?
June 6th, 2022 at 5:25:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Been home from a cruise for a couple days.

In the Facebook group for this specific cruise, LOTS of people are now posting that they have been testing positive upon returning home.

I did a self-test today and it was negative.

I’m still the only one in my family who hasn’t had Covid (as far as I know - if I had it, there were zero symptoms).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 6th, 2022 at 8:59:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
Been home from a cruise for a couple days.

In the Facebook group for this specific cruise, LOTS of people are now posting that they have been testing positive upon returning home.

I did a self-test today and it was negative.

I’m still the only one in my family who hasn’t had Covid (as far as I know - if I had it, there were zero symptoms).
Did your family members have Covid light or Covid "kicks ass" variety?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW