Attaboy, Joe

Page 4 of 7<1234567>
September 10th, 2021 at 11:34:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
You can ride a motorcycle in Florida without insurance if you have a helmet. But need insurance if you don’t. To me, that’s an equitable trade and a model for other requirements.

Florida is a weird state. You can be governor if you don’t have a brain, but not if you do.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 10th, 2021 at 12:02:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Florida is a weird state. You can be governor if you don’t have a brain, but not if you do.

It's been leaning right for awhile now.

I really didn't care for his Democratic opponent who lost though. But I voted for him anyway hoping he would win.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 10th, 2021 at 1:12:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Not if they love freedom!

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
September 10th, 2021 at 3:56:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Anyone taking bets as to how long it will be till The Federalist starts deleting old stories and tweets like this one??

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 10th, 2021 at 4:15:36 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: missedhervee
Biden is taking tough action against the virus.

Bravo.

https://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-biden-requiring-federal-132444965.html

The House Plant continues to ignore the Constitution.
First it was the eviction moratorium, now its a federal vaccine mandate.
SCOTUS has only ever upheld a State's right to a vaccine mandate, not the feds.
Nice try Joe, but you're going to get bitch slapped by the SCOTUS Majority again.
Thanks again to Cocaine Mitch & The Orange Man for keeping the Totalitarian Left in check
The Dems got outplayed for sure & now Merrick is a pathetic AG trying to sue Texas, LMAO.

The hypocrisy on both sides of this is amusing though.
The Right says "My body, my choice" when it comes to vaccines.
The Left says "My body, my choice" when it comes to fetus ejection.
They both will claim that their position only affects the individual making the choice.
It isn't worth discussing why they're both wrong, so don't waste your time.

Let's just quit with the fear mongering & thin the herd already.
Dump the masks & social distancing, none of it matters if you're vaxxed & the unvaxxed don't care.
So who are we doing all this for? Why is it the vaxxed are the ones with all the fear these days?
If you don't believe you are well protected via the vax, you really shouldn't be all that upset that others refuse to be jabbed.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 10th, 2021 at 4:38:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It is important to point out, and something that I had originally missed, employers (of 100 or more employees) are not mandated to force vaccines upon all employees. However, they must implement a screening plan for unvaccinated employees (requiring testing at least once a week). So if you refuse to vaccinate you must get clearance at least once a week though a negative test and certifying that you are asymptomatic (OSHA will develop the actual standards for this to be rolled out to employers).

The plan will also require employers to provide paid days off for vaccination days so that employees do not have to stress about missing work.

I think this is a reasonable compromise which should make most people happy while encouraging good decisions.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/
September 10th, 2021 at 5:24:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JCW09

If you don't believe you are well protected via the vax, you really shouldn't be all that upset that others refuse to be jabbed.

That's the key to all this. Everybody screaming that everybody should get vaxxed are actually deathly afraid of getting covid even though they're vaxxed. If they were not, why would they care so much. Sentiments have been expressed here on what should happen to all unvaccinated people. It got a mod banned for a month. They don't give a whit how about the unvaccinated all they care about is themselves.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 10th, 2021 at 6:36:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
The House Plant continues to ignore the Constitution.
First it was the eviction moratorium, now its a federal vaccine mandate.
SCOTUS has only ever upheld a State's right to a vaccine mandate, not the feds.
Nice try Joe, but you're going to get bitch slapped by the SCOTUS Majority again.
Thanks again to Cocaine Mitch & The Orange Man for keeping the Totalitarian Left in check
The Dems got outplayed for sure & now Merrick is a pathetic AG trying to sue Texas, LMAO.

The hypocrisy on both sides of this is amusing though.
The Right says "My body, my choice" when it comes to vaccines.
The Left says "My body, my choice" when it comes to fetus ejection.
They both will claim that their position only affects the individual making the choice.
It isn't worth discussing why they're both wrong, so don't waste your time.

Let's just quit with the fear mongering & thin the herd already.
Dump the masks & social distancing, none of it matters if you're vaxxed & the unvaxxed don't care.
So who are we doing all this for? Why is it the vaxxed are the ones with all the fear these days?

Biden might have been doing the rightwing a favor. Personally, I believe the right is losing more voters on average than the left to coronavirus deaths. Republicans skew to older populations and more vulnerable. Republicans put abortion back on the table. That's also a young person's issue. Besides the polls favor the pro-choice side over banned abortion. I have no idea how things split on the border issue.

The longer this goes on with unvaccinated the more voters you may lose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 10th, 2021 at 7:17:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
OK, what we know so far is that getting vaccinated will NOT prevent you from catching covid.

It should lessen your chances of being hospitalized or dying.

But even if everyone were vaccinated, wouldn't the virus continue to be passed around?

Can there be such a thing as "herd immunity" with this thing, especially its mutating variants?

Or will we be fighting it for many years?

One thing is for sure, the politicians don't have a clear answer, because there is none.
September 10th, 2021 at 7:23:03 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
It is important to point out, and something that I had originally missed, employers (of 100 or more employees) are not mandated to force vaccines upon all employees. However, they must implement a screening plan for unvaccinated employees (requiring testing at least once a week). So if you refuse to vaccinate you must get clearance at least once a week though a negative test and certifying that you are asymptomatic (OSHA will develop the actual standards for this to be rolled out to employers).

The plan will also require employers to provide paid days off for vaccination days so that employees do not have to stress about missing work.

I think this is a reasonable compromise which should make most people happy while encouraging good decisions.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/

It’s not really a compromise.

The reason it’s not a compromise is because I will be shocked if very many employers at all go the weekly testing route because it’s a pain in the butt to do, requires additional resources and you might lose employees for two weeks at a time here and there, which wouldn’t be ideal for operations.

If the employer had come up with this method and proposed independent of Fuhrer Biden, THEN it would be a compromise. It’s not, though, because the employers are being made to do one or the other…they have no agency other than to choose from two options.

The thinking is obviously that employers won’t want to do the testing route for reasons mentioned, so the employee just goes and gets jabbed once or twice and it’s over. The only employers that are even going to deal with the testing route will be those run by individuals on the political right. Otherwise, much easier just to require vaccines.

Anyway, it’s as JCW points out…neither side has any actual principles. Not just on this, on anything…at least not the actual politicians.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 4 of 7<1234567>