Deadpool 2022

January 17th, 2022 at 4:09:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'd be fine with an Audi R8. Have no idea of the reliability or difficulty of working on it. The price tag, I can read just fine though.

Looks nicer in person than in pics, IMO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2022 at 5:02:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
For entry level performance at an affordable price I'd recommend Mazda Miata, VW Golf R, or Toyota GR86.

Next up, maybe Ford GT or a performance Camaro if you like American cars, or new Supra.

Then, new Stingray, or a higher end German car.

For ultimate real world car: upcoming '23 Corvette Z06 with a flat plane crank, ala Ferrari; also Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 (probably the best, most balanced handling car built today).
January 17th, 2022 at 6:20:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
For entry level performance at an affordable price I'd recommend Mazda Miata, VW Golf R, or Toyota GR86.

Next up, maybe Ford GT or a performance Camaro if you like American cars, or new Supra.

Then, new Stingray, or a higher end German car.

For ultimate real world car: upcoming '23 Corvette Z06 with a flat plane crank, ala Ferrari; also Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 (probably the best, most balanced handling car built today).

No longer in the market for sports cars. However I'm still tempted by 2 wheelers, but probably need to stay away from them. Getting bones healed up is PITA the older you get.

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ Would like a nice electric.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2022 at 7:12:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The Audi you referred to is very sporty.

For one vehicle that can do it all, consider Mazda CX-5 Turbo with AWD.

We bought one in '21 and I am very impressed with it.

The fit and finish is Audi level and the handling is by far the best in class; not a sports car but quite sporty with great road feel.

The turbo gives ample power, and AWD is always a benefit.

Lots of storage space in this mid-size SUV with folding rear seats.

Looks good too, especially the Carbon Edition trim level we got (we opted for black, not red seats).

YMMV.
January 18th, 2022 at 8:22:48 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: missedhervee
The Audi you referred to is very sporty.

For one vehicle that can do it all, consider Mazda CX-5 Turbo with AWD.

We bought one in '21 and I am very impressed with it.

The fit and finish is Audi level and the handling is by far the best in class; not a sports car but quite sporty with great road feel.

The turbo gives ample power, and AWD is always a benefit.

Lots of storage space in this mid-size SUV with folding rear seats.

Looks good too, especially the Carbon Edition trim level we got (we opted for black, not red seats).

YMMV.

Funny you mention the CX-5. I have a 2019 CX-5 Turbo with AWD, metallic gray with white leather seats. It’s the most enjoyable to drive car I’ve ever had. I probably spent more than I should have for a car but I don’t regret a penny of it. Rear seat leg room isn’t great.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 18th, 2022 at 8:28:13 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
As far as sports cars go, (that’s what this thread is about right?). I’m tempted by the new Nissan Z coming out in a few months. 400 hp. Twin turbo. Available with manual transmission.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 18th, 2022 at 8:59:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: JimRockford
As far as sports cars go, (that’s what this thread is about right?). I’m tempted by the new Nissan Z coming out in a few months. 400 hp. Twin turbo. Available with manual transmission.

Deadpool/Driving. Both start with D. Good enough.
January 18th, 2022 at 9:13:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Deadpool/Driving. Both start with D. Good enough.
Is that an old Kennedy joke?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 18th, 2022 at 9:15:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Is that an old Kennedy joke?

Not one I heard. Must be an Edward reference.
January 19th, 2022 at 9:44:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.