Deadpool 2022

January 19th, 2022 at 9:54:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The mainstream media it's rolling around on the floor having orgasm after orgasm because the president of the United States is going to hold a news conference today! Why are they excited? Because he never has them!

Will he talk about anything new? Hell no. He will take a bunch of already known questions from a handful of people in the audience then he'll totter off for his nap. I guarantee this will be a snoozefest nothingburger news conference because that's all he's got.

Is somebody off their meds?

Why is this in the Deadpool thread?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2022 at 10:04:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
The mainstream media it's rolling around on the floor having orgasm after orgasm because the president of the United States is going to hold a news conference today! Why are they excited? Because he never has them!

Will he talk about anything new? Hell no. He will take a bunch of already known questions from a handful of people in the audience then he'll totter off for his nap. I guarantee this will be a snoozefest nothingburger news conference because that's all he's got.

I've never watched a Biden press conference
Even though I lean left, I simply don't care
He beat Trump, mission accomplished
I wasnt even aware one was coming up
Looks like righties are addicted mainstream media
No doubt righties will be watching the press conference very closely.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2022 at 1:19:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

I've never watched a Biden press conference
Even though I lean left, I simply don't care
He beat Trump, mission accomplished
I wasnt even aware one was coming up
Looks like righties are addicted mainstream media
No doubt righties will be watching the press conference very closely.

You consider a real press conference ‘mainstream media’? To me, it is one time I can hear the POTUS directly. Of course if the specific media representatives are pre-selected, it does diminish the value. I would hope ‘righties’ and ‘lefties’ would both be watching the POTUS answer questions.
January 19th, 2022 at 2:26:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

You consider a real press conference ‘mainstream media’? To me, it is one time I can hear the POTUS directly. Of course if the specific media representatives are pre-selected, it does diminish the value. I would hope ‘righties’ and ‘lefties’ would both be watching the POTUS answer questions.

I would not waste my time. Not for a press conference, not for the SOTU in March. March, because they do not want to go up against sports on TV. All we will hear is him whine about the GOP, whine about Democrat Senators who will not get rid of the filibuster for his bills. Maybe he will explain how Russia is about to take Ukraine so that can be added to foreign policy failures on his watch.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 2:50:21 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO

I had absolutely no idea Biden was having a press conference today until I saw EB’s off-topic post in this thread.

I didn’t watch. As long as Biden is still doing a good job not being Donny, he can say whatever he wants.
January 19th, 2022 at 7:32:44 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I had absolutely no idea Biden was having a press conference today until I saw EB’s off-topic post in this thread.

I didn’t watch. As long as Biden is still doing a good job not being Donny, he can say whatever he wants.

I think the luster of him not being Donny has worn off for the majority of people. He started with an easy positive approval rating because, as AZ points out, he didn’t send out mean tweets. But now that he is being actually evaluated for what he is doing, what, is his approval rating like 33%? Other than not being Donny, he hasn’t accomplished anything! I’ll take that back. The infrastructure bill likely doesn’t get passed without Biden’s hands on it. Apparently states are socking away that money to build surpluses. (As opposed to using it all on, you know, infrastructure!)

Edit…. Didn’t realize this was Deadpool thread.
January 21st, 2022 at 2:06:06 AM permalink
ddloml
Threads: 1
Meat Loaf - age 74. Rock singer and ‘Eddie’ in “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”.
January 21st, 2022 at 7:32:54 AM permalink
ams288
Louie Anderson, 68

Bad day for jolly fat celebrities.
January 21st, 2022 at 7:43:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Louie Anderson, 68

Bad day for jolly fat celebrities.

That's about the age I would have expected. He never really liked the salad bar.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2022 at 8:05:16 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
That's about the age I would have expected. He never really liked the salad bar.

Honestly he was lucky to live as long as he did.

He had a cartoon show loosely based on his childhood that I used to watch as a kid. I think that’s what most people my age will remember him most for.