Is Covid over?

July 16th, 2022 at 4:20:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I don’t know why the answer is always “Trump” in one form or another. If he did politicize the pandemic/science, that should have ended 1/20/2021…which means that people shouldn’t be leaving now due to politicization UNLESS it is still going on. Uncle Joe is kindly and so much better, why leave when he has fixed the problems? If they were so upset about how things were being done, why not leave while it is happening and fight from the outside? MSNBC and CNN would have gladly given them a platform.

Perhaps the problem in the agencies now has more to do with someone not named Trump.

Alternate response…

This issue does not impact me.
I am living my best life.
I am not worried about the economy
Only morons are poor due to the economy.
My money will easily outlast me.

The scientists are now in charge at the CDC
That's why Trumpers are upset
The alternative is to listen to that nut that's the Surgeon General of FL. Even conservative Dr Soopoo thinks that guy is a nut

Common sense is that economic problems are a planetary issue that did not start with Biden but started with Ukraine war and the lingering effects of the virus

Breaking news
Anonymous sources that are govt employee Trumpers are reporting that they are embarrassed to work for the govt because Biden is President. Sarcasm. Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 16th, 2022 at 5:19:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Your source is BS
It's totally meaningless if you don't name names
Who exactly are saying these things and exactly what are they referring too
You may not be able to distinguish between legitimate proof and anonymous innuendo regarding generalizations.
Anybody can find an anonymous disgruntled employee
Talk about bias
This is the king of biased reporting

Top 3 people in NIH resign. Fear of repercussions is always a problem for government employees who attack the government. This a very well respected, none profit, left leaning organization. The head of it is very well respected and connected. You quick response doesn't stand up to inspection.

"At the NIH, doctors and scientists complain to us about low morale and lower staffing: The NIH’s Vaccine Research Center has had many of its senior scientists leave over the last year, including the director, deputy director and chief medical officer. “They have no leadership right now. Suddenly there’s an enormous number of jobs opening up at the highest level positions,” one NIH scientist told us. (The people who spoke to us would only agree to be quoted anonymously, citing fear of professional repercussions.) "
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 5:20:00 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
The scientists are now in charge at the CDC
That's why Trumpers are upset
The alternative is to listen to that nut that's the Surgeon General of FL. Even conservative Dr Soopoo thinks that guy is a nut

Common sense is that economic problems are a planetary issue that did not start with Biden but started with Ukraine war and the lingering effects of the virus

Breaking news
Anonymous sources that are govt employee Trumpers are reporting that they are embarrassed to work for the govt because Biden is President. Sarcasm. Lol

I’m not upset at all. In fact I don’t care. I listen to the science, including non-government science. Got vaxxed sooner than most (1/2021), wore a mask a while after most took them off, etc. I also know government science was not perfect.

The only thing I really addressed is, that if we are commenting about this issue as it has been framed (as happening currently), there is not a “Trump” component to it. We’ve had this other guy as President for 18 months.
July 16th, 2022 at 5:59:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
The only thing I really addressed is, that if we are commenting about this issue as it has been framed (as happening currently), there is not a “Trump” component to it. We’ve had this other guy as President for 18 months.

I’m still waiting for someone to “frame” the issue. I have no idea what kenarman is even bitching about.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 16th, 2022 at 6:52:32 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You ask me to frame it but I would sooner you go find it for yourself. You don't believe anything I say if it doesn't fit your world view so why waste my time.

But because I am into my third G&T I will put myself out there for you. The problem is the scientists in the 2 major health agencies in the US (the CDC and NIH) are claiming that Biden's government is ignoring their advice and the newest research and studies and following bad science in the current things being done in the fight against Covid.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 7:57:50 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
You ask me to frame it but I would sooner you go find it for yourself. You don't believe anything I say if it doesn't fit your world view so why waste my time.

But because I am into my third G&T I will put myself out there for you. The problem is the scientists in the 2 major health agencies in the US (the CDC and NIH) are claiming that Biden's government is ignoring their advice and the newest research and studies and following bad science in the current things being done in the fight against Covid.

Sounds like the same BS the FL surgeon General is pushing.
You are talking gibberish BS
What scientific advice is the CDC and NIH not following
I ask for concise details
I have an open mind and I respect science
I'll be the 1st to throw NIH or CDC under the bus
But I can't with your generalized BS
Come on
Some details please instead of your BS
What consensus scientific evidence are they ignoring???????????????
You are so biased, you don't provide jack to support your argument
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 17th, 2022 at 4:54:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

What advice are they giving that is being ignored? This is what I’ve been asking that you’ve been unable to specify.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 17th, 2022 at 5:42:05 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
What advice are they giving that is being ignored? This is what I’ve been asking that you’ve been unable to specify.

I agree
I'll throw any Dem under the bus for ignoring science
To me this is a bombshell that NIH and CDC are following bad science.
I ask Kernamen to be specific. "Bad science " don't mean jack without specifics
Is it bad science in the opinion of the that clown that's the FL surgeon General, then the bad science quote is BS.
What do you think of the FL surgeon General Kenarmen ????? Dr Soopoo thinks the guy is a crackpot. Do you trust him???? This would make your "bad science" quote understandable BS if you do trust that clown
July 17th, 2022 at 11:27:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Riverjordan
It definitely seems like we are just about out of the woods with Covid, with half or even more than half of People no longer wearing masks, Covid no longer the top news in News, a significant portion of vaccinated People, and about 97 percent of Businesses being open, events being back in the real world and not virtually, etc seem almost to be in pre Covid times again.

US Covid deaths passed 500 last week. The number of confirmed Covid deaths stayed below 500 per week for over 9 weeks last summer. Of course by January 2022 death rate soared again to over 2500 per week. So there is no statistical evidence pointing to it being over.

It may not return to 3400 per week like it did in January 2021.

You are citing anecdotal behavioral evidence which is more of an indication that people are sick of worrying about it.
July 18th, 2022 at 12:43:05 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
My workplace recently removed its plexiglass barriers. I don't like that. I had a Customer cough right on me. Had the plexiglass barriers still been there, he would have coughed on the plexiglass barrier, not me.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.