The Biden Presidency 2021

November 9th, 2021 at 11:11:10 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
There is good news today for the Biden/Harris administration. Their approval rating is now at 66%
*the bad news is that you have to add their ratings together: Bidumb 38% and hair-ass 28%. LOL LOL
Let's go Brandon
November 9th, 2021 at 6:18:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There are so many of these now you can't keep up with it. Jumping the Shark my ass..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 10th, 2021 at 5:26:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I like the guy too
I doubt the right will ever find any corruption dirt
Keep it up Pete

I agree. No corruption. Just incompetence. He misreads the American people. Except for the FAR left. Do you think selling using American tax dollars to fix ‘our racist highway system’ is what most Americans want?

And frankly, I think him taking paternity leave during a crisis, and all but Ed realize it is such, (supply chain), is bad. If you take an important cabinet level position you need to be available.
November 10th, 2021 at 5:55:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I found an interesting article on how some of the things that Secretary Buttigieg talked about being "racist" came about. It seems that much of it was caused by government action, and a lot of it was done by liberals/progressives.

"A narrative of racially discriminatory landlords and bankers—all independent actors—has long served as an explanation for the isolation of African-Americans in certain neighborhoods in large cities. But this pervasive assumption rationalizing residential segregation in the United States ignores the long history of federal, state and local policies that generated the residential segregation found across the country today."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-federal-government-intentionally-racially-segregated-american-cities-180963494/

The challenge is to allow things to change while not just standing around tossing out the word "racist" to try to pin it on people. Many of the people who caused it are long since dead and racial rhetoric will not fix it. What will fix it is doing smart things to change things and create policies to change the way things happen moving forward.

If there was a bridge built to block buses from taking minority folks to the beach, is there by now an alternative route? In other words, stuff may have happened and we can acknowledge that without "fixing" a problem if it is already resolved another way. Then we need policies to replace the failed polices of those who allowed/caused the segregation in the first place.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:01:29 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: SOOPOO
I agree. No corruption. Just incompetence. He misreads the American people. Except for the FAR left. Do you think selling using American tax dollars to fix ‘our racist highway system’ is what most Americans want?

And frankly, I think him taking paternity leave during a crisis, and all but Ed realize it is such, (supply chain), is bad. If you take an important cabinet level position you need to be available.

Some on the left are as bad as the most ardent "Trumper" about defending the current administration...perhaps we should call them "Bidenistas"...

I am not comparing based on every action; Trump did some ridiculous things. I am comparing defending the indefensible. The Secretary of Transportation has a responsibility to do his job, or make sure that it is getting done, every single day he is in office. I have no problem with him taking time off for "paternity leave", but that does not negate the importance of his position nor the need to get the job done with a leader overseeing the entire operation. The administration's position seems to be that is okay to be absent and to leave a void in the operation of a very important department.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:05:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

The last administration catered only to the far right. I see no problem whatsoever to this one doing the same for the left. Elections have consequences.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 10th, 2021 at 6:23:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
“It’s a pandemic-driven buying surge unlike one that we’ve ever seen from the American consumer,” Gene Seroka, executive director of the Port of Los Angeles, said at a press conference in February. Meanwhile, COVID-19 has kept many workers away from their jobs, and rail, truck, terminal and vessel operators are struggling to keep up, Seroka said.

The pandemic has exacerbated a situation that’s been building for years, as growing consumer demand for imported products comes up against an aging supply chain, John McLaurin, president of the Pacific Merchant Shipping Association, said in an interview with FactCheck.org.

“We’ve never seen this amount of cargo,” McLaurin said. “At some point, you can’t violate the laws of physics. You can only move it so fast; you can only pile it so high, and then you just run out of space. We’re at that point, and we have been for a while.”

So Pete should be there looking like he can fix something that has been building for years. Okay. And he does have a deputy which has been pointed out.

Quote:
The problem isn’t unique to the U.S., he noted. “It’s happening all over the world. There’s congestion throughout the supply chain.”

Pete could have fixed the whole world had he not been on paternity leave. Okay.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/posts-spread-baseless-claims-about-cause-of-cargo-ship-backups/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 10th, 2021 at 6:31:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
The last administration catered only to the far right. I see no problem whatsoever to this one doing the same for the left. Elections have consequences.

Except Biden is NOT the far left. In actuality, there are only a handful of Congressmen and Senators who are far left. Fortunately, they have poisoned the American people against the entire Democrat Party. Elections for have consequences, and I am guessing they will not be what you want a year from today. And fortunately, having Manchin and Sinema mitigates the consequences you thought the 2020 election had. Remember, Manchin and Sinema were elected too.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:57:40 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Pete could have fixed the whole world had he not been on paternity leave. Okay.

This is typical of the answers given on TV by Bidenistas. Total support for a failed leader.

Two things:

--A leader may not be able to immediately fix every problem.

--A leader dos not just hide the problems, ignore it, blame on everyone else, etc. without at the very least presenting a plan for how to overcome it that is reasonable and plausible.

The Biden Administration runs like a Senator's office. Senators do not have to be leaders. Senators are part of a group of 100. They are not called upon to solve problems themselves or to take charge of situations. People who have been Senators, never run a company (other than an LLC used partially to avoid taxes, which is not necessarily wrong or illegal, but the LLC does not really need "led"...), and had no real leadership role as a VP don't generally understand leadership very well.

Sometimes the news is bad. You have to make a plan to change things and work the plan. You have to speak coherently about what you are doing. Cackling, laughing, etc. are not part of that. 81 million people asked for a better President. A lot of them are feeling a little silly about that choice now.
November 10th, 2021 at 7:01:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
This is typical of the answers given on TV by Bidenistas. Total support for a failed leader.

Two things:

--A leader may not be able to immediately fix every problem.

--A leader dos not just hide the problems, ignore it, blame on everyone else, etc. without at the very least presenting a plan for how to overcome it that is reasonable and plausible.

The Biden Administration runs like a Senator's office. Senators do not have to be leaders. Senators are part of a group of 100. They are not called upon to solve problems themselves or to take charge of situations. People who have been Senators, never run a company (other than an LLC used partially to avoid taxes, which is not necessarily wrong or illegal, but the LLC does not really need "led"...), and had no real leadership role as a VP don't generally understand leadership very well.

Sometimes the news is bad. You have to make a plan to change things and work the plan. You have to speak coherently about what you are doing. Cackling, laughing, etc. are not part of that. 81 million people asked for a better President. A lot of them are feeling a little silly about that choice now.

We'll see who is the better president at the end of 4 years. (if he lives that long)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?