Reopening fiasco?

July 19th, 2021 at 12:58:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
OK, let's shut it all down again: works for me.

Or better yet make it a REQUIREMENT that ALL Americans get vaccinated.

Shutting it down is not taking it seriously. And my body, my choice rules.

People are dying and Biden just cares about himself. He needs to do something!
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:00:43 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
People are dying! He is not doing what he needs to do. Not taking it seriously. He needs to do something about it!
Is AZD advocating for his president to issue a federal mandate... No? What then?
You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

As MrV indicated Biden has been ASKING, PLEADING even for the unvaccinated to get the jab. And as some are suggesting, it might be time for such a mandate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/19/stop-pleading-with-anti-vaxxers-start-mandating-vaccinations/

I did see a cartoon which suggested that Biden needs to stand up and tell these fools that they are right and should avoid the vaccine. Then in an act of unthinking defiance they'd all join the queue.,
July 19th, 2021 at 1:01:13 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
But if you are vaccinated why would your first thought be that you caught what you are vaccinated for?

I’m not sure it was my first thought, but I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch.

The J&J vaccine is something like 68% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID. So it’s not entirely unlikely that I will still get COVID. I took it to reduce the severity if that does happen, and to help PA hopefully reach heard immunity.

I perceive the risk of the J&J vaccine to be lower than mRNA vaccines as it’s based on vaccine tech that has been FDA approved.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:10:06 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: petroglyph
Did it quote what multiplier they were using? I read where the CDC had lowered the multiplier from 35-40 to something much lower which should help get the case rate down substantially.

Added: Get a serum test.

I just took a look at the actual lab result and it only listed the test brand. I’m not entirely sure what type of test it was now.

Maybe you can decipher - https://www.lumiradx.com/assets/pdfs/covid-19-antigen-test/sars-cov-2-antigen-test-specifications/sars-cov-2-ag-test-spec-sheet-us.pdf?v=2
July 19th, 2021 at 1:15:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: OnceDear
Is AZD advocating for his president to issue a federal mandate... No? What then?

He is parroting the words the liberals on this board used when Trump was the one in charge. You can see how you and the rest do not like it. But the point seems to be quite made.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:17:03 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: gamerfreak
I’m not sure it was my first thought, but I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch.

The J&J vaccine is something like 68% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID. .
I saw similar stats, but that was before the delta variant....
So 60 something % at stopping symptoms. A good defensive weapon, but not a magic bullet. Same with all the vaccines. None is enough on its own, as we Brits are about to find out to our peril.

"The vaccine was 66% effective at preventing moderate to severe COVID-19 in a 44,000 person global trial, the FDA said in documents ahead of a Friday meeting of independent experts who will advise the agency on emergency authorization.

New data provided by J&J to the FDA showed the vaccine was 64% effective at stopping moderate to severe cases of COVID-19 after 28 days in thousands of trial participants in South Africa where a worrying new variant has swept across the country.

Overall, the vaccine was 100% effective at stopping hospitalization 28 days after vaccination, compared with 85% at 14 days, and there were no COVID-19 deaths among those who received the shot rather than a placebo."

There is scant evidence about how effective it will be against Delta. Though J&J are being very positive in their press releases.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:18:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
He is parroting the words the liberals on this board used when Trump was the one in charge. You can see how you and the rest do not like it. But the point seems to be quite made.

Baloney.

To claim that Biden is doing nothing is a ridiculous denial of reality, plain and simple.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:19:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Baloney.

To claim that Biden is doing nothing is a ridiculous baldfaced lie, plain and simple.

Almost as much as claiming Trump did nothing was a baldfaced lie, but it was parroted over and over and over here and elsewhere.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:40:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Trump was and is an ignorant science denier and his disbelief in the clear and present danger of covid was plain to see while he was in office; since he LOST fair and square he's been a petulant child, whining and yelling how those big, bad men took away his security blanket.

Why doesn't he come out now and urge his followers to get vaccinated?

I'm sure the networks would all run free ads if he'd just step up, man up, and mask up.

Instead of "stop the steal" why not "stop the virus: get vaccinated?"

Unlike Biden, Trump's efforts were half-assed at best, and always tinged with that good old paranoia.

Biden at least seems sincere: that's leadership.
July 19th, 2021 at 1:53:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump was and is an ignorant science denier and his disbelief in the clear and present danger of covid was plain to see while he was in office; since he LOST fair and square he's been a petulant child, whining and yelling how those big, bad men took away his security blanket.

So, Biden is thus a science follower and still not taking it seriously? Is that what you are saying?

Quote:
Why doesn't he come out now and urge his followers to get vaccinated?

No need. We are intelligent enough to make our own choice on the matter.

Quote:
I'm sure the networks would all run free ads if he'd just step up, man up, and mask up.

Nothing stopping you from wearing a mask. No need for ads.

It is clear the public is not in favor of wearing masks as we see mask wearing plummet when the mandates are lifted. We also see no EOTWAWKI when they are no longer required. Texas and Florida were among the first to stop, they did fine. CA is full of mask lovers and they are going back to them because of outbreaks.

Quote:
Biden at least seems sincere: that's leadership.

Biden is clueless. One minute he says he is sending people door-to-door the next he is denying he said that. Now we are getting a resurgence under him so no real "leadership." He has done nothing. He is in way over his head and because he picked his VP based on skin color and gender she is useless as well.
The President is a fink.