The Biden Presidency 2021

August 19th, 2021 at 6:28:19 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
Nobody really cares about Afghanistan

A lot of Americans care.

Where else do they grow poppies to be processed into heroin?

---Not all who shoot up are lost ---
August 19th, 2021 at 6:42:37 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I just dont have any interest in your links

Then please explain this
You had to have interest in and follow my link to make your reply.

LOL LOL
These are articles and videos from people that hate Biden.

How do you know if you don't follow my links???

If you have no interest in my links, why don't you just block me.

You can't because you are one of my best followers and must reply to almost everyone of my posts. LOL
Let's go Brandon
August 19th, 2021 at 7:02:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
A lot of Americans care.

Where else do they grow poppies to be processed into heroin?

---Not all who shoot up are lost ---

Don't care enough to have a permanent occupation with US troops.
Too see how fast the Afghan govt collapsed means the writing was on the wall.
Lost cause
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 19th, 2021 at 7:28:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
The interest isn't Afg per se, but why we stayed there for 20 years and burned trillions of dollars and lives.

Some good may yet come. It's still true that lots of people don't know what they lost until it's gone. I assume it was easier living under US occupation than
it will be with the Taliban.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 19th, 2021 at 7:34:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Some good may yet come. It's still true that lots of people don't know what they lost until it's gone. I assume it was easier living under US occupation than
it will be with the Taliban.

That is a very American bias. Nobody wants to live under the rule of another country.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 19th, 2021 at 8:00:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
That is a very American bias. Nobody wants to live under the rule of another country.

Versus what? The Taliban? Pretty sure I'd rather live under the British rule before the American Revolution, vs, Imperial Japan of WW2.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 19th, 2021 at 8:07:53 PM permalink
kenarman
Versus what? The Taliban? Pretty sure I'd rather live under the British rule before the American Revolution, vs, Imperial Japan of WW2.

But your ancestors didn't want to live under British rule. The Japanese were happy in WW2 until they lost the war.
August 19th, 2021 at 8:20:35 PM permalink
rxwine
But your ancestors didn't want to live under British rule. The Japanese were happy in WW2 until they lost the war.

Just saying, give me two bad choices, I still take the better one. Just because someone is home grown doesn't mean he'd be preferable to some foreign rule. It's a pragmatic decision, not a national origin one.
August 20th, 2021 at 6:29:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Just saying, give me two bad choices, I still take the better one. Just because someone is home grown doesn't mean he'd be preferable to some foreign rule. It's a pragmatic decision, not a national origin one.

I disagree pretty much every Caribbean Island chose independence when it had the chance. Few if any are better off than they were as a colony.
August 20th, 2021 at 6:54:13 AM permalink
rxwine
I disagree pretty much every Caribbean Island chose independence when it had the chance. Few if any are better off than they were as a colony.

It doesn't make sense to prefer your own ruthless dictator over an irritating occupation. (What we did isn't colonizing) I don't think you'd prefer an all Canadian Taliban running your country over say, the current Queen of England.