No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 25th, 2020 at 6:10:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Only you! I am glad that is a part of it because it is a good idea to keep those making the laws from profiting from them unduly (like the Senators, also), but the best part of it is helping the American people.

It isn't even close!

This is just a typical troll of Trump, not an actual look at the bill to talk about the best things about it.

In other words, your usual shtick!

Don't know why you take this attitude
This is great news
Politicians should be forced to divest
Its absurd that Schumer had to fight for this
Trump and his cabinet wont divest because they are greedy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2020 at 6:18:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Don't know why you take this attitude
This is great news
Politicians should be forced to divest
Its absurd that Schumer had to fight for this
Trump and his cabinet wont divest because they are greedy

Did you even read what I wrote?

Holy crap...I said that I was IN FAVOR of this and indicated that politicians shouldn't make gains from the things they vote on. I already spoke about requiring more folks to have blind trusts.

Still, it is obvious to everyone but the most partisan hacks that the value...the most important thing...in the bill is HELPING AMERICANS!!

The original post is a typical part of the "I have to say something bad about Trump" daily routine.
March 25th, 2020 at 6:37:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Only you! I am glad that is a part of it because it is a good idea to keep those making the laws from profiting from them unduly (like the Senators, also), but the best part of it is helping the American people.

It isn't even close!

This is just a typical troll of Trump, not an actual look at the bill to talk about the best things about it.

In other words, your usual shtick!

What an odd post.

You agree with the provision in the bill, and yet are still triggered enough to attack my post about it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 6:39:42 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
SooPoo, when you speak with your associates, do they mention being short of PPE?

Via email, a single colleague has mentioned a CRNA refusing a task due to lack of PPE. The issue is the N-95 masks. In theory, you probably are supposed to toss them after each patient interaction. Imagine an ICU doctor who goes in and out of different COVID patient rooms, maybe a few times an hour during a critical time.

Not the N-95 masks, but the regular surgical masks.... When I would 'run the board' for our 12 OR operating room area, I'd be responsible medically for two of those ORs. At 7:30 I'd start my first OR, then at 7:45 I'd start the second one. After that I'd be often going into the other 10 ORs to see how the flow was going. If we had an urgent case I'd need to know which OR was almost done, and alert the staff to prepare. I would probably walk in and out 100 times a day? Towards the end of my career someone decided that we should dispose of the mask EACH time we would go in and out of an OR. The unnecessary waste was staggering. I understand the theoretical reason this was done, I just know in the real world it adds nothing to patient care or safety.

Just eliminating that requirement would save BILLIONS of masks per year.
March 25th, 2020 at 6:39:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

The original post is a typical part of the "I have to say something bad about Trump" daily routine.

Its the most criticized job on the planet
yet
You are complaining about the criticism
You need to take a break from the political threads

If teddy was alive today, no doubt part of his daily routine would be to criticize Trump

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonable to the American public.” Teddy Roosevelt
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2020 at 6:49:19 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Its the most criticized job on the planet
yet
You are complaining about the criticism
You need to take a break from the political threads

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonable to the American public.” Teddy Roosevelt

...and just let you have all the fun? No thanks.

I criticize the President. Daily. Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere.

My point is not that you should not criticize him. My only point is that the bill is out there to help Americans and that all of our politicians are working towards that end...and it is a good thing.

I would never say that he, or any other politician, should not be criticized.

I also feel it is okay to criticize someone who is against the best interests of the country, such as hoping the stock market went down.

You get to write your posts, I get to write mine. I don't need your advice on what threads I should ignore...when I tire of the banter here, I take a break.

I've never wished anyone but the nastiest people on earth dead, some here have. Did you tell them to take a break, too?
March 25th, 2020 at 6:52:01 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: SOOPOO
Via email, a single colleague has mentioned a CRNA refusing a task due to lack of PPE. The issue is the N-95 masks. In theory, you probably are supposed to toss them after each patient interaction. Imagine an ICU doctor who goes in and out of different COVID patient rooms, maybe a few times an hour during a critical time.

Not the N-95 masks, but the regular surgical masks.... When I would 'run the board' for our 12 OR operating room area, I'd be responsible medically for two of those ORs. At 7:30 I'd start my first OR, then at 7:45 I'd start the second one. After that I'd be often going into the other 10 ORs to see how the flow was going. If we had an urgent case I'd need to know which OR was almost done, and alert the staff to prepare. I would probably walk in and out 100 times a day? Towards the end of my career someone decided that we should dispose of the mask EACH time we would go in and out of an OR. The unnecessary waste was staggering. I understand the theoretical reason this was done, I just know in the real world it adds nothing to patient care or safety.

Just eliminating that requirement would save BILLIONS of masks per year.

Dis they do some kind of a study and proof in any way that it was medically necessary to change masks each time?

Just wondering if it was that or some admin persons decision for whatever reason...perhaps to charge for extra masks...
March 25th, 2020 at 6:53:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I've never wished anyone but the nastiest people on earth dead, some here have. Did you tell them to take a break, too?

lol... y’all really need to get over that one.

IMO, Rush Limbaugh is one of the nastiest people on the earth.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 6:59:30 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Well, kenarman, you're getting your wish in Spain. They are pulling ventilators from older people and letting them die, and giving them to younger patients. They've opened an ice rink to pile the bodies. 1 in 8 of their medical personnel are infected.

This was never my wish what kind of animal do you think I am. I have only been trying convince the Polyannas on this board that it is going to get ugly and tough decisions need to be made including rationing medical treatment even with the current lockdowns. Would you sooner the rationing decisions are made via a lottery?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 25th, 2020 at 7:05:21 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
lol... y’all really need to get over that one.

IMO, Rush Limbaugh is one of the nastiest people on the earth.

I just asked a question; you are the one suggestion I take a break. I just asked you the same question.

It is over in my mind; it was just an example for you.