Deadpool 2022

April 5th, 2022 at 2:21:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Estelle Harris, at 93

who played Mrs. Costanza in "Seinfeld" and Mrs. Potato Head in "Toy Story"

I always found her character fingernails on a chalkboard irritating which I suppose was the point. I just saw Jason what's his name who played George on a TV show playing a character. He must have gained 50 lb since he got off Seinfeld.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 12th, 2022 at 1:16:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 12th, 2022 at 1:34:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Heh, I remember him mostly for his voice and why he lost the Aflac duck gig.

after the Fukishima tidal wave -- "I just broke up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, "They'll be another floating by any minute now."

I think he did a lot of game show gigs as well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2022 at 1:14:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Seinfeld other mother dies

Liz Sheridan, who played Helen on the hit TV series "Seinfeld," died in her sleep of natural causes early Friday morning, her representative confirmed to CBS News. She had turned 93 five days before her deat
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2022 at 5:22:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Robert Morse

Best known from "Mad Men" as Bert Cooper.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2022 at 2:10:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Robert Morse

Best known from "Mad Men" as Bert Cooper.

92 years old. I remember him best from How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. That's all I ever saw him in besides Mad Men
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2022 at 2:10:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
92 years old. I remember him best from How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. That's all I ever saw him in besides Mad Men

I always wondered if the character ever did any actual work in "Mad Men." Never seemed to be.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2022 at 2:45:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
I always wondered if the character ever did any actual work in "Mad Men." Never seemed to be.

Get to the very top you don't have to work. I had insurance agent at State Farm in the nineties who was in his sixties and worked at State Farm all his life. He was head honcho for a big office he spent exactly one hour a day there in the morning. He spent the rest of the time on his boat in Lake Michigan. Even in the winter when the boat was docked. Never met the guy and he was my agent for almost 10 years. The woman who ran the office barely knew him. He made big bucks and did no work at all.
April 22nd, 2022 at 6:13:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Get to the very top you don't have to work. I had insurance agent at State Farm in the nineties who was in his sixties and worked at State Farm all his life. He was head honcho for a big office he spent exactly one hour a day there in the morning. He spent the rest of the time on his boat in Lake Michigan. Even in the winter when the boat was docked. Never met the guy and he was my agent for almost 10 years. The woman who ran the office barely knew him. He made big bucks and did no work at all.

That is awesome. Be the boss and hire the right people and you shouldn't have to work.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 22nd, 2022 at 7:04:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
That is awesome. Be the boss and hire the right people and you shouldn't have to work.

I remember my dad told us about how he had a job trying to sell life insurance door to door. He didn't make it sound like a fun job. It was a great day if he got even 1 sale for walking all day. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy at the top was living it up.