Is Covid over?

July 18th, 2022 at 1:18:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Riverjordan
My workplace recently removed its plexiglass barriers. I don't like that. I had a Customer cough right on me. Had the plexiglass barriers still been there, he would have coughed on the plexiglass barrier, not me.

Tell your employer to put them back up or else you will go work elsewhere.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 18th, 2022 at 1:41:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

I agree
Plexiglass is the new normal
This virus will ebb and flow
As long as hospitals can keep up, everything should remain open but there is a severe variant out there
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 2:00:10 PM permalink
terapined
Uh oh
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/ghana-confirms-two-cases-highly-infectious-marburg-virus-2022-07-17/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 2:02:59 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich

My station has it back up. My base wasn't completely destroyed like the other stations, so I complained and my plexiglass barrier is back.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 18th, 2022 at 2:41:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Remember Dr Fuji and scarf lady when they're little Vaudeville Act back at the beginning of all this? She's written a book where she says half of what they told us was BS but they did it for our own good. Especially lying about vaccinations and how good they were when it turns out they weren't good at all. But I didn't trust a word either one of them said and I said as much here. And I was right not to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 18th, 2022 at 2:55:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
My workplace recently removed its plexiglass barriers. I don't like that. I had a Customer cough right on me. Had the plexiglass barriers still been there, he would have coughed on the plexiglass barrier, not me.

Oh, my, how will you survive?
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2022 at 3:02:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Remember Dr Fuji and scarf lady when they're little Vaudeville Act back at the beginning of all this? She's written a book where she says half of what they told us was BS but they did it for our own good. Especially lying about vaccinations and how good they were when it turns out they weren't good at all. But I didn't trust a word either one of them said and I said as much here. And I was right not to.

2 guesses and the second one doesn't count. You didn't read the book?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2022 at 3:36:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

The whole thing was very classic government trying to act like they were doing things to calm the sheep. Remember when they mandated one-way aisles in grocery stores? Sheep loved it! Some stores had employees acting as a sort of "ranger" who would yell at people who walked back even a few steps because they wanted an item. Again, the sheep loved it. The rest of us saw how it was simply silly.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2022 at 3:41:36 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
2 guesses and the second one doesn't count. You didn't read the book?

I actually give kudos to Trump for keeping Fauci and Birx on
Hear that Trumpers
Im giving Kudos to Trump
Trumpers hate Fauci and Birx yet due to the cult, they cant criticize Trump for keeping them on :-)
July 18th, 2022 at 3:50:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The whole thing was very classic government trying to act like they were doing things to calm the sheep. Remember when they mandated one-way aisles in grocery stores? Sheep loved it! Some stores had employees acting as a sort of "ranger" who would yell at people who walked back even a few steps because they wanted an item. Again, the sheep loved it. The rest of us saw how it was simply silly.

Honestly I loved that, and nothing to do with COVID, busy stores are just so much more efficient when all aisles are flowing the in the same direction without the worry of somebody abruptly turning the corner or blocking a side with a cart. Its one of those good things from COVID that should have been in place years ago due to general uniformity and efficiency. Sadly, many of the store that implemented this have stopped and removed all signage and floor markings.