Places in your City that will not allow entry without a fully vaccinated card or negative Covid test

Page 4 of 6<123456>
January 21st, 2022 at 8:01:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
You are confusing "aggressive" with "law abiding."

What is aggressive about telling someone to stop breaking the law in my presence?

I told a scofflaw to mask up the same way I'd tell a mother beating her child in public to stop.

Well, for one it is not a law. For two, you are not a cop. It is not harming anyone, you should just leave it alone.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2022 at 12:38:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
My son is getting married in September. He is requiring that all guests be vaccinated. To my knowledge that will not be an issue with anyone from my side of the family. Not sure about his fiance's family and friends, but I haven't heard about anyone they expect to be a problem.
January 22nd, 2022 at 11:42:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
My son is getting married in September. He is requiring that all guests be vaccinated. To my knowledge that will not be an issue with anyone from my side of the family. Not sure about his fiance's family and friends, but I haven't heard about anyone they expect to be a problem.

Congrats, do you have any grandkids yet from any of your children?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 22nd, 2022 at 5:03:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: DRich
Congrats, do you have any grandkids yet from any of your children?

Nope.

We are going to a new bar that does the whole Absinthe experience next week. On the bar’s website it states proof of vaccination is required for entry. I’m neither for nor against the policy, but I am totally for the bar’s right to require it. It’s a very small bar, capacity 40. I guess anything that increases my chance of getting a seat is good!
January 22nd, 2022 at 8:59:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Where I live this does not happen. I have experienced it travelling.

I am pretty indifferent about it. It's so easy to fake a COVID card for employment and legal purposes, that I have no doubt its even easier to fool an 18 year old doorman who does not really care other than to say he looked at the paper. So I am unclear on its effectiveness. Now, I have seen some places genuinely do a thorough job of checking the card to your DL and matching up the info, but I suspect that this is not the norm.

I support the right for any business to require whatever they want for any reason whether that be for customer safety, staff safety, or just optics. But, I think without a centralized vaccination certification program, it is relatively meaningless.

Though in your link, it seems strange that tests are not required for kids under 12? This is not something that has ever occurred to me, since most places I have experienced checks are bars/clubs (IE 21+), but wouldn't an unvaccinated 11-year-old be just as likely to transmit as a 13-year-old? I don't know if this is the norm or not, not something I have ever thought about or had a reason to look into. Seems like an arbitrary age cutoff.
January 25th, 2022 at 11:49:25 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
September is 8 months away, isn't this requirement a little premature? Who know what may change in that time frame.

Also, everyone knows that vaccinated people are unable to contract and transmit the virus.

Maybe a better plan would be to set up a tent outside the wedding and/or reception locations and require all guests take a rapid covid test and be negative before being allowed in.

note: statement above in italics is sarcasm

Let's go Brandon
January 27th, 2022 at 8:28:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: fleaswatter
September is 8 months away, isn't this requirement a little premature? Who know what may change in that time frame.

Also, everyone knows that vaccinated people are unable to contract and transmit the virus.

Maybe a better plan would be to set up a tent outside the wedding and/or reception locations and require all guests take a rapid covid test and be negative before being allowed in.

My son feels anyone stupid enough to be not vaccinated isn’t wanted. I can’t really disagree with him. I don’t think there is a single potential guest from ‘our side’ that is not vaccinated. I have no idea about the other side, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem

We went to the bar that advertised that you must show proof of vaccination. The guy at the door actually checked the card against my drivers license.
January 27th, 2022 at 11:07:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

My son feels anyone stupid enough to be not vaccinated isn’t wanted. I can’t really disagree with him. I don’t think there is a single potential guest from ‘our side’ that is not vaccinated. I have no idea about the other side, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem

We went to the bar that advertised that you must show proof of vaccination. The guy at the door actually checked the card against my drivers license.

To get into a bar, restaurant, sports event and many other places in BC you must have a government issued vaccination certificate which has a big QR code. The code must be scanned by the venue with the government scanning app. The name that comes up on the app if it shows it is not a fake certificate and you are vaccinated must be backed up by government issued picture ID (drivers license etc.). Government inspectors are doing inspections and if they get into your premises without being checked it is a $2200 fine.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 28th, 2022 at 2:29:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
The Florida Surgeon General is an anti vaxxer
Can't make that BS up
Come on Soopoo
Republican monetary policy is debatable
Republican vaccine policy is simply WRONG and deadly
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2022 at 2:29:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
The Florida Surgeon General is an anti vaxxer
We have a stupid Surgeon General
Can't make that BS up
Come on Soopoo
Republican monetary policy is debatable
Republican vaccine policy is simply WRONG and deadly
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 4 of 6<123456>