Reopening fiasco?

July 10th, 2021 at 1:59:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
That number is extremely suspect.

Believe nothing they tell you. They lied about everything right from the beginning why would they stop now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2021 at 2:39:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away
We better stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?"

Ironically enough this was an anthem of the Vietnam protesters, although it seems to mirror EB's Trumpishly comical paranoia.
July 10th, 2021 at 3:57:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
I don't like long posts by anybody who has no point
to make and just rambles on until he runs out of words.

At least I get my pointless rambling done in one post. Sometimes, I even do you the favor of disappearing for a week after.

Something about participating for one's own edification; I forget who said that.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2021 at 4:06:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Mission146
Something about participating for one's own edification; I forget who said that.

"Edification"

transitive verb. 1 : to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge : uplift also : enlighten, inform.

I thought so.

EB posts voluminously in lieu of actually thinking critically and with an open mind; seeing his words on the screen allows him to conclude that "as it is written, so shall it be."

It continuously reinforces his specious world view and allows the barriers he erected to remain upright.

It's a crutch of sorts for those with hidebound, closed, unenquiring minds; a sop for people who are so convinced that they're correct in everything that they'd rather listen to themselves talk than listen with an open mind to others.

Very Trumpish.

I think Dan Quayle nailed it:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
July 10th, 2021 at 4:16:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I make no further statement regarding EB, but posts of a similar length in response to my posts will almost Universally get a few responses. Gandler and I have had some really good back and forths, same thing with AZ and myself.

OdiousGambit, as well! I swear if he and I were on a porch with a pitcher of iced tea, we'd still be chatting this time tomorrow.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2021 at 4:17:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
"Edification"

transitive verb. 1 : to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge : uplift also : enlighten, inform.

I thought so.
"

It's hilarious that you had to look it up. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2021 at 4:18:36 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
It's hilarious that you had to look it up. LOL

He looked it up to provide a precise definition that supports the point he is trying to make. Some people like to support their points rather than offering bald-faced conclusions lacking in a developmental logical process that would lend itself to those same conclusions, hence the length of many of my posts.
July 10th, 2021 at 4:20:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146
He looked it up to provide a precise definition

Not. He wrote it up because he had no idea what it means.
July 10th, 2021 at 4:21:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

My ass, he didn't. He's used words before that have had me opening Google in a new tab.
July 10th, 2021 at 4:42:13 PM permalink
missedhervee

LOL

See what I mean?

EB actually believes that I, an attorney, have no idea what "edification" means.

Hello, specious, crazy, erroneous worldview.

And the laughs keep coming.

Classic