Deadpool 2022

January 14th, 2022 at 8:42:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It seems like it depends on the car! I had to change a taillight once which would not normally be a problem, except it required some non-standard sized Allen wrench that I couldn't find anywhere!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 9:19:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I probably watch more YouTube than cable TV, and I rely heavily on what their algorithm recommends, based on my viewing history.

The commercials irk me and while I know I can pay YouTube to have no commercials I stupidly continue to resist doing so.

YouTube allows me to "see the world" in an intimate manner, through the eyes / lens of others.

Oddly enough I now watch quite a few fishing videos, especially "618 fishing" where a personable host fishes spillways near St. Louis.
January 14th, 2022 at 9:53:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
I probably watch more YouTube than cable TV, and I rely heavily on what their algorithm recommends, based on my viewing history.

The commercials irk me and while I know I can pay YouTube to have no commercials I stupidly continue to resist doing so.

YouTube allows me to "see the world" in an intimate manner, through the eyes / lens of others.

Oddly enough I now watch quite a few fishing videos, especially "618 fishing" where a personable host fishes spillways near St. Louis.

I don't mind the commercials on the longer videos; that's how TV worked. Have to keep the lights on. The only time they bother me is when it's some 15 second commercial for a video of three, or fewer, minutes.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 10:31:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
My couple tips to watching informational videos.

1) Hey, you can stop the video for each step you want to complete instead of letting it run. Seems obvious, but I didn't do it at first.

2) That speed control in the thing that looks like a gear. Save time and speed it up. You can listen faster than most people talk.

OTOH, sometimes you want to slow something down so you can catch all the details.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2022 at 10:38:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Oh tip number 3. If you have your own channel you can save videos to your own channel.

Like for instance, you want to save all channels where someone is making a dungeon in their basement. Then you find them again all in one place.

That's for videos you may want to reference again even after you watched them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2022 at 10:57:20 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
Like for instance, you want to save all channels where someone is making a dungeon in their basement.

You concern me Script Wine.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 15th, 2022 at 1:22:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I canceled Netflix because I watched more YouTube. What is neat is when you find someone watches the same channel as you do. Even channels that get a million views have a one-to-one feel about them. .

I often get a feeling of small town community when I watch some of these YouTube channels. There is something so personal about them and these people are not professional entertainers. There's a couple who goes around to car shows and to antique malls that I watch. I really enjoy Jay Leno's Garage because he doesn't seem like a mega rich Superstar he feels like a regular guy talking to you about cars. Way too many cooking channels that I watch. Mikey Chen, Mark Wiens, the Best Food Channel Review Show really is the best. In the summer I watch hiking videos of people on the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail and the Continental Divide Trail. Watching them do stuff that I would never do in a million years at any time of my life. So many channels I'm subscribed to I would have no time for television. I still do Netflix and Prime because there are series that I watch on there. The new Jack Reacher series is coming out February 4th and it looks pretty good.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2022 at 1:33:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I often get a feeling of small town community when I watch some of these YouTube channels. There is something so personal about them and these people are not professional entertainers. There's a couple who goes around to car shows and to antique malls that I watch. I really enjoy Jay Leno's Garage because he doesn't seem like a mega rich Superstar he feels like a regular guy talking to you about cars. Way too many cooking channels that I watch. Mikey Chen, Mark Wiens, the Best Food Channel Review Show really is the best. In the summer I watch hiking videos of people on the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail and the Continental Divide Trail. Watching them do stuff that I would never do in a million years at any time of my life. So many channels I'm subscribed to I would have no time for television. I still do Netflix and Prime because there are series that I watch on there. The new Jack Reacher series is coming out February 4th and it looks pretty good.

The only time I had a sort of issue with Jay Leno's Garage was once he said "Lets step to the Lamborghini section of the garage." Who can say that with a straight face?

People I know want me to start a channel.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2022 at 2:57:02 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
The only time I had a sort of issue with Jay Leno's Garage was once he said "Lets step to the Lamborghini section of the garage." Who can say that with a straight face?

People I know want me to start a channel.

If you do start a channel please don't embarrass yourself and start anywhere below the Ferrari section of the garage,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 17th, 2022 at 3:16:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
FWIW Jay Leno is not a Ferrari fan.

I can sort of understand why.

I owned one for about ten years and like they say about owning a boat: the happiest day of my life was when I bought it, the second happiest was when I sold it.

Other than the hand built cache and styling there is little positive to say about them.

I could have equaled or surpassed my 456 GT's performance for much less money; parts were hideously expensive, the car kept having problems, and it was a royal PITA to work on.

I bought it hoping to maintain it myself but soon realized I was way over my head with this one: it ain't as easy to work on as a Volvo redblock engine or an older American V-8, which is what I'm used to working on.

They're OK I suppose if it's not a daily driver and you don't mind paying buckets full of money to mechanics to keep it tip-top.

Think of it as an "accessory," akin to a high quality Swiss watch; something to show the world you've "made it."