The Biden Presidency 2022

August 16th, 2022 at 6:40:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm interested in the Cheney race mostly to see whether she does any better than expected. A Democrat in that state motivated to turn out even knowing she will lose is a good sign.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2022 at 6:54:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Interesting.

FL is like Lucy with her football for Dems.

It polls close, and then on election night it goes red.

Too many old people have flocked there. (No offense intended any board members)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 17th, 2022 at 2:42:50 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine[q
'When Florida voters were asked about November's midterm Senate race, Demings came out on top against Rubio with 48% support to Rubio's 44%'

Florida and PA will give the dems two more Senate seats, and a permanent majority in the Senate.
August 17th, 2022 at 4:06:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Florida and PA will give the dems two more Senate seats, and a permanent majority in the Senate.

Is this the same source that also claims immigrants get $430 hotel rooms for LIFE????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2022 at 4:28:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

Too many old people have flocked there. (No offense intended any board members)

I am old and just moved to Florida I don't take any offense to that. I have actually been surprised by the number of old people. I am probably on the younger side of the "old people" but I have been shocked by the lack of young people in social settings. Granted, I am not going to night clubs but when I go into social setting it seems like at 56 years old my wife and I are the youngest in the crowd. The only place I see younger people (under 50) is when they are working.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 17th, 2022 at 5:22:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: DRich
The only place I see younger people (under 50) is when they are working.

About 80% of the people walking the streets in NYC, are under fifty. Rare to see someone over sixty.
August 23rd, 2022 at 3:04:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Tomorrow: Biden to potentially announce cancellation of up to $10k student debt for people earning under $125k per year.

Righties to whine about it, but admit they’re helpless to stop him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 23rd, 2022 at 4:55:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I wrote uncle Joe a letter requesting he NOT do this.

I had to pay off my loans, so should everybody else.

It's just a sop to try to placate the progressives.

Stupid, stupid move.
August 24th, 2022 at 5:53:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: ams288
Tomorrow: Biden to potentially announce cancellation of up to $10k student debt for people earning under $125k per year.

An additional $300 billion in inflationary government spending, on top of the $4 trillion he already added in less than two years.

Can't wait for him to bail out the Union pension funds, and the $3 trillion in State and Local debt loads they have no way of paying off.

For every dollar created, the value of all existing dollars decreases.

The cost of college tuition is going to accelerate at a faster rate.

'A former education secretary warned that government aid for students would lead directly to an increase in college costs (known as the Bennett hypothesis) and his predictions came true. The Federal Reserve found that for every dollar in student aid, tuition increases 65 cents.'

'Ultimately, costs at public universities rose 213 percent between 1980 and 2018.'
August 24th, 2022 at 6:15:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
An additional $300 billion in inflationary government spending, on top of the $4 trillion he already added in less than two years.

Can't wait for him to bail out the Union pension funds, and the $3 trillion in State and Local debt loads they have no way of paying off.

For every dollar created, the value of all existing dollars decreases.

The cost of college tuition is going to accelerate at a faster rate.

'A former education secretary warned that government aid for students would lead directly to an increase in college costs (known as the Bennett hypothesis) and his predictions came true. The Federal Reserve found that for every dollar in student aid, tuition increases 65 cents.'

'Ultimately, costs at public universities rose 213 percent between 1980 and 2018.'

Bottom line is neither party cares about debt
Is there anybody out there that will raise taxes and cut spending?
I used to vote republican because I thought they were fiscally responsible
That's no longer the case
Why do conservatives complain about spending during a Dem administration but are silent during a republican administration
The only thing that stops Tanko from complaining about spending is when Republicans are in charge yet the spending continues
Illogical :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"