The Biden Presidency 2021

November 21st, 2021 at 7:42:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Here's what you might consider about chargers to rioters and determining what they deserve.

Case 1. A rioter in Portland may break windows or cause some other building damage to a Federal building but lets' say there's no mention of takeover of government, or killing people or holding people hostage by this person. But there is real damage.

Case 2. A caller makes a phone call. "There's a bomb at the airport" It's completely fake. He's planted no bomb. He only picked up a phone.

Who do you think is going to get the worst penalty when caught?

Same idea of people making claiming of serious action against the capitol, or congress members. Oh, they weren't serious? It's a joke. To be determined.

If you're attacking police officers and trying to break through lines, yelling "Hang Mike Pence" or "We're coming to get you, Nancy" you sure aren't make a good case for yourself.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2021 at 8:03:01 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Here's what you might consider about chargers to rioters and determining what they deserve.

Case 1. A rioter in Portland may break windows or cause some other building damage to a Federal building but lets' say there's no mention of takeover of government, or killing people or holding people hostage by this person. But there is real damage.

Case 2. A caller makes a phone call. "There's a bomb at the airport" It's completely fake. He's planted no bomb. He only picked up a phone.

Same idea of people making claiming of serious action against the capitol, or congress members. Oh, they weren't serious? It's a joke. To be determined.

If you're attacking police officers and trying to break through lines, yelling "Hang Mike Pence" or "We're coming to get you, Nancy" you sure aren't make a good case for yourself.

The only equivalence between the different events is the need to prosecute those who broke the law by breaking into places, trespassing, destroying property, etc.

If you were in one of the buildings where they started fires, looted, broke windows, etc. you would probably feel quite threatened.

If they threatened members of Congress or the Vice President, or the people protecting them, prosecute them.

If they call in a bomb threat, prosecute them.

If they looted, stealing the livelihoods of other people, set fires, destroyed property, threw rocks or other items at people, prosecute them.

I am not ''for" anyone that faces prosecution for their actions and their guilt can be decided by plea, by a judge, or by a jury.

I just think a LOT more people should face prosecution.
November 21st, 2021 at 8:19:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC

The only equivalence between the different events is the need to prosecute those who broke the law by breaking into places, trespassing, destroying property, etc.

If you were in one of the buildings where they started fires, looted, broke windows, etc. you would probably feel quite threatened.

If they threatened members of Congress or the Vice President, or the people protecting them, prosecute them.

If they call in a bomb threat, prosecute them.

If they looted, stealing the livelihoods of other people, set fires, destroyed property, threw rocks or other items at people, prosecute them.

I am not ''for" anyone that faces prosecution for their actions and their guilt can be decided by plea, by a judge, or by a jury.

I just think a LOT more people should face prosecution.

I'm just pointing out how important it is to look at things other than actual damage. If you followed the Rittenhouse trial, you know the prosecution was going to use anything at all he said or did that would that would put a dent in a pure self-defense claim down to literally seconds of time. And his defense team had to defend all his actions at the level also.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2021 at 8:44:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I'm just pointing out how important it is to look at things other than actual damage. If you followed the Rittenhouse trial, you know the prosecution was going to use anything at all he said or did that would that would put a dent in a pure self-defense claim down to literally seconds of time. And his defense team had to defend all his actions at the level also.

So to follow your reasoning through to this forum. Under your rules it is just as bad to say you hope something bad happens to someone as to actually do it. I expect you are guilty of sedition under those rules for many of the things you wished on Trump.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 21st, 2021 at 8:53:06 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

I haven't said that all crimes are the same; I have said that the crimes against the community (and Congress) need to be prosecuted. Letting people get away with them encourages similar behavior. Allowing crimes, as they are with shoplifting in California, to go unchecked is a recipe for further crimes. Stopping crimes helps stop other crimes. Most people, not all, don't want to see the inside of a jail cell. I was in one a couple of years ago--installing a camera system after a detainee committed suicide--and it was a horrible feeling just visiting.

There are various levels. Prosecute at the appropriate level.

Rittenhouse? That was a horse of a different color. Wildly overcharged way before they took the time to look at the evidence and charge correctly. The DA sent one of his deputies to prosecute it, why? It seems that they knew they had a stinker of a case aided by the push of the media and politicians. The ADA was horrible and made lots of errors earning the ire of the judge. I did not watch 100% of it and I am not a lawyer, but I saw enough to think the defense could work. Rittenhouse on the stand made a huge difference, in my opinion. We will see what the jurors say when they are interviewed. Perhaps charged properly, the case might have ended differently.

I don't think it sets a huge precedent because it is one thing to shoot someone hitting you on the head with a skateboard and another admittedly pointing a gun at you and a whole different thing to just shoot someone. Rittenhouse probably shouldn't have been there, but that could be said of a whole lot of people that were there.
November 21st, 2021 at 8:59:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
So to follow your reasoning through to this forum. Under your rules it is just as bad to say you hope something bad happens to someone as to actually do it. I expect you are guilty of sedition under those rules for many of the things you wished on Trump.

No, I would say that if that's what I meant.

But there are crimes that only require a phone call to commit. Or even just say.
November 21st, 2021 at 12:15:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

He wants the country to heal.

You must be joking, Captain Poopypants could give one poop in his pants about this country. His only interests are enriching his own family and sniffing little girls hair. And for once I'm not joking, those are Beijing Joe's priorities. Heal the country, LOL.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2021 at 1:49:58 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Watch little girl defend herself from creepy dear leader poopy pants crop dusting house plant dementia joe bidumb. SMART GIRL.

Let's go Brandon
November 21st, 2021 at 2:34:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Watch little girl defend herself from creepy dear leader poopy pants crop dusting house plant dementia joe bidumb. SMART GIRL.

I’ll pass.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 2:55:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just saw hilarious interview on CNN with Bozo Beto. She asked him three times if he's going to have Captain Poopypants campaign for him in Texas while he's running for governor. Bozo Beto would not answer, he hemmed and hawed and tap danced his ass off. Of course he doesn't want Corporal Poopypants to campaign for him, it would be the kiss of death. Look what he did for the governor of Virginia. If you're going to steal an election at least put somebody in there who can do the job.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.