Reopening fiasco?

July 19th, 2021 at 9:16:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear

It reads like an instruction manual for how to get antibodies the nasty way. .

She got vaccinated weeks ago. What else was she supposed to do hide under her bed like you do?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2021 at 9:33:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The Dow is down over eight hundred points today as I write this, reportedly due to concerns about the surge in new covid cases.

In America, the surge is due to the selfish, priggish resistance to vaccination by the unvaccinated .

Thanks for nothing, people.

Get your shot(s): "make America healthy again."
July 19th, 2021 at 9:43:07 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Evenbob
She got vaccinated weeks ago. What else was she supposed to do hide under her bed like you do?
By 'It', I meant the whole family reunion fiasco.
Your wife can make her own life choices, as do I, and I'm far from hiding under the bed.
Her sister certainly made a doozy of a choice to get in the car, coughing. I'd have deposited her at the roadside with extreme prejudice. The coughing sister going to the reunion is a case study in how personal choice can hurt or kill others, by forming superspreader events. Jeez, is that not a given, by now?

Some head of the family should maybe have set some ground-rules. Nothing too onerous, but clear. Eg. get a flow test before setting off unless double vaccinated and don't come if you are coughing.
Now the entire family is in a state of shock and nobody knows who has what because there were 70 people at the reunion some were vaccinated and some were not.
Did no-one have just a hint of foresight? Apart from you, in staying home.

So what's the plan for you and the wife, EB? are you going to isolate from her, or take your chances while you care for her? You already saw how the vaccine didn't stop her getting it, so hard to imagine you are invulnerable, vaccinated or not.
July 19th, 2021 at 10:35:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The Dow is down over eight hundred points today as I write this, reportedly due to concerns about the surge in new covid cases.

In America, the surge is due to the selfish, priggish resistance to vaccination by the unvaccinated .

Thanks for nothing, people.

Why the hate? Biden has not taken it seriously. He is letting people die! Be mad at him, not those of us making our own choice for our own bodies.

Or just stay at home where it is safe.
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2021 at 11:11:35 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
My wife had the trip from hell this weekend. Her family reunion that I quit going to years ago was Saturday. Her and six of her relatives rode together 4 hours in each direction and it turns out the one sister in the back row who has not been vaccinated yet that was coughing and sniffling tested positive for covid today. She got it from her daughter who got it from church. Everybody else in the vehicle was vaccinated but today my wife is sick. She's been around the sister that has covid-19 all week at various events. My wife has a sore throat and an elevated fever. Now the entire family is in a state of shock and nobody knows who has what because there were 70 people at the reunion some were vaccinated and some were not. Thank God I quit going years ago.

Funny timing.

I have been sick as a dog the past few days. Exact symptoms of COVID - fever, chills, cough, sore throat, pretty much every flu like symptom.

I was almost positive it was COVID since I have been around my stupid unvaccinated sister who also got sick.

I just took a COVID rapid test this morning and it was negative. Have your wife get tested, it’s super easy and free.
July 19th, 2021 at 11:37:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak

I was almost positive it was COVID since I have been around my stupid unvaccinated sister who also got sick.

So you are not vaccinated?
The President is a fink.
July 19th, 2021 at 11:42:59 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11

I just took a COVID rapid test this morning and it was negative. Have your wife get tested, it’s super easy and free.
Not super reliable with frequent false negatives, Consider getting a retest if the first is negative.
July 19th, 2021 at 12:07:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Funny timing.

I have been sick as a dog the past few days. Exact symptoms of COVID - fever, chills, cough, sore throat, pretty much every flu like symptom.

You didn't mention whether you lost your sense of smell.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2021 at 12:25:23 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are not vaccinated?

I am vaccinated.

Unvaccinated idiots can still get vaccinated people sick.
July 19th, 2021 at 12:28:08 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: OnceDear
Not super reliable with frequent false negatives, Consider getting a retest if the first is negative.

My understanding of the rapid PCR tests is opposite. False positives are frequent but false negatives are not. A quick Google search revealed they are 99.5% accurate for ruling out symptomatic COVID