The Biden Presidency 2021

January 8th, 2021 at 5:37:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Hmm ... I detect some sarcasm.

You know what probably prevents Biden to agreeing to the most radical agenda? There's no pressure to be reelected. He will likely go with more left agenda than you like, granted.
. As well he should. Elections have consequences! I am more than ready individually for Democrat policies. Personally, I am the typical Democrat voter now.... unemployed, fixed income, pro choice, pro individual rights, climate change believer., ..... Anti some things of course..... but I am happy to see the Dems have a chance. With a few moderates checking the far left.

When Obama was elected I was not happy about it for many policy reasons. One of my friends (African-American) said he was just so happy his kids could see that our country elected a Black man that it overrode any policy differences he may have had with Obama. So I was less upset with it as a result.
I am not a one issue guy. I liked many of Trump’s policies but couldn’t vote for HIM. I like how Biden acts but couldn’t vote for him.

Go Bills!
January 8th, 2021 at 8:30:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 8th, 2021 at 9:48:13 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Did someone have a bet on that?
I know that statement doesn't resolve such a bet, but it makes it pretty clear which way it is going to go.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 8th, 2021 at 2:20:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I am not a one issue guy. I liked many of Trump’s policies but couldn’t vote for HIM. I like how Biden acts but couldn’t vote for him.

That is like a car dealer firing their best salesman because he wears bow ties but hiring a guy who dresses right but cannot close the door.
The President is a fink.
January 8th, 2021 at 6:39:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

No class
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 8th, 2021 at 6:47:03 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Quote: ams288

No class

Kinda like Bidens school boy answer. He wasn't invited anyway. Now that was taking the high ground.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 8th, 2021 at 8:01:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
That is like a car dealer firing their best salesman because he wears bow ties but hiring a guy who dresses right but cannot close the door.

Come there think about it, I’ve hired dozens of anesthesiologists throughout my career. Sometimes you want to hire not necessarily the best anesthesiologist, but the one who will be the best partner, colleague, worker.... There is more to being a good President than just policy. AZ... are you not embarrassed at how Trump behaves? As a human being? There are now a lot of talking heads saying Trump is the worst President in American history. There were some good things that happened during/because? of him. He washed them all away in his last few months. I will say unequivocally he is the worst man to ever be President. Just 12 more days...
January 9th, 2021 at 4:27:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Come there think about it, I’ve hired dozens of anesthesiologists throughout my career. Sometimes you want to hire not necessarily the best anesthesiologist, but the one who will be the best partner, colleague, worker.... There is more to being a good President than just policy. AZ... are you not embarrassed at how Trump behaves? As a human being? There are now a lot of talking heads saying Trump is the worst President in American history. There were some good things that happened during/because? of him. He washed them all away in his last few months. I will say unequivocally he is the worst man to ever be President. Just 12 more days...

Honestly I think his behavior is justified. I have said it many times, he does not attack people who are fair with him. The same talking heads said Bush43 was the worst POTUS in history. Turn off the flipping 24 hour news channels.

Take a look at how far the left will go to censor or cancel anything that does not agree with their worldview. From getting a CEO fired to trying to destroy people's businesses. Trump was attacked as he was because he was just one more that did not fit this view. But he fought back like a man. They wanted a street fight in the mud, he gave it to them.

They had to rig an election to defeat him. Now they are bringing the forces of left-wing controlled media to silence speech they do not like.

Be very afraid.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2021 at 4:56:00 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Honestly I think his behavior is justified. I have said it many times, he does not attack people who are fair with him. The same talking heads said Bush43 was the worst POTUS in history. Turn off the flipping 24 hour news channels.

Take a look at how far the left will go to censor or cancel anything that does not agree with their worldview. From getting a CEO fired to trying to destroy people's businesses. Trump was attacked as he was because he was just one more that did not fit this view. But he fought back like a man. They wanted a street fight in the mud, he gave it to them.

They had to rig an election to defeat him. Now they are bringing the forces of left-wing controlled media to silence speech they do not like.

Be very afraid.

The CEO that was in the Capitol Building? Of course he should be fired. In what world wouldn't you fire him? Do you really think it advisable, for the financial health of the company, to have a CEO who committed a crime of that nature...and if not a crime, at minimum, participated in a riot...on video?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 9th, 2021 at 5:16:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
The CEO that was in the Capitol Building? Of course he should be fired. In what world wouldn't you fire him? Do you really think it advisable, for the financial health of the company, to have a CEO who committed a crime of that nature...and if not a crime, at minimum, participated in a riot...on video?

No. The CEO was of Mozilla. And his "crime" was not favoring gay marriage. So the gay mafia forced him out.
The President is a fink.