No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

June 4th, 2022 at 7:18:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Scott Adams got covid on Saturday and on Sunday he was in brain fog all day.

Scott Adams has had severe brain fog for years.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 4th, 2022 at 11:06:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Just found out my niece has been the sickest of her life with Covid for the last ten days.

Scott Adams got covid last weekend and he's pretty much over it now. But all week long he has said over and over the same thing I have sent a hundred times since I had it that it was the sickest he's ever been in his life. I was so sick I thought I was going to die and I didn't know it was cold it because nobody knew about covid yet. So I understand what your niece is going through. You're so sick you can't believe it because you've never been that sick before. You didn't know it was possible to get this sick that's how bad it is. Yes there's more coming they are reintroducing mask mandates in California. Do you hear that on the news, nope. Not the entire State of California but select counties.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2022 at 12:15:05 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
And now a break for some topical humor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5AZwkz8zLU
June 5th, 2022 at 1:06:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Scott Adams got covid last weekend and he's pretty much over it now. But all week long he has said over and over the same thing I have sent a hundred times since I had it that it was the sickest he's ever been in his life. I was so sick I thought I was going to die and I didn't know it was cold it because nobody knew about covid yet. So I understand what your niece is going through. You're so sick you can't believe it because you've never been that sick before. You didn't know it was possible to get this sick that's how bad it is. Yes there's more coming they are reintroducing mask mandates in California. Do you hear that on the news, nope. Not the entire State of California but select counties.
Just found out that not only my niece [Seattle] but my favorite bil now has Covid and is suffering greatly with long term symptoms, lost voice and other things he said he will tell us about when he can talk. He lives in Dearborn Mich. I don't like it, this virus is hitting closer and closer to home.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 5th, 2022 at 1:25:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Just found out that not only my niece [Seattle] but my favorite bil now has Covid and is suffering greatly with long term symptoms, lost voice and other things he said he will tell us about when he can talk. He lives in Dearborn Mich. I don't like it, this virus is hitting closer and closer to home.

Almost all of us are going to get it. O Covid is not possible and other than China no country is even trying to get there now. In BC we have 95% vaccination rate and they estimate that over 70% of the population has had Covid at least once, it is considered endemic now. Nobody knows for sure how many have had it as they only collect hospital stats. If you test yourself at home and are positive they is no requirement to do anything but isolate for 5 days after your symptoms are gone. Covid is just one more thing we might catch now, like a cold or the flu. It might be more dangerous but everyone needs to move on from the pandemic stage and relax. Just one more thing you might die from, oh well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 5th, 2022 at 1:53:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman

Almost all of us are going to get it. O Covid is not possible and other than China no country is even trying to get there now. In BC we have 95% vaccination rate and they estimate that over 70% of the population has had Covid at least once, it is considered endemic now. Nobody knows for sure how many have had it as they only collect hospital stats. If you test yourself at home and are positive they is no requirement to do anything but isolate for 5 days after your symptoms are gone. Covid is just one more thing we might catch now, like a cold or the flu. It might be more dangerous but everyone needs to move on from the pandemic stage and relax. Just one more thing you might die from, oh well.

How you die is the issue. Covid wouldn't be my preferred choice. Lots of people died isolated for their last days. While awake, gasping for air. Maybe the last thing you see is SOOPOO putting a tube down your throat.

(the last is morbid humor. I'm sure he is a pleasant looking fellow)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2022 at 2:17:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine

How you die is the issue. Covid wouldn't be my preferred choice. Lots of people died isolated for their last days. While awake, gasping for air. Maybe the last thing you see is SOOPOO putting a tube down your throat.

Would you prefer painful brain cancer, dementia, live out your life as a burn victim. Lots of ways to die worse than Covid and we have very little control over which way we die.
June 5th, 2022 at 2:45:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Would you prefer painful brain cancer, dementia, live out your life as a burn victim. Lots of ways to die worse than Covid and we have very little control over which way we die.

Sure, you could die in a tiny prison cell in a foreign country after spending 5 years with 4 other guys who don’t really treat you well but don’t let you die either. Just sayin’, don’t automatically dismiss the path to getting there as unimportant.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2022 at 2:56:54 PM permalink
kenarman

Sure, you could die in a tiny prison cell in a foreign country after spending 5 years with 4 other guys who don’t really treat you well but don’t let you die either. Just sayin’, don’t automatically dismiss the path to getting there as unimportant.

I don't worry about things I don't have control of. People have a lot less control of how they die than most younger people think.
June 5th, 2022 at 4:37:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I almost died earlier this year. Was not fun but would have been worse ways to go.
The President is a fink.