The Biden Presidency 2022

January 18th, 2022 at 10:12:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
There is a crisis--Covid--and he has done horrible at handling it. By his own words, he should resign for allowing so many deaths under his watch. He said Trump should have done so; why is he not a man who holds himself to the same standard?

He screwed up the Afghanistan withdrawal and turned into more of a goat rope than it should have been. He could have changed the plan if Trump's plan was not good enough.

He has opened the border to try and bring in future voters but also allowing tons of drugs and human smuggling by the drug cartels. Only idiots want wide open borders without control of what is coming into our country.

He could do SOME things about things that are out there.

He could work on that unity thing.

He won't do anything. The puppet masters won't let him. He is an empty shell...or worse yet...he is really doing these things on his own...

Nothing he can do about covid because of republican governors pro virus policies
The best way to get out of Afghanistan is too just get out.
Look how many lives were saved. How many Americans died in Afghanistan this month as opposed to last January.
Lives were saved.
Open the border. We need the employees
Half my family are immigrants. All work hard
Let's let them in
I wasn't born in this country. Of course I support immigration
Open borders actually mean less Mexicans living in the US. If they can't freely cross for migrant work then they stay in the US.
The biggest border problem are the airports, that's where the majority get in.
What are "SOME" things? Tucking you in at night?
What puppet masters? Deep state? Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2022 at 10:47:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
https://special.usps.com/testkits

Order your free Covid test kits now.

*not applicable to non-Americans or insurrectionist righties
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 18th, 2022 at 11:53:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC
There is a crisis--Covid--and he has done horrible at handling it. By his own words, he should resign for allowing so many deaths under his watch. He said Trump should have done so; why is he not a man who holds himself to the same standard?

He screwed up the Afghanistan withdrawal and turned into more of a goat rope than it should have been. He could have changed the plan if Trump's plan was not good enough.

He has opened the border to try and bring in future voters but also allowing tons of drugs and human smuggling by the drug cartels. Only idiots want wide open borders without control of what is coming into our country.

He could do SOME things about things that are out there.

He could work on that unity thing.

He won't do anything. The puppet masters won't let him. He is an empty shell...or worse yet...he is really doing these things on his own...

Because Trump compared himself to Obama's swine flu numbers until, obviously, that became a very bad comparison for him. The first few months of Trump's Covid response consisted of gambling and guessing so that he could come out of it looking like a genius when the pandemic turned out to be much ado about not very much, except he picked the wrong side to lay his chips.

And, don't even go the, "We're not talking about Trump route," because everybody's comparing Biden to Trump and only suggesting that not be done when it is unhelpful to their position.

I disagree with your take on the borders, naturally. I agree with, "That unity thing," but as if that was ever Trump's strong point...lol

I didn't vote for him and he does seem to be mostly an empty shell. An empty shell is, in my opinion, still preferable to Trump. Hopefully, this path of gradual improvement will lead to the next POTUS being better---particularly in the unity regard. In my view, setting the tone for political discourse in this country may well be the most important thing that the POTUS does. Obama and Clinton (who directly worked with Republicans) were great at that and even the second Bush didn't hurt the cause...one thing about Bush the Younger is that I don't think he despised anyone...which would be an improvement by itself over Trump and Biden.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 18th, 2022 at 12:12:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I seem to have heard that Trump / Trumpies blame covid for Trump's defeat.

Not me: I blame Trump for simply being Trump.

Very polarizing guy, you either love him or hate him.
January 18th, 2022 at 12:13:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
What's got you in there? How does your prognosis look?

Don't want to get into detail but I will most likely survive this.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 18th, 2022 at 12:22:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich

Not that it is of any relevance in the grand scheme of things, but I'm personally glad to hear that. ;)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 18th, 2022 at 12:24:31 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: missedhervee
I seen to have heard that Trump / Trumpies blame covid for Trump's defeat.

Not me: I blame Trump for simply being Trump.

Very polarizing guy, you either love him or hate him.

I think that might be a fair characterization. There can be no question that it contributed to his defeat, but in the relevant states, we'll never really know to what extent.

It's not a particularly close comparison, but the closest I can come up with for a POTUS in my lifetime is Bush's handling of 9/11. Granted, the way to handle 9/11 (in terms of public appearances) was very straightforward, but he absolutely nailed it.
January 18th, 2022 at 12:28:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

Cool
In Ocala now
Closer to you my next month of camping in Tampa
Hopefully up for lunch sometime later next month :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2022 at 12:38:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Mission146
It's not a particularly close comparison, but the closest I can come up with for a POTUS in my lifetime is Bush's handling of 9/11.

They say history repeats itself.

The country has seen this sort of division before: hello, Civil War. Greetings, The New Deal. Howdy, Nixon and 'Nam.
January 18th, 2022 at 1:47:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Cool
In Ocala now
Closer to you my next month of camping in Tampa
Hopefully up for lunch sometime later next month :-)

Are you going to Silver Springs? That's about the only thing I can think of near Ocala.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?