Black Jogging Enthusiast Killed by Racist Vigilantes For Making Sure Construction Site was Safe

May 27th, 2020 at 7:15:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
People are upset because this was an employee of the people hired to PROTECT AND SERVE. A criminal kills somebody, it really sucks. A person hired to PROTECT instead kills, yes a lot of normal people are justified in outrage

...and no one said that they should not be outraged. They should be up in arms over this incident.

They should also protest peacefully...

"At about 6 p.m., the protest turned into a march towards the 3rd Precinct, where it is believed that the officers worked. A much smaller group than the initial protest started vandalizing the building, shattering a window and spray painting squad cars."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/26/hundreds-of-protesters-march-in-minneapolis-after-george-floyds-deadly-encounter-with-police/

Likewise, everyone should be outraged about the sheer number of people people shot each week in Chicago and other cities.

It is not the same as the police killing, of course, but many more are lost each year to those kind of killings.
May 27th, 2020 at 8:11:54 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
NOT defending the officers, but separate news story mentions FORTY NINE people shot in multiple incidents over Memorial Day weekend. Not in the USA. In Chicago! The Black community will spend countless amounts of energy on the single victim, while ignoring the 49 victims. So far, 10 of the 49 are dead. (I do not have the racial breakdown of the 49, but I can guess....)

My wife found a picture of the cop on top wearing a Make Whites Great Again hat. It is not going to go well for him.

Do you have a link to the hat? I have a feeling that would be major news.... People have been nitpicking everything about him, I have a feeling that would be a much bigger story.

As for your other point, you are right, dozens die everyday in shootings. People only care when it is white on black or police on black crime. Black on white crime, never racist (even when it clearly is).... Black on black crime is "because of systemic history systems etc..."
May 27th, 2020 at 8:26:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Another one
So sad
The I cant breathe video is just so disturbing

Yeah that was bad. I am 100% not on the Officers side in that one. Clearly in the wrong, glad they got fired.

There is one thing to point out. That guy being choked was clearly intoxicated (probably drugs), and allegedly he had been resisting for 10-15 minutes before they got him on the ground. I think he was forging checks for quick cash that is why the store called the cops on him after he made a scene in the store. It appears there was quite a violent confrontation for many minutes before the neck part (the only part we have seen). His body cam was on, so it will be interesting to see the full incident and see if he was as peaceful as claimed. My guess is he was aggressive and intoxicated and kept pushing them away until they had enough and had to do a take down. Now, let's be clear even if that is the case, the Officer with the knee on the neck was still 100% wrong. But, I am interested to see more background...

I just want to say. I am not a perfect person. I have done many stupid things, even been arrested. But, I have never found myself in such a situation because I don't fight cops, it's a losing battle even if you are in the right... Resisting arrest is never going to go well.... Just let yourself be arrested and fight it in court later...
May 27th, 2020 at 10:02:57 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
People are upset because this was an employee of the people hired to PROTECT AND SERVE.

I ain't gonna rag you about firearms; I'm sympathetic, even empathetic, to your personal issues and ain't gonna push on them. But gd dude,... you need to wake up. The police are there to protect the interests of state and capitol, period. That they sometimes help hoi poloi is a side effect, not their purpose. Even the Supreme Court ruled, in black and white and just a few years ago, that the police have NO DUTY to protect you.

You're about to solo tramp across the country in a tin box. Please start thinking about this s#$% before you go, lest you f#$% around and find out why I am the way that I am.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 27th, 2020 at 10:19:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
That they sometimes help hoi poloi is a side effect, not their purpose. Even the Supreme Court ruled, in black and white and just a few years ago, that the police have NO DUTY to protect you.

They have a duty to protect society and serve society so we can go about our business
That aint happening, society is exploding with rage in MSP
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2020 at 10:39:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Of course we don't see what led the officers to get him in that position.

Even when you don't know, it's hard to come up with a good explanation.

If the cop was alone, maybe. The guy looked to be in handcuffs and was prone. One on one, it could still be dangerous, especially if he hadn't searched the person yet. But that wasn't the case.

Did anyone see the white lady in Central Park accusing the black guy of trying to attack her. Since it was filmed, it was hard to see that it wasn't racist on her part.

However, I thought of an alternative explanation which makes her story possible.

Did people consider that he wanted her to leash her dog so it could be restrained so that he could attack her? It certainly isn't unknown that attackers want to neutralize dogs. It would fit with her complaint, but it apparently didn't happen that way since she didn't tell the story that way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2020 at 10:50:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

Did people consider that he wanted her to leash her dog so it could be restrained so that he could attack her? It certainly isn't unknown that attackers want to neutralize dogs. It would fit with her complaint, but it apparently didn't happen that way since she didn't tell the story that way.

I posted the video in another thread
A leashed dog can still be a ferocious weapon.
I knew a guy that liked to walk his leashed pit bull dog in sketchy neighborhoods
Walking with that leashed dog is like walking with an AK47. Nobody is gonna mess with you.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2020 at 10:52:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I posted the video in another thread
A leashed dog can still be a ferocious weapon.
I knew a guy that liked to walk his leashed pit bull dog in sketchy neighborhoods
Walking with that leashed dog is like walking with an AK47. Nobody is gonna mess with you.

No doubt, but you still might lash it to a tree or a post. Certainly better than a loose canine.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2020 at 10:59:38 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
They have a duty to protect society and serve society so we can go about our business

No, they don't. Please search "Castle Rock v Gonzales", MSD Students v Broward County", and/or "Warren v District of Columbia". They have, quite literally, no duty whatsoever to protect you (unless you are in their custody). This ain't my interpretation, and I ain't one of those faithless arguers starting at a desired result and trying to stretch my facts to fit it. I just supplied my sources, go see for yourself.

I agree with you that's the way it should be and what I believed, too. Once. I'm not here to clash swords; IDGAF what you believe and I'm mostly done with my talking portion about mine. But I would prefer you head out with a little less naivete, namely, that when you set out alone you are very much alone, and should conduct yourself accordingly.

Quote: terp
That aint happening,...

As I've said lo these last ten years now.

Keep looking. As we're ramping race back up again, I suggest a perusal of the Mulford Act. Another example of how something you think you'd like is actually used for reasons I know you'd hate.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 27th, 2020 at 11:58:12 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
Please search "Castle Rock v Gonzales", MSD Students v Broward County", and/or "Warren v District of Columbia".

I just supplied my sources, go see for yourself.

He doesn't even check the stuff he posts, let alone stuff other people post. 😂😂