Ukraine conflict

February 27th, 2022 at 5:30:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Musk makes starlink available to Ukraine making it next to impossible for Russia to cut Ukrainians off from the internet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2022 at 6:50:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
When your country is in crisis
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 27th, 2022 at 7:23:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined

100%, the President can be a role model for many other crisis, just walking the streets of the capital while under siege. Most, would out of the country, or hiding in a secure compound.
Also, many politicians are fighting on the front line.
February 27th, 2022 at 7:44:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined

100%, the President can be a role model for many other crisis, just walking the streets of the capital while under siege. Most, would out of the country, or hiding in a secure compound.
Also, many politicians are fighting on the front line.

"Leadership of the President Biden has been really tremendous", Petro Poroshenko, former Ukrainian President.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2022 at 7:48:15 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
In the US most of our politicians fall into either softie fatass or softie geezer territory. No benefit to a Cruz or Pelosi trying to protect anything. They pillage, not protect.
February 27th, 2022 at 7:57:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Ukraine is asking for foreign volunteers to go help fight. I think many of you healthy posters should go and fight for the good of Ukraine.

I don't hate Russia and I don't have any great positive feelings towards the Ukraine. Quite frankly, I barely know anything about either of the two countries.

I'd have to say that I would really need to despise the other country to go help in someone else's war...don't think I'd do it just because I had positive feelings towards the country being attacked anyway. I tend to think that hate would be the stronger motivator---especially to kill.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 27th, 2022 at 7:58:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
A very disappointing admission by you.

Forget the god thing: that's irrelevant.

Would you be willing to die while defending your country from attack, as a patriot would?

You say no.

Nearly cowardly, if not completely so.

I don't know, maybe, probably.

If the South ever decides they actually want to run it again, when the only thing they've ran the last 157 years is their mouths, I'll be first in line to enlist.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 27th, 2022 at 8:01:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
This whole Ukraine thing is such a huge yawner. It's like Russia invading Russia. One of the Russian soldiers is he even quoted as saying he doesn't know to shoot at because everybody looks like him. Somebody else said just like everybody in the United States knows somebody who lives in Florida, everybody in Russia know somebody who lives in Ukraine. It's almost like a civil war.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of Russian soldiers thinking why in the hell they are out there shooting at Ukrainians even if they're not saying it.

From the Ukrainian point of view, you have to either shoot attackers or be shot or taken over by them no matter how you feel about them. It's a fairly pragmatic choice. I've got nothing against wild animals like a bear. I don't even hunt them. But I'm gonna shoot at one if it tries to attack me and I have a gun.
February 27th, 2022 at 8:03:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rquiredusername
have you seen any major US city that doesn’t have harsh winters lately?

Miami
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 27th, 2022 at 8:16:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Miami

I'm in Tampa
I've been avoiding harsh winters for 2 decades
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"