The Biden Presidency 2022

January 19th, 2022 at 12:08:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The mainstream media it's rolling around on the floor having orgasm after orgasm because the president of the United States is going to hold a news conference today! Why are they excited? Because he never has them!

Will he talk about anything new? Hell no. He will take a bunch of already known questions from a handful of people in the audience then he'll totter off for his nap. I guarantee this will be a snoozefest nothingburger news conference because that's all he's got.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2022 at 11:39:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
The mainstream media it's rolling around on the floor having orgasm after orgasm because the president of the United States is going to hold a news conference today! Why are they excited? Because he never has them!

Will he talk about anything new? Hell no. He will take a bunch of already known questions from a handful of people in the audience then he'll totter off for his nap. I guarantee this will be a snoozefest nothingburger news conference because that's all he's got.
the idiot gave a signal to Putin that as long as his invasion of Ukraine isn't too ambitious he'll get a pass

Quote: Biden
“It’s one thing if it’s a minor incursion"
His handlers tried to explain it away as saying a cyber attack or somesuch is the 'minor incursion' Biden meant. But if I was Putin I'd figure I got the go-ahead

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/19/biden-ukraine-russia-527440
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 20th, 2022 at 2:36:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Got $57 worth of groceries delivered by Walmart today. I figured it out item by item and the same order a few months ago would have cost $44. And there was absolutely no meat or dairy in my order. Things like a can of mushrooms the cost $0.57 a short time ago are now $0.92 a can. Or cat food that has gone up $1.30 a bag. Some of these price jumps are 35% - 40%. I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime and I've been going to the store regularly since 1965. Usually things will go up a few pennies, not go from 99 cents to $1.35. And I don't buy processed food which is where a lot of the major increases are happening, the stuff families eat. I can only imagine if you're feeding yourself your wife and two or three teenagers what this is going to do to your budget. Did Captain Poopypants address this at all in his 5 hour press conference yesterday? Hell no, he probably doesn't even know it's happening. Or care.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2022 at 2:51:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Got $57 worth of groceries delivered by Walmart today. I figured it out item by item and the same order a few months ago would have cost $44. And there was absolutely no meat or dairy in my order. Things like a can of mushrooms the cost $0.57 a short time ago are now $0.92 a can. Or cat food that has gone up $1.30 a bag. Some of these price jumps are 35% - 40%. I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime and I've been going to the store regularly since 1965. Usually things will go up a few pennies, not go from 99 cents to $1.35. And I don't buy processed food which is where a lot of the major increases are happening, the stuff families eat. I can only imagine if you're feeding yourself your wife and two or three teenagers what this is going to do to your budget. Did Captain Poopypants address this at all in his 5 hour press conference yesterday? Hell no, he probably doesn't even know it's happening. Or care.

Yeah, and the minimum wage hasn't even gone up to $15/hour yet...though it probably won't anytime soon.

If they didn't believe me before, I'd hope they'd be singing a different tune now.

Businesses are simply NOT going to eat increased costs, for anything, without passing them on to consumers. When they do pass them on to consumers in the form of increased prices, it's a safe bet they will overcompensate.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 20th, 2022 at 3:19:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, and the minimum wage hasn't even gone up to $15/hour yet...though it probably won't anytime soon.

It's going to hit people on Social Security hard. They got a small increase for cost-of-living this year but that was totally eclipsed by Medicare monthly payment going from $148 to 170. And now food costs are going up anywhere from 5% to 45%. And pet food. The bird seed that I buy at Walmart was $5.79 a bag three months ago now it's over $9 a bag. Fast food restaurant prices have gone up 7% to 10% and will go higher now that beef cost is going up 20%. This will hit the lower classes hardest they're the ones that keep McDonald's and Burger King and Popeyes in business. I saw a video yesterday of a Chick-fil-A where from 3 p.m. To 6 p.m. there was never less than 35 cars in the drive-up lane. Chicken prices are going through the roof to. I was getting a 3 lb bag of chicken breast from Walmart a couple months ago for just over $5 and now they're just over $7.
January 20th, 2022 at 4:39:05 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The CPI-E for retirees, is higher than it is for workers, since the elderly spend more on healthcare. Seniors 65 and older, spend twice as much on healthcare, and those 75 and older spend three times as much in healthcare as younger consumers. The COLA is based upon the CPI-W and not the CPI-E.
January 20th, 2022 at 4:44:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
The CPI-E for retirees, is higher than it is for workers, since the elderly spend more on healthcare. Seniors 65 and older, spend twice as much on healthcare, and those 75 and older spend three times as much in healthcare as younger consumers. The COLA is based upon the CPI-W and not the CPI-E.

Oh well
If you are depending on just social security for your retirement. You are not going to be able to retire.
That's common knowledge
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 20th, 2022 at 5:37:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Anybody here Captain poopy pants at his 9-hour press conference yesterday say that he's worried that the 2022 midterm elections will be illegitimate and stolen. The Press is going crazy with this because why would he say that. He said it because he knows the 2020 elections were stolen and if they can do it the other side can do it. The White House today was in full backtrack mode actually saying he never said it. I've seen the video over and over he said it all right. And he meant it. The Republicans don't have to steal the election it's already in the bag. No president t with runaway inflation like this has ever held onto Congress in the midterms
January 20th, 2022 at 5:39:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Biden is not to blame for inflation.
January 20th, 2022 at 5:40:21 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
the idiot gave a signal to Putin that as long as his invasion of Ukraine isn't too ambitious he'll get a pass

Biden needs another crisis to distract public attention away from his utter failures.

He's inviting Putin to invade. For his part, Putin is threatening to "deploy military infrastructure" to Cuba and Venezuela.

With all the money he's making on gas and oil since Biden became President, Putin isn't concerned about sanctions. He could always reduce the gas supply to western Europe even more.

"President Zelensky hits back at Biden comments"

Mr Zelensky tweeted: "There are no minor incursions. Just as there are no minor casualties and little grief from the loss of loved ones."