Bob Lutz
Doyle Brunson
Donald Sutherland
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2022 at 8:03:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
It does not look good for the Queen. Family members rushing to be at her side in Balmoral. Source: BBC

If this is it, may she go peacefully.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 8th, 2022 at 10:40:17 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
It does not look good for the Queen. Family members rushing to be at her side in Balmoral. Source: BBC

She just died at least 7 minutes ago..😢😥 RIP, Queen. Truly the end of an era! 😥😢😱😱😱😱😱😱 On another Website, someone updated their thread from something like,"Queen is seriously in bad health," to Queen has just passed," roughly 7 minutes ago.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 8th, 2022 at 11:36:39 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Wizard

Thanks Wizard.

The way the news has been managed over the past few days, it was obvious that she would pass away today. She was almost certainly strongly medicated for the past several hours and would have passed away a few hours before the announcement.

As a Brit, and not particularly a Royalist, I can tell you that she was deeply respected by most of us and loved by many. The TV is full of it, with everyone wearing black. It's emotional for most of us and this will be a period of deep national mourning.

On a brighter note, we now get to learn the words of a new National Anthem. $:o)

The Queen Is Dead: God Save The King!
September 8th, 2022 at 11:51:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear

The Queen Is Dead: God Save The King!

It absolutely seems like there is a major era changeover. Going to be odd seeing a coronation in the modern world.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2022 at 12:27:12 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
Going to be odd seeing a coronation in the modern world.

I have to agree. Expect to see some very surreal pomp and ceremony as we mourn Her Majesty and as we go on to Crown King Charles. We will make a far bigger deal of the Queens death than we will of Charles's coronation.

In Royal circles here, the UK Royal family are jocularly referred to as 'The Firm'. It a very long lived and established 'Establishment'

If anyone is interested in what will change under the reign of King Charles.... Extremely little. He has occasionally spouted somewhat political ideas. You can expect that to stop. He will work to a multi-generational protocol.
September 8th, 2022 at 12:39:50 PM permalink
OnceDear
An amusing anecdote.....

On a UK based non-gambling forum of which I'm a member, the admin has just announced

"A sad day for The United Kingdom.

All respect will be expected on [forum name]

Anything less will mean an instant ban."

Such is the national respect that we have for Her Majesty. Not respect for the Royal Family as an institution but respect for Her as an individual.
I thank all here who have expressed interest and shown due respect, or have held back any negative opinions.
September 8th, 2022 at 12:54:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I have always admired Elizabeth, and over the years as I learned more about her my respect broadened.

Talk about sacrificing ones' personal life for the public good: she personified what it is to be a Royal.

Elegant, unflappable, yet very human.

RIP