The Biden Presidency 2021

January 6th, 2021 at 10:01:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I’m sure all the Republicans who voted to block him all that time will have any brewing legal troubles fairly handled just like they fairly treated him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2021 at 10:18:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
He’s 68, so no.

Biden has already promised to put a black woman on the SC.

LOL... I forgot THAT part of the Democrat platform.

Time for me to eat some crow. To me, the 'credit' for a stock market up or down does not go with 'the man' who is President, but more so the Party in charge. I believed that the market did not react negatively to Biden winning when it appeared there would be a Republican Senate. But this morning it became clear that the Democrats control Congress and The Presidency. The market is generally up today, and around 1.8%, which is a lot. A few 'biggies' are down, like AMZN, FB, AAPL, as they are more likely to be 'regulated' by the new administration, but OVERALL, the business community is responding FAVORABLY to the all Democrat government.

My marijuana stocks are soaring! Ed must be a millionaire.....
January 6th, 2021 at 10:55:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

My marijuana stocks are soaring! Ed must be a millionaire.....

I dont really manage most of my money
I dont understand the market
I only play with about 10% of my net worth in about 25 various stocks I picked and follow like sports
So less then 1% of net worth is in MJ stocks
Most of my money is in an IRA fund or several mutual funds controlled by experts. They maybe and hopefully are investing in MJ also.

I sold my house in Aug and dumped 50k into the market and picked 25 stocks to invest and follow
I'm just a ploppy and picked what I thought would do well
I've been shocked how well some have performed
CAT up 38%
SMG up 37%
GLXZ up 35% thanks Soopoo
LUV up 33 %
BAC up 29%
F up 29%
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 2:23:10 PM permalink
terapined
Great day in the market
The stocks I personally invested in
Went up 1 whole percentage point today.
Thats killer.
Yippee. Think I'll spurge on dinner :-)
Why the market is up
We can only speculate
but
I think because the Market is seeing the adults in the room will soon be taking the reins away from the republicans
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2021 at 3:13:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Do you think Trump will leave the traditional letter to the next President? Better yet, what would it say?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2021 at 3:21:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Do you think Trump will leave the traditional letter to the next President?

He can’t spell, so no.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2021 at 3:24:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
If he did, I think it might start something like "while I believe this election was stolen from us" and after a picture was taken of it for the national archives, might be the first such letter intentionally set on fire.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 7th, 2021 at 5:11:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Great day in the market
The stocks I personally invested in
Went up 1 whole percentage point today.
Thats killer.
Yippee. Think I'll spurge on dinner :-)
Why the market is up
We can only speculate
but
I think because the Market is seeing the adults in the room will soon be taking the reins away from the republicans

A few reasons cited. Instability and uncertainty are the enemies of the markets. The clarity and certainty that Trump is gone is probably reason #1. Reason #2 has been referred to as the Manchin effect. No Green New Deal. No Supreme Court expansion.

But by any metric, overall the markets have reacted positively to an all Democrat government. Some are just attributing it to the estimated extra 2 trillion new dollars to be printed and given away in the next stimulus giveaway. If it makes you happy to hallucinate and think it is because anyone in the financial area thinks it is because the Democrats are adults when it comes to economic matters, that is your right.
January 7th, 2021 at 5:25:08 PM permalink
terapined
A few reasons cited. Instability and uncertainty are the enemies of the markets. The clarity and certainty that Trump is gone is probably reason #1. Reason #2 has been referred to as the Manchin effect. No Green New Deal. No Supreme Court expansion.

But by any metric, overall the markets have reacted positively to an all Democrat government. Some are just attributing it to the estimated extra 2 trillion new dollars to be printed and given away in the next stimulus giveaway. If it makes you happy to hallucinate and think it is because anyone in the financial area thinks it is because the Democrats are adults when it comes to economic matters, that is your right.

Its just speculation regarding the market
but
The biggest story in the country regardless of DC is the VIRUS
Pretty sure the virus just broke the record for deaths in one day in this country
I have no doubt Dems are the adults regarding the greatest enemy to this country right now.
Republican policies have actually been pro virus. Against masks. Holding superspreader events to further the spread.
The adults are now going to be in charge
January 7th, 2021 at 5:31:47 PM permalink
rxwine
If it makes you happy to hallucinate and think it is because anyone in the financial area thinks it is because the Democrats are adults when it comes to economic matters, that is your right.

Hmm ... I detect some sarcasm.

You know what probably prevents Biden to agreeing to the most radical agenda? There's no pressure to be reelected. He will likely go with more left agenda than you like, granted.