Is Covid over?

Page 3 of 57<123456>Last »
April 24th, 2022 at 5:15:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Deaths are down to three per week in NYC. (Pop. 9 million)

No details on how many of the deaths are 'with covid' as opposed to 'due to covid'.

BA.2 strain is so last week.

Newest strain is the faster spreading XE.
April 24th, 2022 at 6:47:22 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Flew home from Fort Lauderdale on Friday.

I’d estimate that mask usage at the airport/on the plane was about 40% masked.

I honestly expected lower, being in Florida and all…

People leaving Florida are probably much smarter than those of us who live in Florida.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 24th, 2022 at 10:08:51 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
Quote missedhervee "I don't understand what the gov't has to gain by deliberately lying"

That quote should be in the dictionary as an example for naive. I actually have trouble believing that someone could make that statement. Most people get it figured out about the same time they realize that Santa Claus isn't real.

I viewed the "wear a mask" requirement as a good faith, well-intentioned effort by the government to protect the population.

The notion espoused by some of you birds that it is all about the gov't wanting to "control" us is a laughable conspiracy theory, parroted by the same sort of intellectual "thinkers" who still claim Trump won the election.

It is a thoroughly politicized issue now thanks to the boo-birds on the right.
April 24th, 2022 at 10:27:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
I viewed the "wear a mask" requirement as a good faith, well-intentioned effort by the government to protect the population.

The notion espoused by some of you birds that it is all about the gov't wanting to "control" us is a laughable conspiracy theory, parroted by the same sort of intellectual "thinkers" who still claim Trump won the election.

It is a thoroughly politicized issue now thanks to the boo-birds on the right.

To keep a slave a slave let him think he is free.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2022 at 10:38:35 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote missedhervee: "I viewed the "wear a mask" requirement as a good faith, well-intentioned effort by the government to protect the population."

Exactly what the government told you to think. Don't fall for Darth Vader's thought control you can gain independence if you try hard grasshopper.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 24th, 2022 at 10:45:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
To keep a slave a slave let him think he is free.

See, you don't even know you're a sheeple with your acting independently of the government position.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2022 at 7:00:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Quote missedhervee: "I viewed the "wear a mask" requirement as a good faith, well-intentioned effort by the government to protect the population."

Exactly what the government told you to think. Don't fall for Darth Vader's thought control you can gain independence if you try hard grasshopper.

The govt had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to wear a mask. The govt is the last place I go to for medical advice. I simply do not listen to the govt regarding any decision I make regarding my health.
It's all politicians in the govt.
I listen to the medical community and Soopoo regarding all decisions I make regarding my health
Regarding my health, Soopoo has more influence then anybody in the govt.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 25th, 2022 at 7:26:39 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Riverjordan
It definitely seems like we are just about out of the woods with Covid, with half or even more than half of People no longer wearing masks,

It seems that mask wearing is not the best means of measuring the end of COVID.

Reported deaths in the US in the previous 7 days
373 April 23, 2022
726 April 22, 2021
2232 April 23, 2020

223 July 8, 2021 lowest rate since COVD began

Basically scientists say the viruses never completely go away. There were traces of the 1918 virus eighty years later.

But it looks as if the death rate will go even lower this summer than last summer, so hopefully it won't resurge as much in the next winter.
April 25th, 2022 at 7:33:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
It seems that mask wearing is not the best means of measuring the end of COVID.

Reported deaths in the US in the previous 7 days
373 April 23, 2022
726 April 22, 2021
2232 April 23, 2020

223 July 8, 2021 lowest rate since COVD began

Basically scientists say the viruses never completely go away. There were traces of the 1918 virus eighty years later.

But it looks as if the death rate will go even lower this summer than last summer, so hopefully it won't resurge as much in the next winter.

So much attention paid to death rate
This virus scares me for 2 reasons, not one
Death and long covid
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 25th, 2022 at 7:56:20 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
So much attention paid to death rate
This virus scares me for 2 reasons, not one
Death and long covid

You have more chance of getting cancer than you do long Covid.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 3 of 57<123456>Last »